The Betsy - South Beach
Penguin Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Bar/Lounge
Villa Paradiso(Miami Beach)
2,839 results
All reviewsbltpopoversrolling stonesocean drivetv in the mirrorcolonial stylesouth beachrooftop deckboutique hotelboucher brothersart decobeautiful hotelpool viewturn down servicelobby barsmall hotelpeople watching
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Aside from the perfect location, we were so impressed with this charming hotel, with its hall lined photos of the Beatles and Rolling Stones, that we decided to extend our trip! Paul, the Concierge made us feel at home, and personally took us on a tour when we arrived. This quaint hotel has a comfortable piano bar, secluded pool behind the hotel, and an amazing rooftop spa and restaurant overlooking the ocean, as well as a steakhouse inside called BLT. Paul also was full of knowledge as far as other great restaurants and hot spots in South Beach, and was only too happy to arrange whatever we wanted to do!! We are so appreciative, and would stay at The Betsy again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissyLWakefield
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The Betsy is at the top end of Ocean Drive, so a bit quieter than a lot of the party-oriented places lower down, and a bit calmer and more sophisticated. Service was excellent, and everyone very friendly. The staff is really nice and helpful. Our room was also very nice and comfortable, and though not huge, was generous enough. We had a one bed suite with inner pool view. The pool was very small and too cold, but the beach is right across the street, with lounge chairs complimentary for hotel guests. The roof terrace is also beautiful and a nice place to have a drink or just relax in the sun. We ate one night in the steak restaurant, which was OK, but a bit overpriced and not as good food as other steak places we have been to in Miami. We had brunch on Sunday which was nice as well. Otherwise, there is a Starbucks right across the street which is handy for a lighter breakfast. Staying here, everything is pretty much walking distance so we did not bother to rent a car. Notice some of the bigger hotels have their own beach area behind the hotel (Ritz, Loews) which this hotel is lacking, but otherwise it's a very nice, luxurious hotel.

Room Tip: We chose a room that looked over the pool, which was very quiet, at least in February. We also had a suite which was quite spacious. We were on an upper floor, the elevator is old and slow so we usually took the stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My future daughter in law, her mom and I spent a wonderful weekend at The Betsy in January. My son proposed at The Betsy last spring and after his glowing review of all aspects of the hotel we decided to have the wedding there. It was my first time at the Betsy and from the moment we walked I knew we made the right decision. We had a fabulous weekend planning the wedding, tasting the amazing BLT food and enjoying the beautiful roof deck. The hotel staff was amazing and we left knowing in our heart that that The Betsy was the perfect location for the wedding. We are looking forward the big day on June, 6 2013!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2013

The location was great and the courtyard rooms don't get any noise from the street. Beach is literally across the street and the hotel resort fee covers chairs + umbrellas. There are lots of restaurants and margarita places around and the art deco district is beautiful.

Overall, The Betsy seems to cater for probably a more 40-50+ crowd so wasn't quite our style, but overall everything was well maintained and tasteful. The room wasn't huge, but perfectly adequate size, bed was comfortable etc.

We were not best impressed with the reception staff in terms of professionalism. For example, could not get restaurant recommendations or help with bookings - just got a generic list with no info, just rough categories and names.

Rooms aren't very well insulated - you can hear everything from the corridor and rooms next to the stairs are especially unpleasant in this aspect... The way the beds are positioned, your head would be next to the wall to the stairwell.

Roofdeck was nice. Pool is in the courtyard, kind of dark and not a very inviting area unfortunately. Was clean though and chairs around it to hang out at.

I might stay here again because of the location and having things within walking distance. Although, might look for somewhere a bit more my style / better value. Service was the main aspect why I gave this hotel *** rather than ****.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the stairs, courtyard rooms are quieter and much better value for money
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmiliaS
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Emilia S,

Thank you for your visit, and your review. This was certainly the busiest week in Miami Beach in a very long time - 2 different music festivals, Spring Break, and a beach filled with many people escaping the brutal winter to the north to enjoy very warm, balmy days and nights. I do apologize that your stay was not the usual tranquil respite that the Betsy offers, and would be happy to make that up to you on a return visit, as our Repeat Guests always get extra special focus from both me personally and my staff! Please let me know directly when you are returning and I will do my utmost to make your stay perfect in every way!

Jeff Lehman

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This boutique hotel was in the perfect location for my best friend and I to celebrate her 50th birthday get-away for a spa weekend sans kids. We wanted to get sun and cocktails and spa treatments and have access to restaurants and clubs w/out being smack in the middle of the ruckus of Collins Ave or in one of the massive places like the Fountainblue. The Betsy completley fit the bill. The ambience was perfect and the service was spectacular. We had a room facing the pool which was not large, but large enough and equipped with everything,including a properly sized lighted make-up mirror (one of my BIG must-haves) stashed in the closet.
The roof-top spa was different, not sure how I'd like it mid-day w/ more traffic noise, but we had early appointments. The therapists were really good. The roof top bar is defimitley the place to be for relaxation and full service. We never left! OK, not completley true, we dined at BLT one night and it was delicious. When I go back to South Beach, I will definitely be staying at The Betsy.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank etakwill

Dear Etakwill,

Thank you for your visit, and I am so happy that you had such a great stay! We look forward to your return as much as you do!

Warm Regards,