“Highly recommended option for South Beach”

The Betsy - South Beach
Ranked #11 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Past experience proved to me that you can't expect to stay on South Beach, with any quality, on the cheap. The Betsy offered a mid range nightly rate (for South Beach prices), and did not disappoint in any way. Location is superb, at my preferred end of Ocean Drive. Hotel is impeccably appointed, and the room was delightfully furnished and immaculate. All the staff were exceptional. In particular, we had an issue caused my a miscommunication related to showering facilities after check-out. (If you want to take a shower after checking out, make sure you are absolutely clear as to what facilities are available). The Duty Manager was highly professional and resolved the situation effectively and with real concern (even though I did perhaps have to make a little bit more of a fuss than I should, and given that it was clearly a mistake made twice by front desk staff). We would go back to The Betsy tomorrow, and we are wondering if we may even return for 4 days over Christmas!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear JoaoLisbon,

Thank you for your recent visit, and for your review of your stay. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself, and I would be more than happy to personally make future arrangements for you for the holidays. Please always feel free to reach out to me directly, for the best possible options - our return Guests are our most cherished, and I always like to do what I can to reward your loyalty!

Jeff Lehman

Write a ReviewReviews (2,732)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I are just back from a short stay at The Betsy. This really is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The room is quite small (it is a boutique hotel) but the location amenities and especially the service were really first rate. Everyone we met greeted us warmly (and often by name) nothing was too much trouble, every request was met with an immediate action and the whole feel of the hotel is high-end luxury.

The BLT restaurant was just superb, I can really recommend the Wagyu Skirt steak.

If you are thinking about booking then you really should

Dear DorsetLynn,

Thank you so much for your recent visit and your comments. Exceeding expectations is the goal, and anytime I hear "best ever " in a review of our hotel it makes my day. We look forward to your next visit almost as much as you do!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I recommend the hotel ! Very nice location , nice ambience and a very good restaurant ! The staff are very nice too !
They could up grade the spa and the service at the concierge .
Don't leave the hotel without trying the menu of the restaurant , the bread is amazing , something i never tried before , like the Japanese dishes were also very good

Room Tip: Rooms that are on the back are noisy !
1  Thank Ariane C
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Ariane C.,

Thank you for your recent visit, and your review! The bread in our restaurant, BLT, is our world famous popovers - indeed, not to be missed! I'm glad you enjoyed - we give out the receipe with every order - have you tried making them yet?

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great location on Ocean Drive - just a short walk to the beach. This is a really lovely hotel. It's beautiful from the outside with a great lobby and bar area. It feels very upmarket, but also very relaxing. The staff are all immaculately presented, very polite and professional, and willing to assist with whatever you need. The rooms are small, particularly the bathroom, however they are beautifully presented and styled. The wooden floors, four poster bed and marble finishes in the bathroom make the room feel very luxurious. The bed is quite comfortable and the room was very quiet. The house keeping staff do a great job as the room was exceptionally clean. Both the food from room service and in the restaurant is very good - couldn't fault it. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Miami.

Dear DJA_SA,

Thank you for your review this week! You are correct, some of our rooms are cozy but well appointed, due mostly to the historic nature of our building. A third of our accomodations are now suites, though - perhaps next time you will be able to experience one of those - from Ocean View to Pool View, they are an even better Betsy experience!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was impressed by every aspect of this hotel. I first started coming to the betsy for business but this year i added an extra day with my family. the staff were extremely helpful switching me to a suite from a king, even calling me at the beach to let me know the room was ready early and we could move in. after we checked out, the manager called me to tell me that my daughter left her prescription glasses in the room, and helped arrange for us to get them quickly. i won't stay anywhere else in Miami.

Room Tip: The king size rooms are great for singles and couples, but the corner suites can easily sleep a fami...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Gwen W.,

Thank you for your loyalty and your recent review! I'm always happy to see that we have made a client for life. Our goal is to continually exceed your expectations, and I was happy to read that so far we hav done that. Please feel free to reach out to me directly anytime your travels are bringing you back to the Betsy!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for our final night in Florida and was a great way to end the holiday.

Right at the top of Ocean Drive, it is a great location. Immediately greeted by staff and treated very well. Rooms and hotel are extremely clean and extremely modern, albeit perhaps a little small in the rooms but this was to be expected with it being a boutique hotel.

Could have no complaints about my stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear JakeCrowson,

Thank you for your recent visit - albeit brief, I am happy to read that you were able to experience the Betsy on your way back home. Perhaps next time you can work in a longer visit! We will be here at the ready for you, whenever your plans bring you back to sunny Miami Beach!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just had four days at the Betsy. Was delighted by it's charm and history. Was over the moon to meet the photographer who was exhibiting at the time of our stay. Found the staff to be very welcoming and knowledgeable about whatever we asked of them. The food was wonderful although pricey. Fantastic Yorkshire puddings served before dinner so beware. Leave room for dinner! The bedrooms were average but ours was facing the side street and was very noisy. The use of the sun loungers on the beach was a bonus. Overall a great stay and would love to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool