The Betsy - South Beach
US$562
US$392
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$321
US$283
US$528
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$372
US$341
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$428
US$358
US$472
US$303
Official Site
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$174
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$311
US$240
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$163
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$390
US$371
2,899 results
All reviewsbltpopoversrolling stonesocean drivetv in the mirrorcolonial stylesouth beachrooftop deckboutique hotelboucher brothersart decobeautiful hotelpool viewturn down servicelobby barsmall hotelpeople watching
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Betsy for 3 nights in November. Unfortunately, we didn't have great weather so weren't able to use the pool or beach facilities to their fullest. We managed one trip to the bar on the roof terrace, with its great views, shortly after our arrival, but again the weather prevented any further visits.

That said, this is a beautiful hotel, which provides exceptional service. We were particularly impressed with the staff on the door, who could not have been friendlier. A great deal of thought has clearly gone in to all of the details of the hotel, from the lovely Malin & Goetz products in the bathroom to live jazz in the lobby.

We also very much liked the hotel location, on Ocean Drive but right at the north end where it's much quieter.

We did however feel that the drinks from the bar (both in the lobby and on the roof terrace) were somewhat pricey.

Despite that, this really is a great place to stay and treat yourself to a little bit of luxury.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mandyb64
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Mandyb64,

Thank you for your recent visit, and for taking the time to write your review. I'm sorry that the weather didn't cooperate with your visit - hopefully on your next trip you will be able to spend more time on our Veranda, with some of the best people watching that South Beach has to offer! Our return Guests are among our most important, so feel free to reach out to me personally for the utmost in care and luxury on your next visit!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Lovely atmosphere, great location, friendly staff especially Leslie on the door and Margot Harsan the concierge, who was exceptionaly helpful. Highly recommended.
Rooms on 3rd floor at back were soo quiet.

Food at BLT was pricey but worth it.

Roof terrace lovely to chill out

We will be back

Betsy Manager if you are reading this only thing I would do if I were you would be a lick of paint in the room...335! Also add tea for us English

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Pam R,

Thank you for your visit and your review! I do indeed read every review, and we will take a look at your room. Our PM (preventative maintenance) program is ongoing, and I am sorry that your visit coincided with that room's need for a little touch up painting. Still, I'm happy to read that you had a great time. All of our suites (roughly a third of our accomodations) have coffee and tea makers in them - I think I know where you need to stay on your next visit!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is another great SLH hotel on the perfect location at South Beach seaside. Beautiful interiors, fantastic rooms with top beds. Great restaurant and very enjoyable bar. Dine outside on the terrace and enjoy the South Beach views. Very nice roof top swimming pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Erik2540,

Thank you for your recent visit, and your 5 star review! Our goal is to be the best that South Beach has to offer - location, amenities, and comfort. I'm happy that you left feeling that we are! We look forward to your return visits, anytime your plans bring you to Miami Beach!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This beautiful colonial inspired Art Deco hotel offered me (and will do you) a serene oasis in the heart of South Beach. I picked this hotel for a weekend, to flee from the chaos of everyday life, looking for a place to exhale. I arrived late at night and the hotel staff were waiting and welcoming. Although the hotel was fully booked that weekend and I was worried my late arrival might leave me with an unloved, leftover guestroom, I was shown to a lovely haven with an ocean view.

Despite my concern that it overlooked the road and the Betsy patio, the room was quiet 24/7. Every detail charmed me: the bed was comfortable, the uncluttered bathroom stocked with Malin & Goetz products, and a mile high pile of fluffy white towels. I could really breathed out and relax among this whole warm ambience; even the bookcase full of books felt like a warm hug making me feel at home. The Betsy motto "Expect no more, this is happiness" certainly proved true for me.

I woke up on my first morning and sat on the patio eating breakfast leisurely. While I knew I should follow the healthy egg white choices of my neighbors, I indulged in a less figure friendly choice and was pleased with my decision -- this is the place to break any diet. The patio quickly became my favorite spot to read, people watch, sip a glass of wine or enjoy a meal. I even opted for dinner there - craving a burger that was not listed on the menu but they were happy to accommodate. Not only was the burger well worth it but I am still dreaming of the home made pate the chef sent out to tide me over while I waited.

To work off my food decisions, I found the Citybikes across the road an excellent way to cruise to the end of the boardwalk and around the city. I also walked to Lincoln Road for some good browsing and walked one evening to an event at the New World Symphony - where I listened to the works of young composers in a spectacular building.

The next morning the beach beckoned and the Betsy has loungers available for guests. I secured a comfy spot with none of the battle for territory I usually brace for on a South Beach visit. After my dose of sunshine, I went back to the hotel and up to the open air spa on the roof for the Signature Massage. The welcoming foot bath ritual, the aromatic oils of the massage, the skilled therapist and the sea breeze completed my transformation from an over-scheduled over-active work horse to Zen surrendered tourist.

After my massage, I walked to the other side of the roof, lay on one of the loungers under the mist, ordered a drink and watched the ocean ebb and flow. When it started to drizzle, I spent an hour weaving in an out of the hallways of the hotel and wandering up and down the staircases looking at the museum-level photo exhibit showing early pictures of the Beatles and Rolling Stones - I bought the coffee table book and paged through in the lobby among the chess players and readers who, like me, just enjoying hanging out at the hotel. The level of relaxation that I achieved means The Betsy will definitely become a frequent pilgrimage destination for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear PoppyHopper,

Thank you for taking the time to write your extensive review on your visit to the Betsy! We strive to be a peaceful oasis, and some of the choices that you made - including not adhereing to diet that is too healthy! - are good ones while at the Betsy. We pride ourselves on our art exhibits and libraries too, so I was happy to read that you enjoyed those. Anytime that you need a getaway, we are here for you! Remember, this is happiness!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Recently stayed in a classic suite which was very nicely furnished and spacious. The white lacquered fittings showed signs of wear but this did not have a major impact on the room aesthetics. Roof terrace very pleasant and easy beach access with the most comfy loungers I've ever encountered. Luckily the hotel is at the end of Ocean Drive which ensures a certain amount of peace and quiet. The rest of the strip is quite tacky at night and very loud. Only downside of our room was being woken at 7.30ish every morning by the bin men...

Room Tip: Maybe not facing side alley with bins...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilytravellerTA

Dear FamilytravellerTA,

Thank you for your recent visit, and for your review. I'm a delighted to report that as of tomorrow, our bins are being moved to an area that will no longer affect those few rooms rooms which happen to face west - this represents how we truly try to listen to our Guests, with open ears, for ways to contantly improve the Betsy experience! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Betsy, to see our always evolving efforts in hospitality, comfort, and culture!