“The Betsy”

Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tipp City, Ohio, USA
“The Betsy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Beautiful small hotel located directly accross from the beach. There is also a Starbucks accross the street which was great to pick up a cup of coffee and sit under the umbrella on the beach. The door men, and managers were always helpful and some of the door men actually called you by your last name. The royal suite was very roomy with the separte living room. The bath room was great with the in mirror tv. The roof deck was great to look out at the ocean and enjoy the huge lounge chairs. The best part is that you are away from all of the noise and pedistrian traffic which is only a few blocks away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheBetsyHotel, General Manager at The Betsy - South Beach, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear 1miser,

Thank you for your visit, and for your review! We strive to make the Betsy feel like a private home - how could we not use your name? It is our pleasure to have you as our Guest, for a short time or a long time! We look forward to you return visits!

Warm Regards,

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel feels like an oasis on Ocean Drive in South Beach, once you enter the hotel you forget you are on the busiest street where people party every day. It has a nice cozy feeling of a cottage, the pool is nested in the inner courtyard so you have privacy and you don't have to see people and cars on the street which I think is a plus.

Ah, they even have a Nespresso coffee machine with complimentary coffee and tea, you can beat that :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Bella134,

263 Cities and 73 reviews later, I am happy to read that you include us in your "best of" thoughts. I am glad you liked the convenience of a great coffee & tea maker in your suite - we have a variety of accommodations from the simple elegant to large and, well, elegant. My perception is that you chose a suite on this visit. Much like the Artwork throughout our public areas, all of our rooms and suites are a bit different, with their own personalities. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,

Austrian Alps, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I are currently on our honeymoon and stayed at this amazing hotel from May 1st to May 5th - we loved every second of it. Everyone from the doormen to the concierge were very polite and helpful. Rooms are on the smaller side, but very clean and stylish. The rooftop bar is awesome. We are currently on our road trip and will return to the Betsy on the 12th. Can't wait to get back!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Lawnerd33,

Thank you for visiting the Betsy last week, and for your wonderful review! I am happy to read that you had a great time - every second! - and we look forward to your return! Please reach out to me directly at the hotel so that can personally see to your reservation and possible upgrade - our return visitors are our most cherished!

Warm regards,

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

It was my first time to Miami and I have to say the Betsy really made it a special experience. I was only there for one night, but everyone made me feel at home. The check-in process was flawless and room spectacular and immaculate. The restaurant had excellent service and the food was very good.

When I am back in Miami I will definitely stay here and will have no problems recommending this places to others. A Special thanks to both the GM Jeff and Thomas for making this a memorable experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel made me feel claustrophobic with its tiny rooms and dark corridors. Door to our room did not shut properly and once was left wide opened by the housekeeping. At the arrival, we were made waiting for half an hour to get to our rooms although we have arrived way past the check in time. Rooms were sprayed with air fresher which was a very strong scent. We struggled to sleep at night due to this smell and you couldn't open the windows in the rooms! Restaurant in the lobby of the hotel made it overcrowded every evening and it never felt quiet and relaxed. The only highlight of the stay was the roof top terrace which was a great place to watch the sunset and sip a drink. Breakfast was decent although I would have preferred more choice.

All in all I felt Betsy was overrated and I felt ripped off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nzlata
Dear Nzlata,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that the Betsy was not to your liking - I suppose that it is true that you can't please all the people all the time, although I would be remiss not to recommend trying one of our larger suites on a future visit, as the room size, and the price, seems to have been your primary disappointment. Sometimes the culture, location and service are what visitors are after, other times it is more of a square footage equation - there certainly is an abundance of both on Miami Beach – I do hope you will give us another try!

Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I loved the ambiance of this boutique hotel. It felt more inviting then some of the bigger hotels on Ocean Drive. I loved the location, which was central to everything; Starbucks, the beach , restaurants, a great people watching vantage point. I can't say enough about the service staff, from the time when we first entered the hotel, until we checked out to get a cab and were handed a cold bottle of water for the cab ride to the airport. I have to give kudos to the concierge, Margot, who made the trip special for me. It was my birthday while we were at the hotel and she arranged a very special dinner at the Versace Mansion. With her sunny disposition, she was a delight to talk to. Margot always had great suggestions about what to do while we were there and offered many options. I can't wait to go back. The only thing that I would do differently is upgrade to a suite. We were in the classic room which would suffice, but the bathroom was a little cramped.

Room Tip: Classic Room nice BUT the bathroom was small.