“Good location, average hotel”
Review of The Fritz Hotel

Ranked #70 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Great location, large suites, good value and access to the beach. The hotel was clean but a bit tired and needed some polish. Staff was helpful. If you are a light sleeper, do not book ocean view suites as the street and cafes are noisy. I would probably not stay here again.

Room Tip: Not the first floor! Too noisy. And request the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelnowNewYork
FritzHotel, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your positive feedback regarding your recent experience at the Fritz Hotel. I already contacted the restaurant management and the music volume is much lower. At the same time, I am glad that you are very satisfied with the location, service and renovated rooms. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights at this place with my wife and had a fabulous time. We were assigned studio 105 which was recently done. The room is super modern and clean and the great thing about this room is that it's on the outside part of the hotel and it feels like having your own apartment because you don't need go inside the hotel.

The best thing of hotel is "location, location, location". It's on the hard of South Beach but also in the quite part of Ocean Drive.

The staff was great and help us with all of our needs. They are always with a smile and very nice to talk to. I would definitely come back again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francisco V

Thank you for such a positive feedback of the Fritz Hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our new renovated studios and found our service accommodating. Thank you for pointing out the outstanding service you received. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future at the Fritz Hotel.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was are first time to miami, and we could not of asked for a better hotel. me and my kids stayed one night in the 2 bedroom ocean veiw room and it was amazing!! The guys at the front desk were so helpful and nice,we arrived very early in the day and they had no problem getting us in. we will definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Ocean front with balcony was well worth it!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky7777999
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just dont expect alot. They have good intentions but just lack superior hotel management quality. They gave us a handycap room and we are not handycapped so the mirror slanted down to our chest. They did give us another room because we were fortunate that there was a room left. Nice people. Because of the dumpster trucks and delivery trucks in alley we could not get a descent nights sleep or nap. The location is the best as far as being in the heart of South Beach though. Do not take too long a shower because each room only has a small water heater. My wife took a 10 minute shower and i had no hot water on the night we were going out. On Friday evening i told them the fan did not work and they did not get it fixed by monday when we left.

Room Tip: Only get a front room because of the service trucks making noise early in morning and during the day...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony T
FritzHotel, General Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please know that we will take your comments and use them as a focal point for change in all areas. Our Maintenance team will make any necessary changes to ensure an amazing guest experience. Thank you again for commenting regarding your stay and we hope to see you at the Fritz Hotel.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent location right on quiet end of South Beach strip. Rooms are update and very modern and clean. Hernando, the front desk gentleman, was a huge help with all of our needs. Would definitely stay there on our next visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for writing such a great review on Tripadvisor. At the Fritz Hotel, we take pride in ensuring our guests’ experience is seamless and are truly proud to have achieved this with you. I noticed you enjoyed our Two Bedroom Suite with its spectacular Ocean Views, comfortable living room area as well as fully equipped kitchen. I will share your review with the entire hotel staff. I hope you visit us soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This is a great location across from park and beach. This is a clean updated property, had room on fifth floor room had stove, refrig with ice maker micro and cabinets with cups wine glasses and cutlery. This is a walking spot no need for a car, bars, dinner, clubs all within walking distance. The cab ride from the airport to the front door was 32.00 without tip. Great places for breakfast right out front 4.99 eggs and other choices but 3.00 for coffee. Had a 15% off Orbitz coupon cost 596.00 for 3 nights Fri, Sat, Sun,. The taxi to the port of Miami was 25.00 and we were caught in traffic. Great staff always ready to ans questions. This place will be moving up in the ratings a sleeper at the right price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VizziOne
FritzHotel, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Fritz Hotel. Our suites are designed to reflect the comforts of home, fully equipped with kitchenettes and separate living room area. I am thrilled to read this great feed back regarding our property as well as our staff. We are looking forward to have you at the Fritz Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'll be honest it was the first time in Miami so I was reading reviews and because of the price this hotel was the best. I went with my girlfriend to supprise her. I was expecting a regular room in the Main Street. I got there a bit early and I thought I'll be waiting for my room. I got an early check in, the room was ready. And it wasn't just a room it was and appartment with living room new kitchen full fridge it was perfect more then expected. With vale parking (good luck finding a parking there) they bring you the car anytime. Nice reception they clean your room any time they gave me late checkout (when you party you wana sleep more) and the location is the best (right next to tgi Fridays and cvs). It made my trip perfect !!! When I go back it'll be the same hotel !

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Ian F
FritzHotel, Front Office Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for this most rewarding feedback regarding your recent stay at the The Fritz hotel. We are excited for the opportunity to welcome you and your girlfriend back again in the near future. Our goal is to create fond memories for our guests, and we are truly delighted to learn that you had a great stay and the whole experience was better due to our location and amenities. Thank you once again and we hope to see you in a near future.

The Fritz Team