“Bridal Suite and Honeymoon Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fritz Hotel

The Fritz Hotel
Ranked #101 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
miami, fl
“Bridal Suite and Honeymoon Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I rented their One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite for one night, and was able to check in at 8:30 am to prepare for my wedding. The 800 square foot room was beautiful decorated, had the perfect amount natural light for photos and their staff went out of their way for us. After the wedding the hotel was in the perfect location for partying in South Beach.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2010
Dear Miamituscani,
It was our pleasure to help you enjoy your wedding!
Hope to see you soon.
Camilo - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

My nephews and I just left SoBe and the Casanova Suites. The hotel was a great location if you enjoy the beach and action. Staff was cordial and helpful when requested. Unlike other reviews, I did not notice any signs of racial favoritism or partiality. Although it is a half a block from the attractive/peaceful "south of fifth" area, the location is bubbling with action. The pluses were: location, room size, full-size kitchen, on-site nightclub. Areas to improve: side entrance appears if you are entering an alley, can't enter the lobby in bathing suit or without your shirt (this is South Beach and you are 100 yards from the beach???), 2 bedroom offered an ipod docking station--but 1 bedroom did not. Overall, I would recommend and stay there again, this hotel has the potential of being within the top 5 hotels on Ocean Drive (Behind only: The Tides, Victor, Bentley, and Hilton Bentley). Finally, with some basic maintenance, fresh paint, high end electronics, on-site computer or complimentary wireless this property would be an extremely attractive boutique.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Dear awoods456,
We are glad to hear that you loved our hotel! I hope we have a chance to host you in the near future. Regarding not allowing people to be shirtless in the lobby, that is standard practice in all hotels in Miami. We will take it into consideration for the near future though.
Thanks for staying with us.
Camilo - Hotel Manager.
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

I would just like to thank everyone at Casanova Suites. I saw the other reviews and my opinion is that this is a great hotel for the price. I have stayed at different hotels but this was a good experience for me because of the service and care and concern of the staff. I would say that it was 4-5 star service at a 2-3 star price. I know the building itself is aged but I am realistic about what I am getting and for what price. This was a fabulous vacation for me and I'd like to thank everyone there for doing their best to make my stay pleasant. Thats all I could ask for.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

Nothing special about the room there was a view of another building from are window.
The place is clean. The pool on the roof was closed, dirty roped off.
The check in was weird sort of a dark area inbetween the restaurant,perhaps an old lobby.
The location is great however, you can walk across to the beach which is wonderful.
Staff was polite, but not helpful.
I would only stay there if the price was right!

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2010
Dear User,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience at our property. Even though we always aim to offer the best service at the best price, sometimes things do not go as expected. We appreciate your detailed review and we will use your comments to improve our service.

In any case, we hope in the near future you stay with us to change your mind about our hotel.

Thank you and regards.

Casanova Suites on the Beach Management
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

We stayed at the Casanova Suites for 4 days in May 2010. The location was great, it's right in the middle of all of the action on Ocean Drive. It sits above a restaurant and we were told by hotel management that we could use the restaurant's entrance but told by the restaurant that we could not. Every time we walked by the restaurant we were harassed by them asking us to eat there. The owner even asked me what was in my takeout bag from another restaurant and why I didn't eat there instead.

The elevator didn't quite work properly and we couldn't get to the lobby from our floor so we had to get off at the restaurant's level and walk down the steps to the hotel's lobby. The lobby area was small and smelled a little musty. It wasn't the kind of place that you could hang out like other hotel lobbies.

The staff was okay, they weren't super friendly but they weren't rude either. The staff didn't do a great job of cleaning the room. They replaced the towels and bed linens and emptied the trash. But there would still be dirt on the floor and in the sinks when they left. I wouldn't say that the rooms were dirty, they just weren't spotless. There were also very tiny clear colored bugs that were coming out of the sink.

They have a rooftop deck that's nice for watching the sunrise and looking out on the ocean. There is a small pool up there too. The couches on the roof didn't look that clean so we wouldn't have sat out there lounging on them.

The kitchen was great for cooking and storing restaurant leftovers, although there was a stove top and a microwave but no oven. The flat screen TVs were nice and there was an ipod dock for listening to music. The bed and the sofa bed were not super comfortable.

Overall, it was a decent place, I've seen much better as well as a lot worse but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
Dear User,

Thank you and regards.

Casanova Suites on the Beach Management
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

I must say that my second visit to this hotel was as good as the first one and I would recommend it to anyone interested in an affordable small, all suites boutique hotel in South Beach.

Last time I stayed at Casanova Suites was during the week on a summer. Not much going on in South Beach during this time of the year but it was perfect because I was looking to relax. I spent all day long in the beach, which is just feet away from the hotel, and buying at designer stores in Collins Avenue. The hotel offers the perfect location for both things since its located 2 blocks away from the heart of Ocean Drive. The suite I stayed was really big, the décor nice and the rooms were clean.

My second stay was for a bachelorette party two months ago. We took advantage of a good deal offered through their Facebook profile. We stayed at one of their 2 bedroom suites (which are basically apartments for 4 people.)

Even though the lobby is simple and the entrance a bit shady (there is a restaurant in front and they do not allow you to enter through there) I must recognize that I was fond of the familiar and friendly atmosphere of the place. The staff is really friendly, and the energy of the hotel is relaxed. There is also a nice lounge next to the front desk that is open every day, which I would recommend as a pre-game if you are planning to visit the bigger clubs nearby.

The only negative note is that they still did not have the swimming pool ready for my second visit, but the beach was just 20 feet away to compensate for the pool!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2010
Dear Valentina,
Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel. We hope to see you soon (by that time I am sure we are going to have the swimming pool open!)
Thanks again.
Camilo Matarraz - Hotel Manager
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

To begin with, my review will be sort of one sided and biased because I have stayed at a several nicer hotels on South Beach. If you are a young Black male or female, stay away from this hotel. I stayed several days with a group of friends and I did not like this hotel at all. From the start, we pulled up to the loading area in our rental car to unload and the valet attendant gave us crap while we were checking in. He gave us an ultimatum, basically stating that we could pay to have our car parked or move within 10 minutes. We were planning to check in, drop our bags off and drive around to do some shopping. Bad start. The rooms are decent because it was kind of spacious with marble floors and a two foot patio with an ok beach view. The flat screen tv's are the cheap kind you purchase at the grocery store and the sheets were not very clean. They give a limited number of bathroom towels and they were not new towels at all. One of them had a hole in it and another had a small bleach stain in a yellow towel. They give you a full refrigerator with several beverages in them that cost more than the mini bars in the Ritz Carlton. Crazy.

We were given the side eye every time we stepped foot into the hotel from a side entrance. We were not allowed to enter through the front of the hotel because it's also a restaurant. Come to find out, every Black person that walked into our room was being tallied into our bill. We were charged an extra $250 for having more than 6 people in our room. There was a camera right outside of our room that kind of violated our privacy. We were not loud, nor rowdy at all, but we did have several beautiful women join us for drinks a few nights. The front desk clerks were not helpful at all. We asked several questions that were not answered. We requested new towels, sheets, and some pain killers and they told us we would have to wait for the housekeeping crew to return the next day. Not a good stay at all. I only say it was decent because of it's location and the room was pretty clean.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Educated_Blk_Man
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2010
Dear Sir,

We regret that you had a bad experience at our hotel. We would like to start by clarifying that at Casanova Suites on the Beach we are proud to be part of Miami Beach, a city which uniqueness comes from welcoming and accepting diversity.

We would like to make clear certain issues mentioned in your review:

First, Valet parking it’s a third party company that provides service to all the hotels on the block and there are other options that may suit your service needs, like for example, Public Parking on 5th and Washington (a block away) or parking meters.

Second, we had never experienced complaints regarding the quality of our flat screen TVs.

Third, the cameras have the solely purpose of your protection and ours. They are key witnesses of any incidentals that may occur in the premises; moreover, they provide us evidence of how many people stay in a suite. By the way, we would like to mention that they are located in common areas of each floor outside the suites

Fourth, all of our rates are based on double occupancy; this is stated in the signing sheet that you, and every customer, have to sign at check-in.

Also, we would like to remind you that at our hotel there are rules and guidelines that must be followed. We state them when you check-in and also in conspicuous notes in the rooms and in the front desk. The rules are the following:

- Gathering and Reunions are allowed until 1:00am. The maximum number of people allowed in the rooms for gatherings and/or reunions, between guests and visitors, are 10 people in each One Bedroom Suite, and 15 people in each Two Bedroom Suite. At 1:00 am all visitors are kindly asked to leave the room until 8:00 am in the next morning. A visitor staying in the room after 1:00am will be considered an additional guest.

We have set these rules because we had in the past clients having up to twenty guests overstaying the marked hour, causing disruption and fostering guests complains. We are sorry to hear that in your specific case you took this personally, but our intention is always to preserve the best environment to provide a unique experience to all our guests.

To conclude, all our regulations are for the well being of our guests. We understand that this is South Beach and many people come to have fun, but clients have to comply with the guidelines stated so harmony prevails at our hotel.

Best regards.