“Hey, at least your in Miami!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fritz Hotel

The Fritz Hotel
Ranked #101 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
BROOKLYN
“Hey, at least your in Miami!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

So first off let me say that with many of the hotels on the "strip" its a gamble. Some have great qualities but lack in certain services. I stayed at Casanova Suites with friends for memorial day weekend and i must say we had a very mixed experience. For the most part it is definitely worth what we payed for it but it wasn't all the website would make you think. Some of the staff was very friendly, others... not so much. Our television didn't work well either but we were in Miami, we could have stayed in New York if we wanted to watch television. My only personal "beef" was that i am a tea drinker and of the five nights we stayed there i requested tea bags and was given the run around. I still haven't had any of the "complimentary tea". Another issue we had was that a good amount of the staff did not speak English.
AND there was definitely a roach issue.

The rooms however.. very spacious. We had a one bedroom and we had more than enough room for the four of us.
Some of the staff was VERY friendly and the restaurant was definitely one of the best out of the many on "the strip"
I felt safe, the cameras monitored the halls well and i felt like the font desk person was attentive to them.
We were not hassled with the guest policy either, a few of our friends stayed across the street and would often stop by our room in the wee ours of the night to hang out with no issue.

All in all our stay at all perfect but it wasn't bad at all, it was worth the price we paid and.. hey ... we were in Miami!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

My boyfriend and I visited Miami for the first time over the July 4th weekend. I was a little worried about the hotel after reading a few reviews on here and doing some research about hotels looking much better online than in person on South Beach. However, my fears were calmed as soon as I walked into the Casanova Suites lobby. Yes, the entrance is a little weird being between two buildings off Ocean Drive, but I kind of liked that not just anybody could wander around the hotel undetected. We arrived early from the airport but Carlo (?) called up and found our room to be ready. He explained all the paperwork clearly and made us feel welcome. Our oceanfront suite room was huge. It was more than enough room for the two of us with the large stainless steel fridge, dishwasher, flat screen tv and two couches in the living room and large bed and another flat screen in the bedroom. There were a few cons however. The curtains in the bedroom had stains on them and the couch in the living room had dirt on the cushions as well. Several lights in the room did not work either. All of this overlooked by the great location and view from the balcony. We had a perfect view of ocean drive and the beach. Several times during our stay we ate and drank on the balcony while people-watching below. The pool was still being renovated and that was a downer considering they have pictures of it on the website. While the staff was friendly and gave us information, they do not have the concierge services of a large hotel like passes to clubs and pool parties in the area. Overall we had a good experience at the hotel and because of the great location, room layout and size, and friendliness of staff we plan to go back during our next trip to Miami.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

Rooms are all suites with kitchenettes...Lots of space and very clean! Its located in the middle of South Beach across from the beach! Would stay again! Enough room for 4 people. We had 1 bd rm suite & our son stayed on pull out couch in living rm! Great price compared to other suites in area!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
miami, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I rented their One Bedroom Ocean Front Suite for one night, and was able to check in at 8:30 am to prepare for my wedding. The 800 square foot room was beautiful decorated, had the perfect amount natural light for photos and their staff went out of their way for us. After the wedding the hotel was in the perfect location for partying in South Beach.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2010
Dear Miamituscani,
It was our pleasure to help you enjoy your wedding!
Hope to see you soon.
Camilo - Hotel Manager
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

My nephews and I just left SoBe and the Casanova Suites. The hotel was a great location if you enjoy the beach and action. Staff was cordial and helpful when requested. Unlike other reviews, I did not notice any signs of racial favoritism or partiality. Although it is a half a block from the attractive/peaceful "south of fifth" area, the location is bubbling with action. The pluses were: location, room size, full-size kitchen, on-site nightclub. Areas to improve: side entrance appears if you are entering an alley, can't enter the lobby in bathing suit or without your shirt (this is South Beach and you are 100 yards from the beach???), 2 bedroom offered an ipod docking station--but 1 bedroom did not. Overall, I would recommend and stay there again, this hotel has the potential of being within the top 5 hotels on Ocean Drive (Behind only: The Tides, Victor, Bentley, and Hilton Bentley). Finally, with some basic maintenance, fresh paint, high end electronics, on-site computer or complimentary wireless this property would be an extremely attractive boutique.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Dear awoods456,
We are glad to hear that you loved our hotel! I hope we have a chance to host you in the near future. Regarding not allowing people to be shirtless in the lobby, that is standard practice in all hotels in Miami. We will take it into consideration for the near future though.
Thanks for staying with us.
Camilo - Hotel Manager.
Sellersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

I would just like to thank everyone at Casanova Suites. I saw the other reviews and my opinion is that this is a great hotel for the price. I have stayed at different hotels but this was a good experience for me because of the service and care and concern of the staff. I would say that it was 4-5 star service at a 2-3 star price. I know the building itself is aged but I am realistic about what I am getting and for what price. This was a fabulous vacation for me and I'd like to thank everyone there for doing their best to make my stay pleasant. Thats all I could ask for.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

Nothing special about the room there was a view of another building from are window.
The place is clean. The pool on the roof was closed, dirty roped off.
The check in was weird sort of a dark area inbetween the restaurant,perhaps an old lobby.
The location is great however, you can walk across to the beach which is wonderful.
Staff was polite, but not helpful.
I would only stay there if the price was right!

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2010
Dear User,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience at our property. Even though we always aim to offer the best service at the best price, sometimes things do not go as expected. We appreciate your detailed review and we will use your comments to improve our service.

In any case, we hope in the near future you stay with us to change your mind about our hotel.

Thank you and regards.