“two thumbs up!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Ontario, California
“two thumbs up!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

I stayed at Casanova in early August and had a blast! They allowed us to check in early, and help our bags for us for a couple hours after we checked out! ALL staff members were friendly and helpful. Great prices, and Great location! I will definitely recommend to others and I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2010
Thank you for the thorough review! We are really happy to hear that you had a great time at our hotel and you plan to come back (eventually!) We always thrive to give our customers the best experience possible and we are happy to get feedback on how we performed (even if sometimes was to point out things we did wrong.)

Camilo – Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

I stayed at Casanova Suites hotel from Agust 21st to 26th. I was surprised for the great price value and quality of the spacious suites. I was treated very well as I was frequent guest, who comes here for enjoying its summer residence in Miami Beach.
The staff is very professional , highlighting the good attitude of housekeeping and the attentions of Mr Carlos at the reception.
Thank you all and I recomended this hotel to all those people looking for a place to stay in world famous South Beach
sincerely,
Osmel hernandez

Stayed August 2010, travelled solo

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2010

Due to the mixed reviews, I was open minded when I booked this hotel, and will try to be objective with my review.
I booked my reservation online and received two separate confirmations, the latter one at a higher rate than I booked. A call to the hotel corrected this. Upon arrival, I struggled to find the entrance to the lobby. As others mentioned, it was in the middle of an alley, no more than about 4' wide. The tiny sign could hardly be seen from the street.

The tiny lobby appeared dirty and dusty, and smelled musty. By this time, I was already regretting my decision to book. Check-in was quick, no real welcome there. The elevator was scary- loud, heavy sounding. The hallway to the room was in need of care. The trash can by the elevator was dirty, and the dust bunnies in the corners begged for attention.
I was pleased with the lock on my room door, it felt sturdy.
Once inside the room, I decided it wasn't so bad. A one bedroom suite, it was very roomy, and the air conditioner worked well. The kitchen was just like the pictures, only the trash can had not been emptied. The living room was spartan, with a huge stain in the curtains. The stand that held the tv channels had a sticky substance that sent me running to the bathroom, where I found a toilet that had not been properly flushed. I looked around for the amenities that were pictured on the website, all I found were 2 bars of soap, with 2 wash cloths folded into a box that had long hairs sitting in the bottom. I received amenities the next day.
The bathroom door had obviously been repaired, but was not repainted. Walls had several scuff marks, and there was one area that was patched with plaster and left unpainted. There was no soap holder in the tub, and the window ledge had accumulated dirt and scum in the tracks of the window.

The bedroom was also spacious, but I had a problem getting the lights on until I discovered both nightstand lamps were unplugged. The bed and bathroom linen were of decent quality. The bed was comfortable and clean, but has not seen a broom or mop behind it in a long time.
Checking out and moving to another hotel was not an option for me at this point, so I made the best of the situation, headed over to Walgreen's and got myself a tub of Lysol wipes. I did complain to the front desk about the toilet and trash, as well as my remote that stopped working the next morning. He promised someone would be up to take care of the remote, though no one ever did.
The bad? All the above. The website gave me the impression this place was nicer than it is....the lobby pic makes it look small and sort of modern art deco. Completely wrong.
The good? The location, just across the street from the beach.

This hotel could be fantastic once it gets it’s housekeeping in order. All it needs is some elbow grease, a mop, bucket, and paint.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

After reading all of the reviews prior to my trip I knew I would be submitting one upon my return home. Here is my review----Upon arriving at the hotel, we could not locate the entrance since it is in the back through a small opening. Once inside the lobby it looks a little dirty but I am going to say it was due to the beach across the street and customers coming in and out so the water from the beach in the dirt on the floor made for a muddy look. Once inside the rooms they look nice (similar to the picture) the one bedroom should accommodate 4 – 5 adults and it does as long as you like sleeping close to one another or are willing to pay extra for a roller bed. It would have to be 3 people in a bed and two on a very small sofa sleeper. My main issue was upon checkout. Although I booked online for 4 adults and received a receipt as confirmation and my balance after paying for one night I was told my balance would be $113 MORE due to the 3rd and 4th guest (keep in mind they were included on the emailed confirmation.) When I show the hotel clerk the amount on the receipt and the number of people I included they said it must have been a problem with their Internet. Since I did not want to make a scene in the lobby I paid the extra amount and will take that up with the bank, I had to include that it was paid under protest for my record on their receipt. I could not believe it, I feel like I was robbed. The clerk did apologize but having to come up with more than $100 unexpected is a big chunk especially since it was not my fault, they should get the money from the company that monitor their website since it was their fault, after all I could have stay someplace that was just as nice for less. I would not recommend this hotel unless they correct the problem, then I would be more than happy to let everyone know the outcome.

• Stayed August 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2010
Dear User,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience at our property. Even though we always aim to offer the best service at the best price, sometimes things do not go as expected. We appreciate your detailed review and we will use your comments to improve our service.

In any case, we hope in the near future you stay with us to change your mind about our hotel.

Thank you and regards.

Casanova Suites on the Beach Management
Antioch, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

I stayed in room 304 my wife and I had RESTAURANTS ROACHES in room 304 . My wife saw one in the kitchen I had one in my shoe the next morning and travel bag. I complain to the desk clerk and brought the DEAD ROACHES I KILLED in a napkin to show desk clerk. Left my phone number have not heard from Managers Carlos or Camilo yet. DO NOT RECOMMEND. Plus when we got home my daughter had two little one in her suit case. NOT GOOD , I,m very MADD ROACHES in suppose to be upscale Miami location.I know Miami has street Roaches the roaches I killed was indoor Restaurant/Kitchen type ROACHES I know there is a restaurant in the same building I would not doubt thats where the ROACHES are coming from. Elevator was VERY RAGGITTY UNSAFE doors ready to fall off.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank calihoops1
Dear User,

Thank you and regards.

Casanova Suites on the Beach Management
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2010

i stayed in the casanova in south beach and it was a great experience the ocean view the location the rooms are unbelievable nice and clean i though i couldnt find a good hotel in south beach till i find the casanova its the best definitely stay there again

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

If I was to ever return to Miami for any reason, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

What other hotel would be able to accommodate 8 different girls, each with different needs and a whole bunch of STUFF for an entire week? And what other hotel do you know of has such a friendly, accommodating and caring staff that is concerned and would stay up to make sure that all 8 of us return home safely at the end of the night (or in this case, early morning)?

The rooms itself were CLEAN. Housekeeping staff was also friendly and very accommodating. They were okay with our ever changing schedule and if we were in need of more towels, they never hesitate to bring us more than enough. The living room is HUGE with a big open window to let the sun in. Flat screen TVs in the living room and both bedrooms (we had a two bedroom suite). Each bedroom had a bathroom right next to it, so there was plenty of space for us to get ready for our days and nights. Each bedroom had a queen sized bed and the living room had a pull out sofa bed. Probably not the most comfortable, but it worked. We fit 2 or 3 on each bed, but when we wanted to get more cuddly, 5 of us would fit on one of the beds at one time. Full sized kitchen saved our lives that week. We cooked and ate there, which saved us a few bucks on meals for the trip.

This hotel is right on the boardwalk and you literally just cross a small one lane street to get to the beach. They provide beach towels for you upon request as you leave the hotel for the beach... just return it once you get back. :)

There's a night club/bar at the hotel so whenever we came back at the end of the night, we made a last stop at the Club Casanova where the staff is super friendly. If some of your party is ready to go to bed, no worries, there is an elevator from the club that brings you straight to your room! (You'll have to have access to this, of course)

This is not one of those bigger hotels with room service or restaurants in the hotel, but I must say, that I like this little boutique hotel a lot more. No strange people to worry about and as I mentioned earlier, the staff is super friendly and genuinely are concerned about your well being.

Key Points?

-HUGE rooms
-GREAT staff
-CLEAN facility
-GORGEOUS view
-AFFORDABLE price (big bang for your buck... I promise)

TIP: I know that on the website it says 6 people maximum or something like that, but if you call them and inquire about the extra person fee per night, its totally worth it.

As I said, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

Thank you, Casanova Suites! Shout out to Fernando, Eric, Carlos, Manuel... they are the best staff we've ever encountered! (You know who... the 8 crazy Asian girls from Seattle and L.A.)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CasanovaSuites, Manager at The Fritz Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2010