“Very good hotel,” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Paris, France
“Very good hotel,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Excellent hotel, very superior to 4* . Rooms are huge and very clean. Sea view is wonderful. Fitness room is excellent and sunny. Pools are great and the restaurant (breakfast, lunch, dinner) is excellent. Direct access to the beach.
Lobby staff is not at the level of this hotel, luggages staff out, check-in staff not at the top
You must have car because downtown is far from this hotel, about 15min by car

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I just returned from my Miami stay at the GBH. I wasnt exactly dissatisfied with my stay just dissappointed. I think my main dissappointment had to due with the fact that we booked a spa appt at the Fontaine Blue hotel down the road. Booking a spa appt allowed us a hotel pass for the day which included use of the pool plus other amenities. Comparing the two side by side, I saw so many things lacking at the Grand Beach. For one, no free chairs on beach (FB has no charge) The pool at GB also has no wait staff walking around catering to your needs. I am simply not used to this. While I am on vacaiton I expect to not lift a finger, call it lazy, call it what you want, but I like to be pampered. No 24 hour room service. The espresso/snack bar closes at 6pm?? What is that about? The hotel lacks so many choices in eating, you would think the one snack area would be open at least until 10pm. The concierge knowledge was lacking. In a great city like Miami, he was not able to provide us with any decent choices for dinner on a Friday night besides other hotel restaurants.

Our room was fine but aging quickly. While the idea of an all white color scheme is nice, every spec of dirt shows. Other than that, our room was adequate. Great comfy beds. Clean bathrooms. Great views of both the bay and ocean.

I guess I would have had a better opinion of this hotel had I not visited the great FB hotel down the street. Next time I will def stay at the FB with more amenities,more dining choices, awesome spa on site, plus shopping on site and much much larger pool areas which have a better atmosphere.

As for the value for the money I paid (we had a penthouse bayview) I would say we got what we paid for.

***Side note***Besides the concierge, I found the entire staff to be pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: the bayview rooms are just as nice as the full ocean views. Remember at night the ocean is complete...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

The hotel’s slogan is affordable luxury and they assuredly match the promise. The staff starting with valets, bell hops and front desk were uniformly kind, helpful, and joyful, the all-white décor of the rooms is beautiful, and the ocean views are perfect. We had a family two bedroom suite and we were all happy. My wife and I shared an extra soft king, the kids 2 queens. Each room as well as the family room had a TV. The wifi was good everywhere except close to the balcony.

The hotel is right on the beach – and here is the only complaint I have – the hotel could more careful cleaning the beach. Sadly some people left garbage like empty bottles and cigarette butts on the beach and the hotel did not scour those away. But the ocean was clean, the water warm and the sun dazzling.

Also I should add that the breakfast buffet is modest but good and with excellent service.

We unreservedly recommend this hotel to families and couples.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Keith S
Taylor, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was a nice hotel. The valet guys were extremely HOT!!! The staff was nice. The rooms were a little to white for me. I didn't feel comfortable because I was scared to get something on all the white carpet, funiture and bedding. Overall my visit was great. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Taylormade1975
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

I respect the negative feedback of the others because of their bad experience on this hotel but I'm so lucky that everything I experienced on this hotel is all good. Great customer service from valet, front desk, housekeeping, pool/beach staff, retail, bar and so on. Our room is very white and clean, I commend the housekeeping dept for this, so I left them a good tip for a great job well done during our stay. For me, the location is perfect because it's right at the beach when go out at the back of the hotel. If you stay at the main south beach area, it's more expensive, smaller room for the price, noisy and you have to cross the street to get to the beach area. It's advisable to rent a car, so you can easily get around town to see what else the Miami beach have to offer. You have to drive around to see great restaurants and they have at least 5 beautiful shopping malls. I hope the Grand Beach Hotel staff will remain friendly and helpful because we are planning to stay here again next time. I work in a 5 star/5 diamond hotel in Las Vegas and we kept this rating because we've been trained to do all our best to make our guest feel welcome and feel they are very important to us. We dont leave the guest till we feel they are completely satisfied. I salute the Hotel Management for keeping a great hotel and staff overall.

Room Tip: Ocean view room is all worth the money. Ice machines are on even# floors.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel was very nice. The color, the floors, the rooms-everything was beautiful. It is on the beach so you have access to the beach. I checked reviews before making my decision and from the complaints I read about this hotel only 1 was true for my experience. It was quiet and away from all the noise and traffic that you see on Ocean drive. The location is great. It sits in between everything so you have something to see or do on both ends of the street. The service was great and the hotel staff is very nice and helpful.
Cons: Onsite restaurant is overpriced and the food is not pleasing. There is no self parking. You must valet and it is an extra charge just like eating breakfast or dinner at the hotel restaurant. You must be aware of this if you purchase a package deal as it is not included in your package. Other than that I would recommend this hotel. I enjoyed my stay while celebrating my birthday in Miami.

Room Tip: Hotel restaurant and parking is additional, pricey and can only be placed on your credit card not pa...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
atlanta georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

This was the worst vacation getaway. For a 4 day trip, i felt like it was never ending. I could not wait to leave this place. My friends and I dealt with a barking dog for 2 days straight and after complaining we were told "this is a pet friendly establishment". We got no sleep for 2 days. And when we asked to move, we were told there were no available rooms. Our toilet overflowed, resulting in all our belongings getting wet (toilet water, really) and management treated us like crap. We were told that $50 would be provided for our inconvenience, which would have only paid for 1 beach chair. We paid for a ocean front room and ended up in a room overlooking a hotel. This place isn't worth the money. Definitely put a bad taste in my mouth for Miami.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
#21 of 206 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,560 reviews
City Center
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!