“Worthy”

Ranked #57 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Curitiba, PR
“Worthy”
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel has a nice staff, all the employees are really nice, even those from the vallet. The room is awesome! Clean, new, all white stuff, with lots of mirror at the doors and tables, a huge window, and the canal view is amazing, not only daily, but also by night, with the city lights! The pool is really nice and tropical, but nothing compares with the sea view. And it's in a good part of Miami Beach, not in that south and terrible and noisy and with places just for take tourists money, with lots of expensive restaurahtes with bad tasty food. Grand Beach is well located, in a really clean, organized, beautiful and rich part of Miami Beach. Enjoy your stay! I'm loving it!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank isadoramadalosso

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The hotel is beautiful and the food is great. The location is fantastic and staff is helpful. However, I did have one slight problem that seemed they could have easily solved. I missed my flight on Friday and was forced to push my trip down one day since no flights were available. They charged me almost $300 for a no show even though I called immediatly when I missed my flight at 5 AM. Even though I added another day to my trip making my grand total $900 for two days since they charged for the day I was not there. I immediatly rebooked my room for the additional day at that time as well. Now get this when I showed up two hours before check in time at 4 pm they would not let me in my room that I had already paid for the previous day for $300. About one hour later they put me in another room not the one I booked. It had two double beds not the king size bed I had booked. Then they told me I would have to check out at 12:00 the next day and I could not check back in until 4:00 that afternoon since I added the additional day after missing my flight. This seemed extremely rude and inconvenient. However it seemed completely normal to them and they were happy to ask me to do this. The hotel was NOT completely booked up! I think they could have come up with a better solution for this for $900. My husband and I never were rude or complained about anything. We never do. However we know where we will not be staying again. We don't mind paying for top notch service and believe this was completely ridiculous at best. Oh and they tried to charge me an additional $600 instead of just $300 for the additional day. After much patience and questioning they finally realized the error. "He said he had the wrong dates in" or I would have been charged $1200 for two days!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Four of stayed at the Grand Beach in April 2012. We had 2 rooms. The rooms were very large, 2 bathrooms, a very comfortable bed and all tha amanities you could want. The hotel itself was fantastic from the moment you walk in. We ate in the restaurant (a little expensive) but great food.
The pool bar was a good spot as the weather was very wet and windy. The barman (a Cuban guy) was good value. Always wanting to chat and tell you about Miami. When you travel from Australia it is great to get this info. It was a shame the weather was not good as this property is right on the beach and even though we walked the beach it wasn't swimming weather. In all a fantastic end to our time in Miami.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the beach give you great views north and south.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Excellent hotel, very superior to 4* . Rooms are huge and very clean. Sea view is wonderful. Fitness room is excellent and sunny. Pools are great and the restaurant (breakfast, lunch, dinner) is excellent. Direct access to the beach.
Lobby staff is not at the level of this hotel, luggages staff out, check-in staff not at the top
You must have car because downtown is far from this hotel, about 15min by car

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Houston
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I just returned from my Miami stay at the GBH. I wasnt exactly dissatisfied with my stay just dissappointed. I think my main dissappointment had to due with the fact that we booked a spa appt at the Fontaine Blue hotel down the road. Booking a spa appt allowed us a hotel pass for the day which included use of the pool plus other amenities. Comparing the two side by side, I saw so many things lacking at the Grand Beach. For one, no free chairs on beach (FB has no charge) The pool at GB also has no wait staff walking around catering to your needs. I am simply not used to this. While I am on vacaiton I expect to not lift a finger, call it lazy, call it what you want, but I like to be pampered. No 24 hour room service. The espresso/snack bar closes at 6pm?? What is that about? The hotel lacks so many choices in eating, you would think the one snack area would be open at least until 10pm. The concierge knowledge was lacking. In a great city like Miami, he was not able to provide us with any decent choices for dinner on a Friday night besides other hotel restaurants.

Our room was fine but aging quickly. While the idea of an all white color scheme is nice, every spec of dirt shows. Other than that, our room was adequate. Great comfy beds. Clean bathrooms. Great views of both the bay and ocean.

I guess I would have had a better opinion of this hotel had I not visited the great FB hotel down the street. Next time I will def stay at the FB with more amenities,more dining choices, awesome spa on site, plus shopping on site and much much larger pool areas which have a better atmosphere.

As for the value for the money I paid (we had a penthouse bayview) I would say we got what we paid for.

***Side note***Besides the concierge, I found the entire staff to be pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: the bayview rooms are just as nice as the full ocean views. Remember at night the ocean is complete...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The hotel’s slogan is affordable luxury and they assuredly match the promise. The staff starting with valets, bell hops and front desk were uniformly kind, helpful, and joyful, the all-white décor of the rooms is beautiful, and the ocean views are perfect. We had a family two bedroom suite and we were all happy. My wife and I shared an extra soft king, the kids 2 queens. Each room as well as the family room had a TV. The wifi was good everywhere except close to the balcony.

The hotel is right on the beach – and here is the only complaint I have – the hotel could more careful cleaning the beach. Sadly some people left garbage like empty bottles and cigarette butts on the beach and the hotel did not scour those away. But the ocean was clean, the water warm and the sun dazzling.

Also I should add that the breakfast buffet is modest but good and with excellent service.

We unreservedly recommend this hotel to families and couples.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Keith S
Taylor, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was a nice hotel. The valet guys were extremely HOT!!! The staff was nice. The rooms were a little to white for me. I didn't feel comfortable because I was scared to get something on all the white carpet, funiture and bedding. Overall my visit was great. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
#23 of 207 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,707 reviews
City Center
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!