6,239 results
All reviews chez gaston tranquility pool affordable luxury espresso bar adult pool ocean front suite bay view pool area valet parking sofa bed beautiful hotel king suite per night eden roc flat screen hotel restaurant valet service
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This hotel has a huge amount of recently written reviews, so I try to concentrate on those issues that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

The gym is very well equipped, in addition to the machines there are also free weights available. Many cardio machines. On 4 days a week there were 2 gym classes during the morning. These were very good and free for the guests. I don't know if they take place during the whole year (we visited the hotel in July). Towels and water available in the gym. If you want to jog outside, the broadwalk begins at 46th street, which is about 500m from the hotel. A lot of joggers in the mornings!

As previous writers have mentioned, you need a taxi or a bus many times during your stay. Bus service is excellent, line S runs every 20 minutes (we waited max 15min) and costs 2$ (you need to have exact sum) and the bus stop is right in front of the hotel. We drove to Aventura Mall, it took 45min. Bal Harbour Shops also along the line. We also drove to downtown Miami, to Bayside Marketplace, this took also 45min. So I really encourage to use the bus! S line also drives though Lincoln Road. We once walked there, it took 50min brisk walking.

House keeping is really efficient. Fresh towels available by the pools. No bottled water available but there were nice water tanks containing melon, pineapple, strawberries, etc that you could use and fill your water bottle. Drinking water stations available at least in the gym and 7th floor lobby. I don't know if every floor had an ice station, but our floor (16th) at least had one.

7th floor adults pool very nice. There were always sun beds available. Once I saw a teenager being asked to leave the pool.

Express checkout very efficient: if you are happy with the bill they provide you with, just leave the keys to the box. Breakfast cost 22€. I saw people queueing to the breakfast at 10 o´clock during the weekend (breakfast is until 11 o´clock). We went earlier and then it was ok.

We stayed in one bedroom suite. Some people have complained about the sofa bed, but our girls found it ok. The mattress is a bit thin, but they didn't find it problematic. The room had a fridge and a coffee machine. House keeping kept filling the coffee, which was nice. I was also able to make tea by taking the filter off and putting the mug in the coffee machine. The room was very quiet and I heard no noise during night time.

So, we really really liked the hotel and our stay. The big but is eating, especially when you have children/teenagers. We ate lunch three times at Chez Gaston. First time the food was cold and taste was quite bad, second time was very good, third time it took a very long time and they had run out of pasta bolognese and the waiter only told us this when we ordered. Strange. Part of the problem is, that lunch closed at 3PM and dinner begins at 6PM. Where are we supposed to eat if we get hungry between 3 and 6? We decided to stock our fridge with food: there is a supermarket on 41st street (25min walk).

If you want a full service hotel where you can have something to eat whenever you want, don't choose this hotel. If you are willing to plan your day so that you eat when the restaurant is open and/or are ready to have snacks in your rooms, this hotel is an excellent choice.

2  Thank Eija R
John M, Manager at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Thank you for having stayed with us at the Grand Beach Hotel on Miami Beach! Your kind comments are appreciated and thank you for giving us an excellent review. You had mentioned that the restaurant was closed from 3 to 6 pm; in actuality we are indeed open in Chez Gaston and serving a lighter fare menu during that time frame. The information on the TV in the rooms implies that we are closed during these hours. This has since been changed and I appreciate this being brought to my attention. Once again, thank you so much for joining us and for the great review! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We are a family of four and we reserved a two beds suite. We got a king bed and a sleeper sofa. It was impossible for my two kids to sleep on the sleeper sofa. The reception was unable to handle our request.

4  Thank Jean030
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This Hotel was fantastic. Clean, Clean, Clean. Huge and Spacious Rooms with a great view of the ocean and the Bay. Housekeeping was very thorough and consistent. The staff was nice, friendly, and at times very humorous. I didn't care for the $29 a night valet only service, but with the hotels location I do understand it. Its worth it though because it never took more than 5 minutes to get our car. Grand Beach Hotel needs another restaurant that offers medium child-friendly food open through the night. Chez Gaston was good, but very pricey and not child friendly ($18 for a gourmet burger - "my kids wouldnt eat that"). We found ourselves going down to South Beach and North Beach to get our comfort food. I would say they also need a shuttle service to South Beach as parking is just brutal down there. Room service boggled our order one evening about 3:00AM and I reported it, the Hospitality manager was at our door personally that evening with a personalized card, a tray of deserts, and a warm apology. That made my wife extremely happy. Overall, we had a great experience. We stayed a week and I will not complain one bit about any facet of the hotel. We received our money's worth plus... I am happy we chose the Grand Beach Hotel, and on our last evening we were already planning what we would do on our next stay there. Thanks Grand Beach, I'm raving about you guys to all my friends. Honestly, I am... I'm a blogger, so you will get many great reviews from me.

Room Tip: Dont be fooled by the "Partial Ocean View" wording - it is a huge suit, and they view is fantastic. Our room showed the ocean view and a Biscayne Bay view. The balcony rooms are the best. Oh, and the AC really works, you will freeze yourself if you turn it up; the ocean breeze is to die for.
2  Thank Gabe H
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, GORGEOUS and spacious room! The hotel is well located in mid-beach, $7 cab right to South Beach. I traveled with myself and 2 gf's and the room was large enough for the 3 of us with a separate bedroom and 2 bathrooms. There are 2 main pool areas, one on the main floor (with beach access) and one on the 7th floor. The 7th floor is for adults only and he main is very family friendly with lots of kids playing. The restaurant was great, excellent food and service. Would highly recommend this hotel to people traveling with their family and who want to be a short distance from the craziness in South Beach!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank LuxeTourista
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Great hotel. We visited the hotel last year as well and were very happy with it, which was why we came back. It has a great inside decore, even though it shifted the last year. The lobby, pool area, the beach and the rooms are great. After a few nights eating at the hotel, we got tired of the rather bad kitchen, and ventured to the city / neighbour hotels for every meal. Too bad the grilled burger is overcooked in the land of the hamburger. Please get the kitchen to serve well tasting food. Often the room service was late with the food and it got cold. The Internet connection is slow and you're kicked off often. But all in all I'd like to come back, but would like to see the hotel keeping up the good looking decore. Thanks.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family