“Wonderful View”

Ranked #57 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Cairo, Egypt
“Wonderful View”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed with my friends in a suite for 5 persons , spacious suite , very big with wonderful Sea view the hotel staff was nice and friendly , the suit was very clean and with space for 5 or even more persons
I liked the place , it is value for Money

Room Tip: The Suites are wonderful
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Boto81
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Boto81, thank you for writing a review of the Grand Beach Hotel. We are glad you gave our property a chance and that we managed to meet and even exceed your expectations. It is a pleasure to learn that we could make your time with us relaxing and joyful. We are delighted that you found your suite as spacious, the bedding as comfortable, and the room as overall suitable for the number of people within your party. It is nice we managed to live up to our slogan- affordable luxury, by extending a good value for money during your stay. Now that you have experienced and enjoyed what Grand Beach Hotel has to offer, we would like to welcome you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The room has a leaving room with toilet, sofa and TV. It is fantastic to leave the luggages and shopping bags.
The bathroom is very clean with 2 sinks.
Very well located in front of the beach with a beautiful pool.
If you rent a car, there is a parking lot and valet.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear FRFukuda, we would like to take the time and thank you for choosing the Grand Beach Hotel. We could not be happier to read of the five-star experience you had on property with us. It is a pleasure to learn that our spacious room accommodations, equipped with living room area and two full bathrooms proved to be well-appointed and comfortable for you in the duration of your stay with us. Thank you for commenting so positively of our direct beach access, pool areas, and overall location. We appreciate your review and feedback. We would like to welcome you to join us again soon.
Corona
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Too many things to list.

Let me start with the valet staff. We arrived and no one even bothered to say hello. Then no one offered to help with my bags. I had to unload my car while valet personnel ignored me. Every time I went to get my car no one ever said hi or hello.

There were other times the staff was rude and didn't seem to care. I was shocked how they acted. I won't go into every occurrence, but let's just say I will never stay here again. I just wanted to point out the valet because I had the most contact with them.

The only people who were not rude were the guys on the beach handing out towels. That's sad when the towel guys are the nicest when I'm paying good money. The front desk people were okay also.

I went down and complained about the maid and the manger seemed to act like bothering him. From that point on I didn't want to talk to management because I could tell it wasn't going to help.

I will also give my travel agent an ear full for putting me in a place where the staff could care less about me and my family.

Spend your money somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank aijohn784
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear aijohn784, we appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns with your recent stay onsite. We would like to apologize for the experience you had while our guest. At the Grand Beach Hotel we are committed to offer a friendly, welcoming, and attentive guest service and we find it distressing to read of the unsatisfactory experience you had with staff throughout the hotel. The service you have described in your review seems well off of our normal levels of engagement and professionalism and we will be sure to touch base with our team on your comments and act upon them without delay to prevent this from happening again in the future. Please accept our apologies. We very much hope that we could persuade you to consider trying us once more.
Drammen, Norway
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We booked at suite with 2 bedrooms. Everything at the hotel Works Perfect. The rooms are clean and big, the pool area is Nice and the same with the Beach.

To hire a sunbed at the Beach costs 10 USD a day. A little to much in my opinion when we are 5 peolple. At the pool you have to stay up early to get a bed.

The first night we had dinner at the hotel resturant. This was not any good. The breakfast is also poor comparing to what you get in Europe, but that is my impression on hotels in USA generally.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Moe3440, thank you for choosing us as your accommodation on your recent trip to Miami Beach. We are glad to see that you have spent an overall joyful and satisfactory stay on property with us. Thank you for commenting so positively of our room accommodations. We are happy you felt they were well-appointed and that they delivered everything you expected. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with our restaurant food offerings. We hope you have tried our Espresso Bar and Pool Grill, as they provide a different selection of breakfast and lunch items. We could also suggest you take advantage of our concierge desk service, as they can suggest dining alternatives. We appreciate your feedback and review. Please do join us again at the Grand Beach Hotel. We will be thrilled to greet you back.
Canberra
Reviewed 3 July 2014

For those that have never been to Miami before, this hotel is not in a great location. It is quite far from South Beach (unfortunately we didn't realise just how far until we arrived). My own fault, but I was under the impression it was quite close to South Beach area, but it is NOT walking distance. Great beach, lovely pool and nice staff. Great concierge. Rooms are lovely and the view is wonderful. Room service is very expensive. Beware, this hotel and most Miami establishments will automatically add the tip to the cheque before giving it to you, so keep this in mind! If you're looking for somewhere nice to breakfast near by, Cecconi's at the Soho Beach House is just gorgeous and does the most amazing breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear frequentdomestictrav, we truly enjoyed having you stay with us during your time in Miami. We are delighted to read of your satisfaction with our direct beach access and beach and pool areas. We are glad to hear of the nice interactions you have had with staff members throughout the hotel. It is also pleasing to know our spacious room accommodations delivered the comfort and great views you desired. It is to our regret to learn that you were disappointed by our location. While we are not located walking distance away from South Beach, this area is easily accessible via car, taxi, or even public buses. As you have mentioned there are some dining options available within walking distance from our property. It is our hope that our location would not prevent you for choosing us again in the future. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back.
Brazil
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Location is good, but not great, you will need a car to go out for dinner and shopping. But you will have the beach just outside the pool area, which is always nice! Hotel facilities are really nice! Bed is very comfortable, room is nicely decorated, pool area is great (although too full in weekends). Food at the restaurant was also good. Most of the staff was nice a part from the comments below.

We had to pay extra for EVERYTHING! For the price we paid, I expected to have at least chairs at the beach. We had to pay 30USD for 2 chairs, plus 7USD for a bottle of water.

The staff at the beach was really rude and unhelpful. I do not understand why a hotel such as this can have that kind of staff. We had problems with them all days we went to the beach and also we heard from other guests the same complains. The first day they did not want to give as the beach chairs even though we had the ticket. Eventually they did with a bad attitude. The second day I was in the chair and they started yelling at me to come to the booth to sign the debit. Overall they were really impolite and rude towards my friends and I.

The concierge was also extremely rude. I could not believe how he could be so impolite with a guest. I asked him about a package I sent to the hotel and he replied to me: “-The package has been here for 10 days. That is too long and you must plan better your deliveries.”. He also had an attitude delivering it to me and did not even bother to look for some guides and pamphlets we asked for.

On the check out we also had to wait for almost 1 hour for someone to get our bags at the room. And when we had to put the bags in the car, no one even bothered to help – 2 girls with 4 heavy suitcases! Very unconsidered!

Regarding the valet, on top of being really slow, one day my car smelled as if someone was smoking in it. I was really annoyed.

The hotel is really nice, but these BAD staff attitude really ruined my opinion of the hotel. For the price I paid, I expected a more professional attitude.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marcelinhakpy
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Marcelinhakpy, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience on property with the TripAdvisor community. Let us start off by offering our apologies for the disappointment you experienced in your encounters with some of the staff members during your visit. Service is a top priority for us and we would like to apologize if the service provided to you during your stay was anything less than that. We train and supervise all our staff members to be genuinely committed to ensuring an outstanding guest experience and we always make sure that comments such as the ones you have extended in your review do not go by unnoticed. In this sense, we can assure you that all departments concerned will be notified and advised to focus on your comments in upcoming staff meetings, so we may ensure such shortcomings do not pertain into the future. We do hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to make your opinion of our hotel more favorable, especially since you have enjoyed our beachfront location and overall hotel facilities.
Largo, Maryland, Usa
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Myself along with 4 other females stayed here for a girls getaway weekend in mid May 2014. We all were pleasantly surprised! We had the King Ocean View Suite and it did not disappoint. It came with 2 bathrooms and 2 LCD TVs, the room was great! The property itself is on the beach and overall convenient, from the 2 swimming pools (1 is for adults) to the on-site restaurant. This hotel was well worth the money we spent. We all said we would come back and stay again!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Gredta H, we are glad you decided to give the Grand Beach Hotel a chance and that we did not disappoint you. It is great to know that you enjoyed all the amenities onsite- from your King Ocean View Suite through the adults only 7th floor pool to the onsite restaurant- Chez Gaston. We could not be happier when reading of your five-star experience onsite and your intent to visit us again in the future. We cannot wait for your return stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Beach
#23 of 207 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,706 reviews
City Center
Royal Palm South Beach Miami, A Tribute Portfolio Resort

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!