The hotel was clean and nicely decorated although their attempt at being 'chic and modern' came off as cheap and lackluster. The open shower in the bathroom looked more like a gym locker room and we had to use all of the towels provided in our room to clean the puddles of water that flooded the bathroom after each use. The unfinished ceilings appeared as unfinished blocks of cement with random orange spray paint in sections.
The doors have a privacy setting preventing cleaning service from entering the room if you set the lock at private. We were not told about this setting and by accidentally pressing the privacy button when leaving for dinner we ended up locked out of our room for close to an hour. Even though we are told this is a common occurrence, the front desk continued to issue us new keys about 5 times... none of which worked. Finally after waiting in the hallway for what felt like forever a security guard was able to let us in with his master key. Make sure you know about the privacy lock before you leave the room! It does not automatically disengage when you open the door to go of your room.
Unfortunately due to our short stay we were unable to take advantage of the beach and rooftop pool amenities, which I hear are both very nice perks of the hotel. I will say that the beds were very comfortable and it is worth the splurge on a balcony room as the views of the city are very nice. Breakfast is included from 8-11 which is also a nice perk and not common at most hotels these days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blending classic sophistication and contemporary chic, the Riviera South Beach hotel offers stylish Classic Rooms, Modern Balcony Rooms, as well as One-Bedroom apartment-like accommodations with gourmet kitchens, separate living and dining areas at affordable hotel room prices. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riviera Hotel Miami Beach
- Riviera Hotel & Suites South Beach Miami Beach, Florida