“chic + California vibe + amazing pool + beach front = good times”

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Ranked #42 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“chic + California vibe + amazing pool + beach front = good times”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I have to say I would give this hotel 5 stars had I stayed at one of their larger rooms but I didn't want to spend more on the room. That being said at 200 sq feet the room and bathroom felt very tight for two adults. If you can splurge try to get a studio or larger room. That aside, this property is divine. Not only do they have a fantastic pool but the beach is steps away from your room. The staff was attentive and professional (I always get that from Kimpton). The property was clean, well decorated in a chic/California vibe. Very Santa Monica. I loved the casualness of the place but it still retained it's elegance and cool. It didn't feel snooty like some of the hotels around it.....like the SLS.
The location is also a major plus. You are about 5 blocks away from Lincoln Road Mall and all the action. What more can I say....we didn't have great weather so I didn't get to enjoy the pool but it was lovely. This is where I would return the next time I'm in Miami Beach and it'll be in a larger room. Shout out to the excellent staff. I LOVE THE KIMPTON CHAIN!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean F, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Tanquerochicago,

Thank you for posting your review about your stay with us. Happy to hear you are a Kimpton fan!

Sean Flanigan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It is always nice to be properly welcomed and booked in promptly after long flights. The staff are fabulous as are the facilities of this beautiful Art Deco hotel. The rooms are a little small, but very comfortable and liveable. Concierge and front desk staff are fabulous. The valet staff are helpful and courteous. We'll worth a stay to visit this lovely city

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Flashmen,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am glad to hear you had an excellent time with us. Please come and visit again soon.

Cheers,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel was nice and modern but the rooms were slightly small. We had to be moved from our first room as the air conditioning units outside were so loud. The second room was fine though.The pool is lovely and the hotel is right on the beach and not far from the bars and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ecam24
Sean F, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
ecam24,

Thank you for your recent trip advisor post. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy New Year!

Best,
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have chosen this hotel based on the reviews on the trip advisor and we were not disappointed at all, our room was not very big but was located on the 3rd floor on the side of the hotel and it was not noisy at all. Hotel has a lovely swimming pool and location is superb, right on the south beach and very close walking distance to the Art Deco district. We only stayed for couple of nights but I would stay there again if I return to Miami.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Natcrobabe,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from your stay. We hope your plans will bring you back to Miami soon!

Best,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I had a great stay at the Surfcomber! Perfect location, stylish without being pretentious, small-ish so it never felt crowded, free happy hour wine every night and the world's friendliest staff. Chris, Clayton and Dorgis were among the many gorgeous staff members who went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
getbaked,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I will be sure to give Clayton, Chris and Dorgis a high 5 for making your stay one to remember! (And the rest of the gorgeous staff) Thanks again!

Sean FlaniganGeneral Manager
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Myself and two friends stayed here for a week break. This is an excellent hotel. While the room was a bit on the small side, the rest of the hotel made up for it. The pool area is fantastic with refreshing flavored water available as well as towels and suncream. There are bikes available to rent and the hotel's location right on the beach makes for a brilliant holiday. What really stands out about this hotel is the staff. They couldn't be more helpful. I don't think I've stayed somewhere with nicer staff. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
niamhsl,

Thank you for your review! "I don't think I've stayed somewhere with nicer staff", that is an awesome comment and I couldn't agree more. We have a great team and I am so lucky to work with them each and every day. Thanks for noticing!

Cheers,
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My parents, 19 year old daughter, and I stayed at the Surfcomber from December 26-30, 2013 - and it was a perfect visit, we really loved being there!

Everything about the hotel makes you relaxed, comfortable, and happy to be there.

The location is great, we walked everywhere.

The staff, without fail, is incredibly friendly, pleasant, and helpful. They always greet you, and with a smile, and when you return to the hotel, and they open the doors for you, they either say, "Welcome back!" or "Welcome home!".

As my Mom commented, the staff looks genuinely happy to be working there.

The lobby is warm and inviting, an eclectic mix of interesting decor that really works, not the typical sterile same-old hotel furnishings. There are blocks for kids to play with, and one evening there was an artist doing caricatures of the kids. And the lobby smells great!

The outdoor hallway to the pool is really nicely landscaped, with colourful cows, free bikes, and comfy light blue rocking chairs.

The pool is another great area with chairs all around, a sandy beach area with grass in back, all of which lead to the boardwalk and to the beach.

Having such easy and close access to the beach also contributed to our wonderful visit. Every morning I would wake up early, get coffee, and walk through the outside hallway to the boardwalk and beach with my parents.

There is always fruit and citrus-flavoured water available, complimentary coffee, tea, and ice coffee in the morning, and complimentary wine from 5:00-6:00.

The music played throughout the day and evening in the lobby, outside hallway, and pool is really good mixture, and not too loud, I even asked for the playlist because I enjoyed it so much.

The rooms are not huge, but my daughter and I moved very comfortably around two double beds. The rooms too are really nicely furnished, and the beds are incredibly comfortable.

Other guests are respectful, there was no noise in the hallways, and no late night disruption to our sleep.

The hotel is spotless and clean everywhere.

The Social Club restaurant serves really good tapas, the first meal that we had, and the second meal that we had was very tasty as well.

The only comment that I have is that there are no recycling bins which we all would have appreciated.

Aside from that point, the Surfcomber is perfect, we really loved staying there, were sad to leave, and will definitely stay there again next time that we're in Miami.

Green Features: There is no recycling at the hotel, which is the only negative comment that I have to offer.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michele K
Michele K,

First of all, I am happy to know that we were able to take care of you during the holidays and hope the 2013 holiday was one to remember. I want to thank you for taking the time to detail out your stay with us, I can't wait to share your review with the team!

Happy New Year!