“Great service! Clean rooms!”

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Ranked #44 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A large group of us stayed this past weekend for one of my best friends bachelorette party. When we arrived at the pool we were promptly greeted and seated (all 10 of us!). Shortly after we were offered a menu from who would become our favorite server of the trip (Chris Smith). He was so friendly, checked on us regularly, and made sure that my friend (the bride) felt extra special by serving her first etc. We quickly fell in love with the pool and looked forward to it each day. Even when "Smith" was off and saw us sitting at the restaurant he stopped to say hello on his way out. I call that true customer service! You can tell he truly enjoys his job and we truly enjoyed having him as a server! Rooms are small but you shouldn't be in your room in south beach!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brittany M
Sean F, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Brittany M,

I agree, you should spend as much time as you can enjoying our property and South Beach! I'll be sure to share your review with "Smith"

Reviewed 17 March 2014

After reading these good reviews, I realized something. If you are a family or a group looking for a bachelorette weekend, this is for you. Our sleep experience was constantly interrupted by a group of young women talking loudly outside the elevator door and next to our door. They thought nothing of screaming and slamming the door throughout the weekend. Also the location of our room was above the employee entrance. I did verify this. Slam slam slam starting at 6:00 am.

But if you don't care about the noise and sleeping, I would say this is a great place. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is for one person only. The staff is wonderful both inside the hotel and at the pool. We only ate breakfast here and a couple small dishes by the pool. All good!
If you don't know South Beach, you just walk out the back gate to an approximately 3+ mile path which goes along the beach.

One other weird thing. The room service menu does not include any appetizers. We just came back from a long day out and wanted to chill out with some wine and cheese & crackers & fruit & a movie. I was told that had to be ordered 24 hours in advance. What? So we ate some nuts and chips but did not want that.

An employee asked how our experience has been and I explained all this. He seemed concerned told me to call him next time. Maybe we'll try again since my husband comes here on business.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mantogirl

mantog,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I will be sure to discuss your comments with the team so we can continuously improve for excellence.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for a South Beach getaway. The hotel is lovely, right on the beach, with amazing service. I loved the pool and especially the beach. The pool butlers and beach butlers were fabulous. Especially Hans. Super attentive. I felt so spoiled. The rooms are lovely but very very small so be mindful if you have more than one person in the room. The breakfast staff and food was disappointing. Parking is super expensive, 37 dollars a day, ouch! You can walk to Lincoln Road and great shopping and restaurants. Try Maxine's across the street for breakfast.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lorraine6225

lorraine6225,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. If you have any further details about your breakfast experience please reach out to me at sean.flanigan@surfcomber.com

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Every time that I need to go to Miami, I am so happy because I get to stay at the Surfcomber! The staff is so awesome that you want to keep coming back. I love the location, the pool, the rooms, the staff, the wine hour, the coffee…all of it! It is always great and the only place that I will stay on Miami Beach. Congrats to the General Manager as he has trained/hired am amazing group of women and men.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa W

Lisa,

Thank you so much for your praises. It makes me smile from ear to ear.

Look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I can't say enough about how fantastic our stay here was! The staff became friends! Chris Mehmel is a gem and so is Sean Flanigan! Truly kind and generous with their time. On the beach, we loved Jessica and Hans- they were so attentive and helpful! At the Social Club- Serena So was just lovely ( and the food is amazing! ). Ryan Dupree was our server and was so cute and funny! Jenny was super helpful and sweet too! I will be back at the end of April and I travel for work so I'm VERY picky!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debra B

Debra B!

Thanks for the shout out!
I love hearing that you're picky and you highly reccomend us.
I'm sure the team is really excited to see you in April!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Our second time here and even better than the first mainly due to the amazing staff (the rooms aren't bad either as is the redecoration of the ground floor)! Location wise its perfect as its on the beach and one block from Lincoln so easy access to shops and restaurants all by foot.

Our first room was noisy due to what we called "Tim the Trolley' which was the beverage cart being wheeled down the courtyard late at night and v early in the morning. Cameron on the Front Desk gets a special mention for being incredibly helpful and finding us a quieter room and to Wendy for understanding how annoying it was and giving us a breakfast on the house. However Best In Class has to go to David Trujillo for his endless kindness, humour and genuine love of the guests (David I got up at 06.30 and got that late check out thank you again)!

On the beach there is a great team overseen by Chris a true pro and led by the one and only Vinnie (ask to meet his friend Bubbles) along with Jonathan and James who run around all day from sunbed to sunbed just making sure everyone is happy.

We will return

Emma and Hughie Turner

Room Tip: We chose north side non courtyard to move to which aren't as pretty but seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Emma T,

I am so sorry about hearing about Tim and his tendency to wake you up at strange hours, I'll make sure to figure out a way to nicely tell Tim he isn't allowed to do that so we can find another way for Tim to get around.

I want to thank you for mentioning so many incredible interactions with employees you had during your stay. I will be sure to share it everyone you mentioned, they all deserve double high fives !!!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I went to Miami for a solo stay to get some rest and relaxation after a very long project, and my trip could not have been more wonderful. Due to my project work, I haven't been able to stay in a city with a Kimpton hotel in a long time. Coming to the Surfcomber reminded me why I love this brand so much: the people. When I was there, I felt like I was among family. Everyone on the staff is very friendly and welcoming, and will go above and beyond to make your experience perfect.

Check-In: Chris was very friendly. He remembered my name through the rest of the stay and his energy level set the tone and got me excited for the rest of the stay.

Bar: Carla was an awesome bartender! She was very knowledgeable about the drinks that she served and even took the time to go through an impromptu wine tasting with me to help me make the perfect selection. She was very engaging and turned my time at the bar into an enjoyable one.

Pool: Beautiful. Marco and Chris B. were extremely helpful, taking the time to anticipate the needs of the pool goers and starting up friendly conversation with everyone. I've been to a lot of pools in my time, but the pool service here stood out. Thanks guys!

All in all, this was one of my best stays in the Miami area. I will definitely be back and am counting down the days when I call Surfcomber my Miami home once again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Sean F, General Manager at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Nikki,

Thanks for sharing your experience about your "perfect south beach trip"! I love the comments and I love that you were able to meet some of our great rock stars.

Come see us again soon!