“A STAFF THAT TREATED ME HOW I LIKE TO BE TREATED... "VIP STATUS"”

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Ranked #45 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just got back from Miami for a bachelorette party and have been going to South Beach for years and this was my first time staying at the Surfcomber Hotel. The hotel was clean, centrally located and an all over great experience. I never write reviews but felt that need to give a very special review to staff at this hotel. Jenn at the front desk is amazing and was such a help to me and my friends; Marcos out at the pool took care of us every day at the pool and set us up with chairs without even asking; but i have to give Rachel, the cocktail server, at the pool a FIVE STAR rating... she went ABOVE and BEYOND for me and my friends every day at the pool and we never had to ask her for anything, she knew what we were drinking without even asking after the first day there. She was so helpful and sweet and i told her i was going out of my way to write this review because of her. I would DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,528)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

What an amazing hotel, made extra special by the staff. From the first greeting on the door from Latifh, to Kenneth and Joy on reception, to Chris Smith and Marcus by the pool and everyone beyond, the staff at this hotel are exceptional. People that really want to be your friend and you theirs. Rooms are of a good size, although bathrooms are a little on the small side, but how long would you want to spend in the room when you have such a wonderful pool area and access to the private part of the beach. The hotel is well positioned for access to the restaurants and shops of Lincoln Road and just a short walk to the madness of South Beach. Complimentary champagne on arrival and a hosted free wine hour from 5pm to 6pm each day just add to the enjoyment. Even the noisy aircon plant and roof view couldn't spoil my stay. Definitely coming back and will always now try to stay Kimpton elsewhere in the states.

Room Tip: I was in 330 overlooking the roof and aircon plant which was quite noisy. Try to get on the odd numb...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsMooFish
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed 3rd to 9th June 2014....

Room - courtyard facing (internal), nice and quiet at night, good king bed. Good sized TV, iron, plenty of hangers but no kettle that i could find (i like a brew int he morning). Broken sink in bathroom (plug would not lower) and bulb also broken, asked maid twice to get it fixed, never did despite promises of an engineer visit.

Pool/Beach - Excellent position for sun and service from the pool attendants, extra charge for umbrellas by sea available for free at other hotels.

Bar - You have to tip 19% for a bar person opening a bottle and moving it a couple of feet from fridge to glass then they have the cheek to ask for an additional tip. Rip off.

Paid in full when i booked and then they added a 'resort tax' on departure.

Very expensive for a near week stay and when i asked to check out at 2pm (2 hour extension from standard 12 check out) they said no i was not impressed.

A nice hotel but very over priced due to its position.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank muzmund
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is an excellent choice. Perfect location, good pool area, gorgeous beach, good restaurant and an excellent staff. They are very helpfull and friendly. The resort tax allows you to get free coffee in the morning, drink a different type os wine at five, gets towells, chairs and sunscreen on the pool and the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

it was our first time staying in the Surfcomber in Miami and we had a blast...from the second we walked into the lobby everyone was super nice and super cool...Every worker there from the concierge to the cleaning staff always offered a helping hand or just said a simple hello and greeted you with a smile...Completely satisfied with our stay here and would definitely come back again...hotel was really clean and we did not have one single problem ...a few of the staff that we met that were simply amazing were ...
Jenny from the concierge & Kenneth
Chris by the pool
Vinny by the beach
Completely loved them. Really cool staff. Amazing hotel. Thank you Surfcomber !!

-from the four girls from NY staying on the third floor!! Thank you again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is my first kimpton experience as I would usually prefer spg hotels. But the hotel's deco pics was just too pretty for me to skip this hotel.

I arrived later than I was supposed to due to a missed flight. Thus, the efficiency and friendly front-desk was very much appreciated. Welcomed me with a glass of champagne - nice touch. Other good points, which is typically of kimpton hotels, not unique to this hotel - free wine hour 5-6pm and free wifi for intouch members.

I was in room 170 [level 1]. Not a good idea to get that room as the window faces the pathway that leads to the pool. Was woken up in the middle of the night due to some shouting. Room is very small and not fully equipped with the basic toiletries - there is no toothbrush, toothpaste and shower gel. There is body lotion, shampoo and conditioner and a bar of soap.

Wifi was good throughout the whole of the hotel.

Not very satisfied with the breakfast staff who served me. I needed a teaspoon and she gave me a soup spoon as she was not willing to go find one. I explained that I needed a spoon for tea, she then unwillingly went to find a teaspoon for me.

Pool area was ok, though crowded.

Overall experience - loved the front-desk staff - friendly and efficient. Was satisfied with the lobby area - hip and sleek. Bed was very comfortable. However, did not like the size of room and toiletries. I will be trying out two more kimpton hotels due to special discount - allegro in chicago and ink48.

Room Tip: Do not take the level 1 rooms - noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed at Kimpton Surfcomber for four nights here in mid May. I had a great time. The front staff, including the valet to the cleaning person I met in the hallway on my way to my room were all very nice. Working with the front desk checking in was a breeze, and the room was nice. Not the biggest room, but clean and modern. I also worked with their concierge to set up some reservations for rental car, boat trip and baseball tickets, and everything was taken care off.

Great experience and I hope I’ll be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family