“"Welcom to Miami" en Surfcomber.”

Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Ranked #40 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aalter
“"Welcom to Miami" en Surfcomber.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very Nice hotel, close to the Beach and ocean drive. It gives you a vacation feeling and there is very good service. Friendly crew, even at The Beach there is a very, very good service as well. Compliments to Vinny, Andrea and their crew.

• Stayed August 2014
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Desutter,

Thank you for the recent stay and great posting. We will be sure to share the great feedback withe the beach team! We look foward to seeing you soon!

-Nick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Beautiful hotel, beautiful pool, comfy beds and great breakfast! Completely enjoyable experience & Martin at the front desk was so friendly and funny! He always went the above and beyond to make sure our vacation was perfect. I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2014
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Apelu-

Thank you for the recent stay and great review. Martin is hilarious, friendly, and great at taking care of our guests! We are happy he helped make your stay special.

São Paulo
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I recommend the hotel because of the staff friendliness, hotel atmosphere, tv channels variety and the location.
I would not recommend it because of the small room size, the noise outside the room, the small towels/linens, the poor continental breakfast I had included.
My room is one of the biggest according to the nice front desk attendants and it is in front of the garden and it would guarantee some silent. I can say it is not so small as in the neighbor SLS, but there is no space for 2 luggage pieces or for more than 3 pair or shoes. My bathroom cannot fit two persons at the same time - not that I wanted to have people there. The towels are the smallest and roughest you can imagine and there was no liquid soap (I would not request it if it was not previously offered). Bed linens are soft but very small. And as soon as I pull it to lie down the bed turns into an absolute mess.
I cannot stop saying the staff is great. The are always smiling and always willing to help us. At the wine time the best and nicest of the hotel staff are there to serve us. I suggest you not to miss a chat with them. Except at the beach that the guys who are in charge were a little angry with their lives when the weather got hotter.
In swimming pool area I found enough reclining chairs for all guests but no tables with chairs where I could sit for a snack for example.
The location is beside Delano and SLS, a few blocks from Lincoln road. I am close to everything.
In my rate was included a breakfast that was only enough for one piece of bread, one orange juice and a coffee. As I don't like the weak coffee they have I tried to change to a espresso. Although the first days waiters exceptionally offered me an espresso instead of the coffee when I mentioned it to the third day waiter, an alternative style unflexible boy, and he clearly denied mentioning rules are rules. I belive this unflexibility is enough to keep me away. A piece of bread, that can be a bagel, croissant or toast, followed with some few cubes of melon, is enough for breakfast but you can have it at Wallgreens.
Finally I mention the noise. On the first morning I woke up at 8 because of music outside my room, in the garden. On the second day at 7 because they were vacuum the leaves under my window. On Saturday music in the pool (or neighbor's) stops around 1 am.

1 Thank Renato N
Renato N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. I was sorry to hear that we were not perfect and dissappointed you when it came to the rooms size, towels, and breakfast. On a positive note, we appreciate you mentioning the amazing atmosphere our friendly staff create. We do hope that you are willing to give us another stay so we can show you that we are truly the best place to stay in South Beach.

Kind Regards,

Nick
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

From the beginning to the end of our stay, we had a wonderful experience.

There was 4 of us ladies who are exploring the world of south beach for my sisters bachlorette getaway. You could imagine crazy and demanding it could get. The manager Jordanne was a doll and her staff were so accommodating.

We booked and entire 4 days with the concierge and Brad was very awesome. He was patient and understanding. He even made sure we got he best deal out there! It was very kind of this hotel to offer dessert and some drinks to the room for the bride to be! I mean who does that?!

It doesn't stop There.. the hotel was nicely decorated with a modern touch. The room was comfortable and Clean. Best part was we bumped into a hotel attendant name Foxy who was the kindest man ever! Looked after us, even though we caused havoc to our poor neighbors.

Even the morning front desk team and doorman had amazing energy. Funny and warm altogether. Complimentry Tea, coffee, & scones if you get up on time.

Overall, the money here was well spent. Didn't look like much from the outside but a complete hidden gem if you ask me! If we were back in Miami, we would book with them!

• Stayed July 2014
tpham88-

We are happy to hear that Jordanne and the team took extra special care of your bachelorette group! We will be sure to share the great feedback with Foxy as well. We look foward to seeing you again for your next South Beach getaway!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We arrived late after traveling all day and were greeted by the friendly front desk. She provided us with a wonderful room and gave us a recommendation for dinner within walking distance. The only complaint we had was the size of the bathroom and speed of the elevator. The bathroom was quite small and the elevator moved very slowly creating a wait. The room was clean and the outdoor amenities were well kept. The location is great because you can walk to almost any activity you wish to do. Overall it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley_363
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Ashley_363-

Thank you for the recent stay with us and sharing your great experience! We appreciate your business and look foward to seeing you again.

South Africa
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the Surfcomber during July 2014. Fantastic location. Fantastic staff. We really enjoyed the wine tasting in the afternoons. If ever I have the opportunity to visit Miami in future I will look no further.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Janneman B,

Thank you for the stay and great posting. Wine hour is certainly much needed after a day of exploring or even relaxing. We look foward to welcoming you back.

New City, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nicely Renovated Hotel on the Beach in the Center of South Beach
Reasonably Priced and excellent Services , great Value.
It has come a long way since my first Stay at this Hotel Since 1969
The Location is just off Lincoln Road, an area of Great Restaurants, Art Galleries, and Shopping

• Stayed April 2014
Shrothman,

Thank you for the return visit! One of the things I love most about South Beach is the history We would love to see some before and after pics of your visit from 1969 compared to today! We really appreciate your business and hope we see you soon!