“Excellent stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My dad and I just returned from our delightful, relaxing vacation at the Surfcomber. The room was decorated beautifully and extremely clean. The beach service provided two beach chairs per day--the daily resort fee was worth it! Vinny and Andrea, the managers at the beach service, as well as Juan and the rest of their staff, were always kind and helpful. They checked on us throughout the day and made sure we had everything we needed. We were very pleased with their service and with the Surfcomber in general. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
vegancitygirl-

Thank you for choosing Surfcomber! We appreciate the great comments about the beach and entire team at the property. We can't wait to welcome you back again!

-Nick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This past weekend was my first visit to South Beach Miami, Fl and the Surfcomber Hotel made my stay very enjoyable. Lets start with the employees, they were the nicest and helpful staff ever! Specially BRAD L AT THE FRONT DESK! Very nice and professional staff, they were always making sure we were well taken care of, and making sure we didn't need anything else. Their pool area is amazing, and the access to the beach is easy and convenient. The menu is really good, and they offer complementary wine at 4:00pm, I went swimming at the pool at night (their pool is open 24/7) and there were staff making sure we were doing fine bringing us towels and also brought their room service menu when we requested food after hours at the pool. Very nice of them! They recommended places to go dancing when we asked, and really made us feel welcomed! I am for sure coming back to this hotel on my future visits, thanks again Surfcomber Hotel! :)
-Jennifer

Room Tip: I stayed in a double deluxe room, 2 beds, perfect for 2 people. However, I could see 4 people sleepi...
Green Features: Green Key Certified Education for guests on green practices Landscaping designed to minimize flooding Tracks energy use Towel reuse program Energy-saving lighting controls
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JenWil87
Surfcomber_Nick, Director of Operations at Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
JenWil87,

We loved hearing you had such a great time! Our staff are what make our property special. It is great to hear that Brad took the lead in making sure you had such a great stay! Just a minor correction; wine hour is at 5pm (we don't want any TripAdvisor readers missing out!). Thank you again for the recent stay and great posting. We look foward to welcoming you back!

Houston, Texas

The Bell Boys:
From the moment I arrived to the hotel, I felt like I was at a high end resort. As I'm getting out of the cab, the bell boys are already there to meet me. At first, I tried to resist but the guys insisted...but they did it in a way to where you wanted to give them your bags. They made you feel like your bags were their bags and that the only thing you needed to worry about was enjoying your vacation.

The Front Desk:
Even though there were several other people being checked in and had other issues, the front desk was amazingly friendly and helpful! They made me feel like they had known me for years and that I was the most important guest even though I was staying one night. But one person stood out and went and above and beyond...Kenneth Walker. He was really helpful and welcoming, even after 10pm. He even gave me suggestions for my trip to Punta Cana.

The Beach:
There is a little reserved area for guest at the Surfcomber. The attendants will set up a chair for you and are really friendly. One warning: The chairs and towels are free....the umbrellas are not. (I think $20+)

The pool:
Though I did not get in the pool, as I walked by, it appeared to be the place to be. There are bars, music, and little private rooms(at cost). If you have a large group, may work out for you. And I'm sure you have to get there early to claim a chair.

The Social Club:
After a long day at the beach, I needed a quick bite and adult beverage. It's a little pricey, but what isn't on South Beach. The waitstaff was informative and made me feel totally welcomed even at the end of the night. The food was served hot and fresh and the drinks were....creative! Mostly rum based, but still good.

The room:
The room(King Bed-Garden View) itself is really small and the restroom is tiny, but surprisingly comfortable. I thought that I would hear a lot of foot traffic, but it was actually quiet and I was on the first floor. Being that I didn't see other rooms, I can't suggest with full confidence to large families.

All in all, if I ever make it back to South Beach, I will definitely go back to Surfcomber. A bit pricey, but the service is beyond reproach!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
mykewll,

Wow! That was a very thoughtful review of your recent stay. Thank you for highlighting the amazing staff we have here. The way you described the bellmen is exactly what we are going for! Who can't love that great picture of Kenneth!?! Once again, thank you for the stay and sharing the great review.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is your standard beach resort with all the amenities one would expect, but nothing remarkable. Let's start with the positive: great pool and pool area with nice cabanas, lemonade and ice tea served in lobby, wine after 4pm, restaurant has a decent menu (again, nothing special) and staff is friendly enough. BUT the prices are too high for what they are offering. I paid close to $300 for a very average room (nice shower). On top of that I had to pay a $20/day "resort" fee that basically gave me free wifi (shouldn't that be a given??) and two chairs at the beach. Once I got to the beach I discovered that I had to pay an extra $20 for an umbrella!! Food and drink service at the pool and beach is painfully slow (granted the kitchen is not right on the beach and it takes time to walk back and forth) but the waitstaff of 4 was quickly overwhelmed. I've been to beach resorts where all of this seemed much better organized. On the second day of my stay, the cleaning staff never made my room and I had to ask for someone to clean it and make the bed at 8pm. None of this is a big deal, but I was expecting more for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dulooze,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything less than perfect. We are continually striving for perfection so I can assure you your comments will be used to make us better. Please reach out to me directly via private message so we can connect and I can make sure your next stay is amazing.

Warm regards,

Nick
Los angeles
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel is amazing! Great structures! the pool area is beautiful! There is a direct access to beach which is very convenient! On the service side, employees are passionate in making the guests special and made sure me and my girlfriends had great stay!
Martin from the front desk was very charming and created an unforgettable experience! We love you Martin!!! Will Definitely come back on my next trip!

• Stayed August 2014
Lianamodel,

Thank you for the recent stay and great review! If you read the reviews on TripAdvisor you will see that Martin has become very popular! We loved hearing the great feedback. Please be sure to come visit soon!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our 2nd stay at Surfcomber. This is an older property that has been renovated, so the rooms are small compared to newer hotels. The location, value for price and great staff more than make up this. We enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian C
Brian C-

Thank you for the continued loyalty to Surfcomber! We couldn't agree more; the best part of Surfcomber is the staff! We can't wait to welcome you back again.

Aalter
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very Nice hotel, close to the Beach and ocean drive. It gives you a vacation feeling and there is very good service. Friendly crew, even at The Beach there is a very, very good service as well. Compliments to Vinny, Andrea and their crew.

• Stayed August 2014
Desutter,

Thank you for the recent stay and great posting. We will be sure to share the great feedback withe the beach team! We look foward to seeing you soon!