“A Tv Scene”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #23 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Thanks to Mr. Jay with Adventurous Travel &Cruises. He hooked us up.Everything I wanted.The hotel and staff is outstanding!! No other word I can say or use to describe. We had the pleasure to stay at this hotel before going on a cruise out of Miami. Wanted to let our hair down and then relax before cruise. A change of pace was want we wanted and that is what we got. Excellent !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you enjoyed our relaxing environment and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,472)

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Comfortable, modern hotel in a truly incredible location! Friendly, prompt and attentive service by everyone from the front desk to the valets to the restaurant hostess. I travel to Miami for work regularly and this hotel is my new go-to spot. It has all the amenities (including peace and quiet) for work, plus immediate access to all the excitement of South Beach. Everything you could want is within walking distance: Starbucks, pubs, night clubs, restaurants, convenience store, etc, etc, etc. Simply an overall exceptional experience!

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you liked our location and found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Two weeks before I was to arrive at this hotel I received an email stating they were starting renovations at the hotel. The noise was horrible and was woken up at 9 AM each morning. The hotel knew 2 weeks prior they were going to do rennovations to the rooms so why did they wait until 2 weeks out to notify me? And all the hotels in South Beach were booked so it wasn't like I had other opttions. I even called the front desk to explain how they didn't bother to notify me more than 2 weeks out. They told me they were waiting for a start date from the contractors before they let their guests know. Not acceptable and they knew we were stuck and could not book at another hotel because it was 2 weeks out. They could care less and if you think they care about their platnium elite members.. Guess again! Anyone who is a Marriott Rewards member will do better to switch to another rewards program!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kenya B
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for staying at the South Beach Marriott. I apologize for any construction noise you heard while on property, our goal is to ensure you have a great stay while you are here. It is important to mention two weeks before your arrival to our hotel and also during your stay with us, all the Marriott properties in the area had availability to relocate your reservation if that is what you were interested in doing, I really wish you would have communicated it to us that way we could have assisted you to do so. As much as we loved to have you as guest, your comfort is our priority. While I am regretful of your troubles, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the readers on TripAdvisor. We take your review very seriously and will share your comments with our team in an effort to better our services going forward. My sincerest apologies that your time spent at South Beach Marriott was not ideal. I hope that you will consider returning to the South Beach Marriott to stay in one of our reinvented rooms upon completion of our $9 million redesign; we would love your experienced opinion on the changes we make!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Outstanding service...every employee was happy to work there and it showed in their attitude and reflected back to the customer experience thru out the entire 5 days I was there. The City turned off a water pipe unexpectedly which only affected some guests, and only for 45 minutes, but the hotel held a free Happy Hour that night as a compensation for all the guests for any inconvenience! It wasn't even Marriott's fault...that's a sign of a hotel that cares about their customers stay!

Rooms were fantastic...quiet, clean, comfortable, spacious and modern. You almost have no reason to go more than two blocks from the hotel for anything...Starbucks coffee shop attached to the hotel, Ted's - a local dive bar just up the street for cheap drinks and local environment, Story's - a hot club open until 5 am, Big Pinks - fantastic diner and great food, plus a local market store, CVS-like all-purpose store and a liquor store all within a very very short walk from the hotel. In short the location could truly not be better!

I stay for business, but it always feels like a vacation. I've been traveling to South Beach for work for the last 5 years and this will now be my regular hotel. Outstanding!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place.

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am delighted you had time away from your meetings to enjoy our amenities and the reception we had for our guests after the inconvenient water shut off. We are glad The South Beach Marriott will be your preferred choice for your home away from home

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I was able to stay at Marriott South Beach for a work conference. When I arrived I was just beginning to feel the sad effects of a sinus infection; Daren went above and beyond during my 3 day stay to make sure I had plenty of hot tea with fresh lemon and honey during my conference. When he restocked and tended to the refreshment area in our conference room he always made it a point to seek me out and ask if I was ready for another cup of tea. I'm not sure if I would have made it through the three days without his "help" and sympathy for the way I was feeling. Instead of looking forward to go home to my own bed I dreaded having to leave and make my own tea. Thanks again Daren!!

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy to learn Darin exceeded your service expectations and we hope you feel better. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This hotel is a true gem! Great customer service, great location, great rooms, great views! This is the best hotel I have stayed at in Miami! I will continue to book this hotel every chance I get! The view of the sunrise and the beach were gorgeous.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I once again found myself on a business trip in MIAMI. The Marriott South Beach is always my hotel of choice. The location is great, the staff is very accommodating, and the view, beach access, and pool can't be beat. They have begun renovating starting with the upper 2 floors, so they put me on the Mezzanine level with an Ocean front room - I did not hear the construction at all. Should be great to see when its all done in Jan 14. They temporarily moved the concierge lounge downstairs next to the Deco Blue - works out great! I will stay here again and highly recommend it. Seth -the Manager is always a great help!

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean View
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for your loyalty to the South Beach Marriott! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that to learn you always enjoy your stay with us and find our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we look forward to your next stay! We'd love for you to experience our newly re-designed rooms in 2014 to get your "before" and "after" opinion!