“Unforgettable experience in south beach Marriott”

Marriott Stanton South Beach
Ranked #21 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable experience in south beach Marriott”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this property for 3 nights and I do have to say that everything was even better than perfect, the staff was very very polite nice and helpful.
On the first day we were at the pool and there was only 1 chair available and obviously not enough for me and my girlfriend and in less than 5 min a pool attendant from Serbia (which was terrific) got a second chair for my girlfriend,she was so cordial and friendly that I was impressed on that....lunch...????? Superb fast service attempting staff really knowledgeable about menu and cocktail selection and the food was terrific,tasty and cooked to perfection.

I really want to suggest this place to anyone which want to try the experience of good hospitality service in a good and accessible location right in the middle of Miami.

I will be back there for sure.

Ronni Antonello

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ronni a
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach ! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

First this hotel is one of the best locations on SBeach. It is located where the locals go to the beach and near some great restaurants. The rooms are more updated and they are Marriott standard rooms. The people that work at the hotel are very nice and the property seems better run then last year when I stayed at the hotel. I am a regular and I will be back. Did I mention the great location?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Seth K
Dear Guest:
It is always a pleasure to welcome our previous guests back. Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you find our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back!
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed at this property to celebrate my birthday. Location is perfect. Ocean front and in walking distance to everything but is perfect to escape the noise and crowds after a night of fun. Diego at the hotel restaurant and bar took great care of us. But everyone from the front desk staff (helmy and Brandon) to simon and Alex with our luggage was wonderful. Definitely will be my go to place to stay in south beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RC L
Dear Guest:
I am so pleased that we were able to surpass your expectations and help make your birthday a success! Thank for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. We look forward to having you back to stay with us soon to celebrate another birthday, or just because! We're always in the mood to celebrate with our fabulous guests!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stay at Marriott, Hilton or boutique hotel about 100+ days a year. The Marriott Stanton is one of the best options I have experienced. The hotel is very nice but nothing special or spectacular other than the amazing staff. My wife and I stayed here for a week and the staff was easily one of the best I have experienced. For those frequent travelers the staff is on par if not better than a Ritz or 4 Seasons. We arrived late on Sunday evening and, Helmy at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful getting us set up. I'm PE ad we stayed on the 11th floor with an ocean view, which was a great room with the addition of a personal note from the GM welcoming us. The concierge lounge was average as far as size and appearance but the staff made the room a destination. Anthony was extremely helpful and personable in the morning and Rosaly was a phenomenal person that provided fantastic service and made my wife stop by every evening. We have never frequented a concierge lounge as often.

The remaining staff always offered a hello and "do you need anything" which was greatly appreciated. Seth at the concierge desk was lifesaver after some Enterprise mistakes with my car. The highlight of the staff was Elizabeth who provided us attention and assistance tht made us feel like movie stars. She was down to earth, personable and went above and beyond to help us.

Based on the negatives reviews, I can agree with some of the opinions. Especially the cost of the beach chairs and umbrella...come on Marriott you should charge one rate for Marriott members and non-members...that was disappointing and cheap. Solid staff but a ridiculous cost. I cannot remember the names of the two staff members in Deco Restaurant (guy during the day is from Columbia and guy at night Argentina) but they really kept things alive and fun in the restaurant. Misha at the pool was very helpful and went above and beyond.

While the Marriott Stanton is a standard Marriott and does not provide the same 5 star overall experience the staff more than exceeds the expectations. The location is at the South end of South Beach which provides a quiet, non-tourist experience. The beach area is really nice. Overall we will be staying here every time we come to Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for left side of hotel partial to full ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chef Chu
Erenia M, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Stanton South Beach, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your post about your fantastic stay at the Marriott Stanton South Beach ! We pride ourselves on providing our customers with the ultimate South Beach experience and are thankful to be able to interact with such kind and generous guests. We are happy that you found our hotel to be such an ideal vacation spot. Thank you also for your positive comments on our staff's level of service, we take great pride in their accomplishments. In reference to the beach, we would like to clarify that South Beach it's a public beach and local vendors get special permits from the city to rent chairs and umbrellas. All hotels in the area are subject to the same situation; however, all chairs and umbrellas are free of charge throughout the hotel's wonderful pools. Thanks for taking the time to share this review; we'd love to have you back!
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The Marriott Stanton South Beach is about 25 min drive from the airport.
Location is at the end of Ocean Drive, a bit more quite place.
Nice staff welcomed us in a very small lobby. Late Check In
Reception staff either very friendly and kind.
Standard room, partial sea view.
First Impression very nice but second view...
Absolute dirty floor and in ten days never cleaned. Dirty white socks after couple steps...
And then on my bed (not on the matress) on the headside a cut dark yellow fingernail.
Immediately complained.
Housekeeping was send to our room, tried to wiped up a bit with her hand. Thats it!!
Complained again.
Alternative offered. Same room different floor. Declined from our side.
Next morning i saw the duty manager. She apologized and offered a "deep cleaning" and a cheese platter was delivered to our room.
Absolutely unsatisfied solution.
Pool extremely small.
Sun chairs at the beach 10$ + 10$ for an umbrella, which was pathetic, when you look at the room price of about 350$.
All in one never gonna stay in this hotel again...!
Not recommendable...!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest:
The Marriott Stanton South Beach aims to exceed your expectations, which is why I am disappointed to hear about your experience while staying at our hotel. While I am regretful of your troubles, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the readers on TripAdvisor. We take your review very seriously and will share your comments with our team in an effort to better our services going forward. In reference to the beach, we would like to clarify that South Beach it's a public beach and local vendors get special permits from the city to rent chairs and umbrellas. All hotels in the area are subject to the same situation; however, all chairs and umbrellas are free of charge throughout the hotel's wonderful pools. My sincerest apologies that your time spent at the Marriott Stanton South Beach was not ideal.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a good hotel with a really great staff, in spite of being highly overpriced! The staff is what makes the stay so special. From the front desk receptionist who let us check-in early on memorial day weekend to the concierge, Seth, who made sure our stay was extra memorable with his great tips and suggestions. Seth and other members of the staff really went out of their way to make sure our trip was safe and memorable. The location to the beach and the pools on site are great. Service by poolside could be a little faster, but then again we stayed during a holiday weekend. The room was standard, but comfortable. Extremely close to south beach and ocean drive. All in all a good experience, wish it was more affordable though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aashmoi
St. Louis
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I booked this hotel through Royal Caribbean (RC) for a pre-cruise extension. I had also purchased a transfer to the pier in hopes we would be one of the first on the ship. My paper work said the shuttle would depart at 11am. At 11:20 I was in a hotel seating area, on the phone with their service where after a long time on hold I was told the driver “could not make it there until 12:30.” Of course this upset me so I asked about what they could do to compensate for the inconvenience. I had assumed that if I was in the RC system, I would get the exceptional customer service I had received while booking. They transferred me to Customer Service where I repeat the story and am put on hold again. They can’t help so they transfer me to the “Resolution Team.” By her tone, she had no intention of providing any type of resolution or empathy for that matter.

The kicker is that the General Manager of the Marriott happened to also be in the waiting area and over heard my conversation. He handed me his card and offered for his driver to take us to the pier. I was blown away. He was fixing a problem created by someone else. If this is an example of Marriott service, I will continue to share this story!

Note, this did not ruin the RC cruise. And I would cruise with them again, I will just arrange my own transportation to the pier! Now for the regular review details of the hotel:

We were greeted by a very friendly staff who immediately helped us with our bags up the stairs to the lobby. Check-in was speedy and again a very friendly, courteous staff and they offered us bottled water. Luggage was delivered immediately. The room was very nice, clean and cool. I appreciate having a refrigerator since there is a liquor store/market within walking distance. We had a late lunch outside at Deco Blue. The mojito was perfect, the nachos were generous and delicious and the waiter/bar tender was super friendly. It was an easy walk to a quiet beach with free towel service. We were only there for an hour so we did not pay for a chair or umbrella. My nephew enjoyed sitting outside on our balcony that faced the city. It was like an oven to me with the direct sun but he loved it. Check-out was easy and as we waited for our shuttle they offered us bottled water and reassurance that everything would work out with RC. This is definitely a high-end hotel but the service was truly outstanding and they care about the little details.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family