So here is where I have a dilemma about Trip Advisor ratings. If I rate it as three then it is deemed to be average and if I rate it as four then it is very good and the Marriott Stanton falls in between the two. Maybe time for trip advisor to drop the "poor" and "terrible" and put in a "good" category.
There are some real positives about the hotel so let me start with those. It is in a really good location at the southern end of South beach close enough to restaurants but far enough away from the "noise". It is also fit on the beach and has a very nice pool area. Catherine who worked at the pool is excellent. The rooms are also well designed although, by American standards, a bit on the small side. If you have access to the executive club lounge then use that. Breakfast was good and the views are great from the roof
In terms of things that need improving the gym is very small and in a room with no windows which is a shame given the location. It feels like an after thought and the equipment is a bit old. One side of reception is nice and modern while the other side is rather drab.
And then there are things that need to be improved. The internet is painfully slow. Not acceptable these days Marriotts. It is also expensive at $13/day. Secondly charging for sun loungers and umbrellas on the beach is ridiculous. It is$13/lounger and the same for an umbrella so $40 per couple for a day. That is just mad. And finally charging $14 for a glass of wine in your exec club is over the top.
This is a good hotel but there are just a few things that let it down. However, if you want a good location then worth staying here.
P.S. There is a lot of construction work going on near the hotel so there is a lot of noise and given these are new apartment buildings this will go on for some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy effortless glamour at Marriott Stanton South Beach. Our Art Deco-inspired South Beach hotel in Miami Beach, Florida fits right in on Ocean Drive with some of the most stylish buildings in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marriott Stanton South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Marriott Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Marriott
- Marriott Hotel South Beach
- South Beach Marriott
- Marriott Stanton South Beach Miami Beach, Florida