“Pleasantly Surprised”

Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #51 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay here, appreciating the cool new decor and friendly staff. We chose the hotel because it's under Marriott's Autograph Collection, so we knew we could expect a certain level of quality. Location for South Beach couldn't be better and we loved sitting out front in the afternoons having an aperitif and people-watching steps away from restaurants, shops, and of course the beach.
The only thing standing between this hotel and a five-star review is that the restaurant didn't have soy milk! What?! Since we had breakfast at the hotel everyday and I am allergic to milk it was super-inconvenient and, quite frankly, surprising. These days it's not often that a hotel restaurant is unable to offer a milk alternative so they definitely have some catching up to do!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Alexia,

Thank you so much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time. I read the inconvenience that you experienced at FIX. Our General Manger has been informed and he followed this up with our Food and Beverage Director. I apologize for this inconvenience and I hope to welcome you back soon. If I can ever be of any assistance please let me know. Emar erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,719)

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed here in March 2013 for 3 nights. The hotel has been bought by Marriott and has been recently been re-furbished to an excellent standard. My partner was a bit dubious about staying here about old comments prior to the re-furbishment but was pleasantly surprised. Hotel is in an excellent location, one block away from the busy Ocean Drive. There was free-wifi and 24 hour the and coffee. We were also phoned when we got to the room to make sure we were happy. The staff went out of your way to help you. The rooms were modern and very boutiquey. A little more space in the bathroom and a bath / shower would have been nice. Be warned if you do have a car there is no on-site parking. Overall a very good hotel. If you need to get to the airport there is a bus (150) which costs $2.35 which goes every half hour from Washington Street which is one block away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matty17r

Thank you for the compliment, it was great having you staying with us. I hope during your next visit to our beautiful South Beach you stay with us again.

We look forward to your next visit,
All the best,

Reviewed 2 April 2013

From the moment I stepped foot into the hotel I knew it was going to be a great stay... happy people at the desk.... good energy..... My friend and I just went on a whim because we wanted some warmer weather...At first I was a little unsure because it is a boutique hotel, and usually the service can be not so good........ But this place.... it was was classy and adorable all in one!!! I am so glad that we stayed there!!! The front desk manager Emar went well out of his way to make sure that our stay felt special!! Answered all my questions, and every time I saw him he asked me if we were enjoying our stay and if we needed anything... I felt like a celebrity!!! The bellman, Francisco was absolutely sweet and informative... and there were some other people that I forgot their names that were always happy smiling... The beds were comfy,, the place was clean as a whistle.. the pool was as warm as the tropics... I was informed that the hotel was just taken over and renovated about 6 or so months ago... our room was on the second floor on the street side.. and we had some great people watching... i was concerned about noise, but even though the streets were packed ( it was dj music festival weekend) we had a great sleep!! much quieter than i thought it would be... the beach and the famous "Clevelander" bar was one block away... where all the action is.... don't hesitate and book your stay here.. i have stayed at many boutique hotels in Miami,,, and this is the place.... Oh, and it was originally opened by Merv Griffin and named after the song "Blue Moon"... pretty cool.......

Room Tip: if you are very very concerned about noise.. which was not a problem for us.. i would ask for a room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alextweet
Emar R, Front Office Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Scherip,

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing this amazing review. We are pleased you had a great stay and delighted that our staff made such a positive impact towards your stay. At Blue Moon, we are dedicated to providing you with original guest experiences. We appreciate the fact that you love our chic and boutique style and enjoyed our location. We are looking forward to your next visit.

All the best,

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Blue Moon has fantastic location for those who want to be in Miami Beach. It's one block from the Ocean Drive where you can have the same formula breakfast (for less than $6) or the same tourist dinner menu at any of tens of restaurants. Neither can be recommended. The beach walk is great. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. If you have a car you can park in the parking garage on the 7th Street, between Collins and Washington - $1 an hour, $20 max for 24 hours. I give it 3 stars because I have stayed in much better places for less but if you must be in Miami Beach, or South Beach, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter, check the A/C for noise and the toilet for leak
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you. We are glad you enjoyed our location and rated our staff with such a positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night precruise. This was my first experience with a "boutique" hotel. I was very apprehensive. Our hotel preferences include large rooms, sitting areas in the rooms, staying on the high floors and frig or microwave in the room.

This hotel is nothing like that and I LOVE it. The rooms are small and lack in design. The rooms are simple and basic. Fresh white paint, white linens and beige carpet on the floors.

The bellman assisted us with our luggage as soon as the taxi pulled up. Took our bags to our hotel room as well. Everyone was friendly. The "resort fee" was annoying but I find all resort fees annoying. Just add the fee to the price of the room already!!

We stayed in the second building, not the building attached to the lobby. At first we did feel a little uneasy b/c our room was right off the sets of steps that connect to the dining area and door to the sidewalk.

However we never encountered any issues. The only time we heard noise was when the free breakfast was being served. We could heard other guest in the dining area. A little annoying b/c we did have a late night in South Beach. If we were staying longer I would have asked for a different room.

In any case, I will stay here again. I recommended this hotel to several of my friends. Even my friend who stay in luxury hotels. I am completely turned around and now I love "boutique" hotels. I think it's more personal.

Oh and staying on Collins was great. The location can not be beat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Adrienne,

Thank you for sharing this kind review. We are delighted our staff provided you with a “unique” and memorable experience. We are thrilled you fall in love with Blue Moon and cannot wait to welcoming you back to your new home in beautiful South Beach.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

What a great hotel, service and staff.
It is true that is small, but if you travel frequently, you know that all boutique hotels are like that so no worries!
It is so centrally located that you can literally walk everywhere in south beach and it is a safe zone.
The room was perfectly clean and it is very modern looking, great art walk. It is renewed and it has that perfect combination of modern with vintage.
I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Better the ones on the back since it is on one of the main streets (Collins Ave)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mangoosten

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Blue Moon and for sharing this kind review. We are pleased our staff provided you with an excellent service and fulfilled your expectations. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Blue Moon.

Location: The Blue Moon is just a block off Miami Beach -- since ocean drive is set back from the ocean, it isn't a big difference from the actual ocean-front hotels. I stayed at the Blue Moon while in town on business. My business was downtown, but the fun is on South Beach. The Blue Moon straddles this need quite well. It is in the very heart of the Art Deco District of South Beach, while being close enough to the 5th Street causeway for a cab to whisk you downtown in just a few minutes.

Hotel layout / condition: I found the Blue Moon in good condition and well appointed. I enjoyed the European feel of the sprawling layout. To get to my room, I walked through the lobby, the restaurant, a courtyard, and a sitting room. Everything was clean and well maintained.

Room: my room was spacious and had nice amenities. You'll see in my pictures that I had a king sized bed with plenty of room on both sides, a nice desk, a walk-in closet, and a well-sized bathroom with walk-in shower. Everything was nice and clean. The HD flat-screen TV was nice and had good channel selection. Several reviews mentioned the noise -- I had a very different experience. My room was perfectly quiet -- I couldn't hear any of the jack-hammering that was occurring just across street.

Extras: I really appreciate the free wi-fi, choice of newspapers, and on-site bar. I also took advantage of the $11 option of using the nearby Crunch Gym -- much better than any of the lame fitness center that hotels tend to have.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Keithcu

Dear Keithcu,

Thank you for your review and for all of your compliments, it means a lot to us. I hope to welcome you back soon. Please keep in touch and if I can ever be of assistance please let know, Emar erodriguez@bluemoonhotel.com