“Great location - but small rooms with noisy Air-Con” 4 of 5 bubbles

Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #46 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great location - but small rooms with noisy Air-Con”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This is truly a superb location for a hotel - just 2 minutes walk from South Beach / Ocean Drive. The staff were very friendly and helpful - and went out of their way to look after us.

The hotel has been refurbished and decorated well to be part of the Art Deco area, however, as per previous reviews, the rooms are very small - and it would have been a challenge to have stayed here much longer than our overnight stopover!

Disappointingly, the air-conditioning was a real let down - being very noisy - which meant we slept really badly. I suspect someone made a cost cutting decision during the refurbishment - not to overhaul this!

I understand that the hotel is not managed by Marriott itself - while being part of their wider group, but an upgrade to a quieter air-con system would be good to consider!

Bottom line: Great experience - but if I was coming back for a longer stay, I would look at alternatives.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 221MichaelB
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Michael B,

Thank you for your recent stay and view!

We are thrilled to read you had a great experience during you recent visit in Miami Beach. We are currently looking into resolving the noisy A/C in some of our guest rooms. I apologize you did not have a perfect stay due to the A/C. Being a light sleeper myself- I can relate to how disturbing the noise can be.

Please feel to contact me directly on your next visit to Miami Beach and I will personally handle your reservation.

Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a quaint hotel that offers water in the lobby and Sangria behind the front desk. The rooms are small but the staff is BIG on superior service. Fernando was exceptional in the bar area. Always helpful with information and he even stayed open a little late for my guests and I. Francisco was AWESOME. He was helpful on so many occasions and both were very genuine. While Fernanado and Francisco were mentioned in this review, all of the staff was pleasant and great. When I called down due to the closet light being out, the repair person was at my door within minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. I must also add that for the reasonable rate and level of service I would recommend this hotel to all. I surely will be back and I am already planning a return for a larger group.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view. I really had no complaints about my room but this hotel lends the impres...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank Lawrence H
Dear lawrence H,

Our goal is to make each and every guest feel they are at their home away from home. I am happy the read you had a lovely time and we look forward to your return visit.

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Positives- Nice bright, clean room. Polite and helpful staff. The manual elevator was cool! Location was perfect walking distance to everything. Negatives- Parking a little hectic, AC unit is loud and right above tv so it was hard to hear and runs constantly.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear BeachLoverFtMyers,

Thank you for you kind review!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will be glad to personally book your reservations.

Kind regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel is in a great location - very close to the beach, restaurants, bars and places to go out!.
Very clean and the staff are very friendly and are available at all times. The bartender, Fernando, was fantastic!! We enjoyed every minute.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank avz123
Dear Av123,

Thank you so much for your recent visit and for your wonderful review. I am glad you enjoy your stay with us. I look forward to your next visit.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

South Beach is my favorite vacation destination... Blue Moon is part of the Autograph Collection of Marriot Hotels so it is a nice opportunity to stay at a unique historic hotel and still enjoy the quality and amenities Marriot ensures.

Alexis at the front desk was the best! Definitely well trained in customer service! I respect great customer service and business owners who demand it at their business. Excellent service from the bell man to the cleaning staff and of course the front desk.

My friends and I enjoyed our stay and really liked the facility. Nice blend of old and new. The renovation was well done. The pool is really nice and the hotel offers a relaxing atmosphere in a bustling area of South Beach.

Excellent hotel, highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear PittHD,

Thank you for you recent stay with us and for taking the time to rate us. I was pleased to read about your great experience and the difference my staff made.

We are looking forward to your return visit!

Best,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my girls were spending a weekend in this hotel to celebrate our b-days! The staff was super friendly and kind! As soon as we arrived we were welcomed w a cup of sangria! Rooms were very nice and clean! Love the hotel's happy hour and amazing bartender Fernando made us the best Mojito in South Beach!!! Will come back! Definitely recommend!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Maire P,

It was an absolute delight to read about your great experience during your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satiation and take great pride in our guest and service. We are looking forward to seeing you again at your home away from home!

Carlos Sarmiento,
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife and I had a great weekend at the Blue Moon. The location was ideal and we walked everywhere. Hotel was clean and well kept.
The staff was awesome especially Sarah and Jaymee at the Front Desk but the "man of the hour" was Zorr. He really is the best and attended to our every need. He was friendly and we enjoyed our chats with him.
We will be back real soon. Keep up the great work!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlos_S185, General Manager at Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Bricebah,

It was an absolute delight to read about your great experience during your recent stay with us. My staff and I strive for 100% guest satiation and take great pride in our guest and service. Yes- Zorr, Sara and Jaymee are true rock stars! We are all looking forward to seeing you again at your home away from home!