“nice hotel close to the action”

Blue Moon Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #50 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“nice hotel close to the action”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2005

If you are looking for a clean, quiet place to sleep close to the action of south beach with reasonable prices, this place is great. It is around the corner from the Clevelander and the beach. I have no complaints about the hotel.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2005

Stayed here for two nights early January 2005. Never again!
The brochure looks good but this isn't Art Deco, this is tatty. The noise from the air-con, other rooms and alleyway made sleep impossible.
The small room features a bathroom with a glass door next to the toilet so only go with someone you wish to know better! As the toilet soon blocked along with others who were complaining at the front desk, you shouldn't be using the bathroom much anyway.
The room had a metal window frame that didn't close properly. As we were next to the darker side of South Beach life, the noise all night sounded like we were extras in a bad movie.
Unfortunately, this was not a movie, just a nightmare that the manager was not interested in, once he knew we had booked on Expedia.

• Stayed January 2005
2 Thank Paul_Ream_T2
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2005

I stayed at the Blue Moon Hotel in November 2004. Part of the deal was the use of 2 Bath Robes (did I really want them??) which were not in the room on arrival. The staff didn't seem to care whether they were there or not, but guess what, after I left they decided to charge $100 to my credit card for them!! My e-mails were not returned and only after contacting my tour operator (who acted on my behalf) did I discover what the charge on my Credit Card was for. Reading other people's review comments - this seems to be a common practice by the Hotel.

The sad thing is that I had a good time and thought the hotel OK (even if the room was rather small). I won't be returning or recommending this hotel to anyone

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2005

Our stay at the Blue Moon was first class. Fantastic location, friendly staff and there was even a pool (which many of the middle priced hotels lack). Our room was very comfortable and we spent a great night drinking cocktails in the bar.

2 Thank Roseymac1
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2004

My partner and I stayed at the Blue moon in the fall for 3 days with another couple getting a room as well. To start off, my friends arrived at 5pm to check in and when they went up to their room, it was still dirty from the past guest, so they had to wait a hour before they could get into their room...main problem there was the staff, they were not sorry about it at all or friendly what so ever.

Our room was fine, clean, small, but it was fine and the decor was ok...again, the staff was the problem...on one night I went down to ask where to get ice and the front desk clerk said they had to get it and would bring it up, an hour later I called because it still had not come up, they said it would be there in a moment...guess what? Yep, never came and by that time we were heading out to dinner.

The next night we were going to a concert and I called down for ice to have cocktails with friends before we went out, I told the front dest we need it asap because we were going out...guess what? Yep, never came! When we came down to go to the concert an hour later I said, forget the ice for 205, the front desk clerk said, "No problem" with attidude.
Blue Moon is a great location and like I said, the rooms were fine...but if you want a staff that gives a flip, this isn't for you...myself, I like a staff that is friendly and seems to care about your stay at their hotel.

We are going to south beach this month and trying out another Art Deco hotel...wish us luck!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2004

I stayed two nights out of five in Blue Moon for the Thanksgiving long weekend on November 2004 as they were fully booked. For the remaining 3 nights, they have arranged to put me in Winter Haven, one of their chain hotels. I was very impressed by the clean and quiet environment of the hotel as it does not have any pubs or restaurants on the front like many other similar hotels in the neighborhood do. The room and the entire hotel was tastefully decorated - a typical show case of the Art Deco area. The complimentary breakfast is provided by another chain hotel across the street. Lots of variety, including fresh fruit, cereal, coffee, juice, pastries, etc. People at the front desk are friendly and helpful. Absolutely a good deal.

4 Thank kwongkev
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2004

When we arrived at the blue moon they did not have the twin room we reserved available. Instead we were offered a king sized room, which faced the main road and was extremely noisy. The pool is tiny and the staff are not particularly competent. (apart from the concierges who were very good, but apparenlty only motivated by the prospect of a tip) The bar and the restaurant were also closed. However the hotel is in a great location, and although the rooms are tiny they are clean and well appointed.