“Some good and some bad”

Ranked #131 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Some good and some bad”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel is a mixed bag. The hotel is clean and the pool and beach areas are nice. The free tea and coffee all day is a nice touch. The hotel restaurant is excellent but doesn't get many customers after breakfast as it is a little souless which is a shame as the food is good. The beds were comfortable and the room as expected. I think they should have spent a little more on the refurb - clearly they have done the basics but if they had a gone a little further it would look better as it is now a mish mash of styles.

Now for the bad - the walls are not properly soundproofed - you can hear the conversations from the guests in the next room. I am a heavy sleeper so not bad for me but if you aren't this is not the hotel for you.

The real low point for me however was the fact that they had no shower facilities poolside at all - nor could they offer a courtesy room for 30 minutes to take a shower in there - I don't need anything grand just a basic working shower! With checkout at 11am and flights bound for London (and the rest of Europe) leaving in the evening this is pretty poor. When I asked the front desk they gave me conflicting information as to whether there was a shower and so I finally got the duty manager out to speak to me (she did everything she could to avoid it) and she just said we are not " a resort" in my opinion if you offer a pool and a beach you should offer a shower. She (and the rest of the front desk) had a complete lack of customer service and did not even try to find a solution (ie suggest a hotel where you could go for the day). As it was we went next door to the Fountainebleu and paid for a massage and used their fabulous facilities for the whole day (highly recommended).

On balance I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank anna7643
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for you excellent review. Each review provides us with the opportunity to address aspects of our hotel that might otherwise go unrecognized. You have made some excellent points and we are grateful. The hotel is currently a bit of a “mish mash” due to the fact that we are still renovating some areas of the hotel. There remains some old as well as some new. If we were getting married it would be fine (we have blue too) however; this was during your stay and clearly you were disappointed.
Chef Andres offers his thanks with regards to the compliments about his food and his only disappointment is that you weren’t traveling with the individual that posted the previous review.
I think our desk may have been confused about “the missing shower” due in part because the multi-nozzle shower is right at poolside. It is surrounded by a gorgeous Blue Sky Flowering vine and so they might have wondered if you missed it. The other thought is that the desk might have wondered about “your plans for the use of the shower” as it is “partially exposed”. This of course has not stopped people in the past from making “full use” of the shower; much to the dismay of onlookers as well as the alarm of our staff. It is after all Miami Beach….and Los Vegas doesn’t have a patent on “the unusual”.

During the time of your stay the hotel was “completely full” and the usual three “courtesy rooms” had been taken for individual guests. We are even more disappointed than you when this happens because we are very much an international hotel with guests arriving at all hours and they always arrive fatigued. Our most common complaint is that guest rooms are not available at the time of arrival. What arriving guests often fail to recognize is that they’ve arrived hours before their reservation takes affect….and their room currently is in the possession of another person.
We deeply regret that you were disappointed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Loma Linda, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Terrible hotel. Cost way too much for what you get. Paper thin walls, expensive parking, bad room service (I ordered room service three times and each time my order was messed up... And the "fresh salsa" was canned store-bought, and pancakes in the morning were cold.) I would not stay and this hotel again and would recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Heartsanddogs
Please accept my most sincere apology. It seems that we have disappointed you at every turn. A resort experience is very personal. What is wonderful to one is pure torture for another. While some aspects you share; we might have a contrasting opinion about…not parking…parking is a challenge for everybody including us. We must not only accept but embrace “the experience” you share and seek ways to improve our operation in order to achieve that “wow” factor for everyone regardless of perspective. We’re grateful for the feedback and will take action to improve.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family of 4 stayed at the hotel before going on a cruise. I used Starwood points, so the room was free.

The staff were helpful and eager to please. We were upgraded to an executive suite, which had more than enough room for the 4 of us. The room is clean, but tired. But no major complaints.

The kids really enjoyed the pool, and we all enjoyed the free happy hour with excellent crab cakes and wine tastings.

The best part of the hotel, however, is the location. The beach is just steps away. There are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby as well.

If you are wanting luxury during your stay, this is not the hotel for you. But if you are seeking good service, a decent hotel in a great location, this is worth considering.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TwoWas
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
THANK YOU. I love it when our guests understand what this hotel was intended to be. We are not a glamorous modern hotel. We ARE a newly renovated historic hotel with the best and most caring service on Miami Beach.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Front desk personal were kind, and eager to assist. Room service arrived within 30 minutes as they said. They made my stay relax full and stress free but what really delighted me was when I left my cell phone in the room and I was at the airport. Marco Estrada and Norman Velez were instrumental in getting my cell phone packed and shipped via UPS next day express. My cell phone arrived the next day! Would I stay there again? YES!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NoelleStJohn
mamidon, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Marco and Norman are always happy to assist whether it be leaping tall buildings, over-powering locomotives or returning cell phones faster than a speeding bullet. Come see us again soon.
NYC
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Was a little hesitant to book this hotel after reading all the negative reviews, but I had a pretty good experience with this hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location right on the beach was excellent. Decent rooms that are standard for Four Points.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your kind review. Please remember that the reviews shown represent less than 1% of our guests from the past 15 years.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I go to this hotel for years already and it has it´s ups and downs as far as service quality, but I must recognize that there was a significant services improvements - registration, restaurant, house keeping, valet parking. All staff was very respectful, friendly and always ready to help you. It was, I must say, a very nice experience. I was in a room facing the sea, that was renovated with new furniture and new bathroom.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Eduardo T
We appreciate the review and your loyalty.
Columbia
Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Nice rooms, clean and great service. Beachfront and great for the value
i would suggest this hotel to friends and family. Valet parking was a little slow but you can park across the street. great view of the beach

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael G
Thank you for your review. It is possible that we have over-compensated with regard to valet service. Having too often seen my car disappear in a cloud of smoking tires (while in the hands other valet) has likely affected me. Still I prefer we treat your car with the same respect with which we treat our guests; though it may require a few extra moments.