“Cheap and good”

Ranked #146 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
George Town, Malaysia
“Cheap and good”
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

Ok it's not a five stars hotel and it's not exactly new. But, at this price and for such a location (it's right on the beach), it's quite a bargain. Rooms are spacious and clean; all the amenities are there too, like in a more expensive hotel. The reception girl was not that smiling but who cares!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank pmdaguet
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again in the future and we will make sure the receptionist is friendly and smiling. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Please do not book this hotel. The staff are RUDE. The rooms are dirty! You dont even wanna use the shower as you will come out dirtier than you went in! I dont even no how this hotel is still open. The swimming pool worse than the southend sea. You cant even close your eyes and sleep as you are worried cockroaches will crawl up next to you. My poor god son was sick after we stayed here maybe it was all the mold on the walls and the floor. How the cleaning staff cleaned the hotel is beyond me as they looked like they needed a good scrub too.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Shujah12

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Springfield,NJ
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

I'm writing another review because I always use this hotel as an example!! I'm HotelBody & I travel a lot. Years ago it was my first time in MiamiBeach & @ that time the hotel was The Days Inn. Everything in this place was nasty, dirty & I have know idea why this place is still operating??!!!!! The elevator got stuck twice, the doors had been broken into, my view was a roof, the beds had a real foul smell, the tub was well just 4get that part, I'm not sure but I swear I seen a mouse but I can't be sure nor would I be surprised... Even though it's a new name, I'm sure by the new recent pictures it's under the same mgt so please please please don't stay here!!!!!! I'm so sad for those who were suckered in like I was years ago by bogus online pictures. PS, I didn't stay here in Oct 2011 but the date thingy doesn't go back to when I did so you have to pick a date to write a review.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Hotelbody
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I am a huge NBA fan and I had to visit the miami heat nba finals in south beach this summer... I stayed in this hotel because it offered a relatively cheap price when compared to all the other hotels, especially during such rush time when everyone wants a place to stay near the miami heat's stadium. Anyways, the hospitality was great, the rooms were very clean, and the staff was very friendly. Best of all, the price was pretty reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jacob T
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I loved my stay. Everything from the room to the staff. The overall value was excellent. If you are looking for a place to call home while in Miami, this would be it. This hotel should not be confused other hotels

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank evaninvegas
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Booked this hotel for a 3-day stay over a weekend, as many other hotels in the area seemed very expensive. We had a room with an ocean view, which was great, although the room itself was scruffy. It was a reasonable size, but badly in need of being refurbished, paper and paint peeling in places, not enough electric sockets nor a fridge, and beds definitely past their best! Thin walls, could hear an argument in the room next door. Pool area was good and there was access to the beach, although when returning you had to go back in via reception (not great in your swimwear!). Buffet breakfast available, at an extra cost, which was pretty good. Lobby bar, but closed quite early, and didn't have much range of draught beers. For the price we paid the hotel was acceptable, but with a bit of work to upgrade would be a much better choice in a good area of South Beach (walking distance to everything and well placed for public transport to airport).
We have done quite a bit of backpacking over the years and it struck me as bit of an upmarket Aussie hostel !!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Thunderjeff
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Upon arrival at our hotel, they would not allow us into our room until checkin time, no earlier.
Our room smelled moldy, old, sour and humid. We aired out the room by opening the door, but the smell still remained. The oceanfront view is okay. You get the beach oceanfront, however, you also have ugly roofs (dirt, leaves, grime, etc) to look at right below you. Instead of hearing the beach, you hear loud music from the bar/hotel next door.
Ceilings appeared to have leakage damage, based on the visable brown splotches spread across the ceiling. Trim around the windows were cracked and dirty. Our A/C unit appeared to be leaking, which was seen AND felt in the room on the carpet, as well as outside on our balcony.
The mirror of the bathroom (on the bottom right corner) was falling apart. Tiles in bathroom were cracked! Tub, although it was cleaned appeared stained and dirty.
Stains on carpet. Our door, even after you had locked it, it would still wriggle back and forth. So, we didnt feel safe within our rooms.
TV didnt work. Only a couple electric sockets to use. Drawers smelled awful of mold!! (soon as u opened them, you could smell it)
We only stayed since they couldnt refund our rooms and we paid 145 for it.
$1.75 an hour for parking! But, hours are free between 10pm-9am..
Only good thing about this hotel was the employees were friendly, and our beds were clean.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple