“Great Hotel for Business purposes”

Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach
Ranked #146 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Orland Park, Illinois
“Great Hotel for Business purposes”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I usually don't write reviews. However I thought I should write a review on The Seagull Hotel in regards to all the negativity posted on this page. I went early May and stayed there for the weekend for a convention located at the Miami Beach Convention center. Diana checked me in and Out and was very attentive as well as the rest of the Front Desk staff. I didn't have to pay for a taxi or take a shuttle because the Hotel is located about ten minutes from the Convention Center so I easily walked to work every morning. Which is about 4 to 5 blocks. This hotel offers free WIFI and you can use it no matter how long you need it for because it is FREE! most hotels charge a flat rate or charge for the data usage but not this hotel. I had room service every morning and the maid on the floor was nice and caring since I was alone and worked all day long. The sheets are clean, I did not find any hairs or rats like other people state. At night, I did go out with a few co-workers and we easily walked to Ocean Drive since the hotel is walking distance to there. I had a great time overall and this hotel is very great if you are on a business trip or need some time off. I recommend staying here. There is a safe charge of $2.26 and that is the only fee. Great Hotel. Don't listen to the other reviews.

Room Tip: get a high floor the seventh is a good floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review especially since you are not in the habit of doing so. I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Diana was very helpful. we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I read and was concerned with some of the reviews when this hotel was booked for my visit to Miami... Upon arrival - I seriously don't know which hotel those others believed they were staying in!! My experience from start to finish was beyond my expectations for the price at this location! All the amenities were operating, air conditioning was freezing, elevators working, pool sparkling and beach just outside the door (YAY!) My room on the 6th floor had a wall of windows that offered me a stunning view of the Atlantic morning and night. Walk in closet- wonderful housekeeping and plenty of space to stretch out and relax!
Let's don't forget the team... Nestor (mgr) has done a wonderful job assembling a staff of gracious hosts and hostesses who know how to care for travellers. I won't drop a ton of names ... but I felt very well looked after. ((Chef Robert works a miracle with omelets ;) )) The buffet each morning was hot & ready! A bright spot every morning as I set off to complete my errands and touring.
I will be returning again very soon- and will look forward to seeing my new friends at the Seagull Hotel :D

Room Tip: I loved the space on the 6th floor- views were wonderful day and night!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you very much for your review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. I have passed on your kind words to Nestor, Robert and the staff and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The staff were wonderful, the outdoor grounds were absolutely gorgeous, the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, the food was wonderful. I was there for a meeting and could not have been more pleased. I will stay there every year if I can! , and thanks Nester for all your assistance.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Nestor was helpful to you. We looking forward to seeing you again soon, please contact Nestor directly and he will be happy to make your reservation
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was having a small issue with my room and I was hesitant to ask for assistance due to being mistreated at other hotels but I was assisted by a lovely young lady named Judith I believe if my mind serves me right. Who was very sweet and changed my room to a better suite. This hotel has to be the best option for the price and the view. I definitely got my moneys' worth.

Room Tip: Speak to Judith.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your kind review. We were so happy to hear that Judith was able to assist you and you liked the room she moved you to. Please contact us directly when you want to return here and we will be happy to upgrade you. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My Fiancé and I wanted a quiet place by the beach to spend the weekend. We choose Seagull, it was very affordable and the location to die for. It's right at the beach. A very nice young lady checked us in, her name was Judith I believe. She was very sweet and went the extra mile to make our stay comfortable which was greatly appreciated. We will definitely come back for another weekend getaway and sure hope to see ms. Judith again.

• Stayed April 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you were happy with your stay and we will forward your kind words on to Judith. We look forward to seeing you again for your next weekend getaway. Please contact us direct we will be happy to upgrade you!
Reviewed 5 June 2013

As i was looking for a hotel to stay for my vacation for my anniversay. I notified the lovely reservation agent Shanna, we were on our honeymoon and she gave us a complemetary upgrade. Not to mention her outstanding phone etiquette skills! When i arrived to the hotel i was checked in by Gaby and she was very sweet and helpfull. I was very impressed with the the hotel based on the reviews i read. Yes it is an older hotel, its a a great price for the location. I did have one issue, but the front desk agent Diana had it quickly resolved. If you are coming here for a vacation on a budget, this is the spot for you!!

• Stayed May 2013
fkennedy, Manager at Seagull Hotel Miami South Beach, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Seagull Hotel. We were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words and we will let everyone know that they made your stay enjoyable for your anniversary. We look forward to having you celebrate your next anniversary with us please contact Shanna directly again and she will be very happy to upgrade you once again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This hotel could really be something if the staff wasn't so rude and with simple updating like better quality towels, updated head boards, new carpet, new tub's sink's and fixtures. I stayed at this hotel in december of 2011 and 2012 the last time I stayed there me and my friends all got sick from black mold. No parking, lazy staff, housekeeping is a joke!

Room Tip: ask for a balcony! Don't let them push you around, let them know you will leave reviews
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We were very sorry to hear that you were disappointed on your third trip here. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we let you down and we do take your concerns to heart. I am happy to tell you that we will be renovating this year so I am very confident that if youdo decide to give us another chance next year you will find a huge improvement and we will once again be your hotel to stay at in South Beach.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels