“Great hotel with perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Penguin Hotel

Penguin Hotel
Ranked #86 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great hotel with perfect location”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Going to Miami Beach. Check out the Penguin. Great location and unbelievable service with a smile. Ask for Anessa and Leo. They will take good care of you....can't wait to return. The rooms are immaculately clean and just the right size. Enjoy your stay

• Stayed February 2014
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Penguin Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review, you have truly made our day! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay, and that our staff took excellent care of you. We can’t wait to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My hubby and I booked this room last minute and were pleasantly surprised! The rooms were much more than I expected, the location was awesome and the free welcome drinks were a great plus! We ended up booking for an extra 2 nights! If Im ever back in Miami I will be booming here again!

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for the amazing review, we are thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay as our guest! Welcome drinks… the perfect start to a beach vacation, we are glad you enjoyed them! It is great to hear that you had such a fantastic time you extended your trip. We can’t wait to see you again the next time you visit South Beach.
Pensacola FL
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My stayed was a wonderful experiences, the room was very clean, large for one person.
The staff was very kind, helpful. Carmen at the front desk always was nice ready to provide what I need, David and Renzo best waiter, Laurence make sure I was taking care.
The location is perfect.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Penguin Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay at our hotel! Your praise of our staff is greatly appreciated. We will pass your compliments onto them; we know it will make them very happy. We hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach.
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I knew this hotel ; everything was fine, room, free cocktails, and person working there.
Special thanks for Carmen at the front desk, always nice helpful and smiling, David the best waiter, good proposal, efficient and taking care of everybody and Laurence, the restaurant manager which is the best smile of this hotel.
I recommend it.
Frederic Lénel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Penguin Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are very happy that you had such a great experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time you visit South Beach.
Bocas Town, Panama
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Ive stayed in Miami many times, I've stayed in some of the nicest hotels and this time because we only had one full day there, I went with the cheap option as I wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel. I thought Penguin was great for the price. It was significantly cheaper than the other hotels in this area and offered a great location. The girls on front desk were great, although the little balding man working the restaurant was my worst complaint. SO rude and unhelpful. Apart from that, I'd stay there again, I was happy with the room size, decor and level of cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and rates. It is wonderful to know that our front desk staff treated you so well. We are truly very sorry that you were not so happy with a member of our restaurant staff. We would love for you to reach out to us personally at vsuperno@penguinhotel.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 6 February 2014

So many things were wrong I don't even know where to begin.

* The lobby, restaurant, bar, and bathrooms were all within 10 feet of each other.
* The description of the rooms states double, but that does NOT mean double bed.
* I felt like I was in a motel.
* No remote control. No ice machines on any floor. You have to go all the way to the front desk for ice, and after 11pm, your out of luck.
* Room had a view of the alley and President Hotel next door (which was FAR FROM PRESIDENTIAL)
* Loved waking up to the sound of slamming dumpster doors, and the SHARED hotel staff going back and forth between hotels doing who knows what (obviously not cleaning).
* Hair and dust were everywhere. I'm not kidding you when I say I put my sneakers on after the shower, because they were cleaner than the floor.
* Bring your own extension cords because there is only ONE outlet in your room.
* The alarm clock is just for show. There is nowhere to actually plug it in.
* Not 1 single chair to sit on in the room, unless you sit on the bed or toilet
* Caught one of the restaurant wait staff eating a customers left over fries.
* The License to operate their elevator expired 2 years ago, and it only holds 3 people MAX.
* I wouldn't stay here again, nor would I recommend it.

Oh, the location is great, but that's about it!

Room Tip: A tip for all my fellow travelers: Read the reviews!!! If 3 out of 5 reviews are average, your sta...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Crystal K
We are truly sorry that you are unhappy with your recent stay as our guest. We would love for you to reach out to us personally at vsuperno@penguinhotel.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 February 2014

GOOD THINGS:
Location
Theme
Atmosphere at cafe style bar

BAD THINGS:
Dated decor.
Sun-faded curtains that were too small for windows.
Broken floor tiles.
Damaged fixtures and fixings.
Very loud a/c - couldn't put it on and sleep.
No TV remote.
Hidden resort fee scam.

CONCLUSION:
Very expensive for a bad quality hotel, only redeeming feature is the location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank AdamShadbolt
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Penguin Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
We are very glad that our location, theme and atmosphere all added to your experience at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy our décor, and that you felt our maintenance was lacking. We are excited to say that we have just recently finished some renovations and maintenance. We would love the opportunity to wow you with the results. We are also sorry that you felt so negatively towards our resort fee. When booking through all major booking engines, the resort fee is listed under the nightly rate as a “resort fee” or “hotel fee.” The resort fee is customary for our area; hopefully this may prevent you from experiencing an unexpected expense in the future. We welcome the opportunity to make things right.