“Excellent Service!!!!”
Review of La Flora

La Flora
Ranked #18 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed here with a colleague for one night in November 2012, prior to a conference at Doral. The room was very, very spacious: bathroom, living area, 2 beds, and windows onto the street and on the side. The hotel is very convenient to everything that South Beach offers - 1 block to the beach, and there is an excellent Italian restaurant, Spiga, just next door.

The room was recently renovated to a nice finish, very comfortable and clean, even though not luxurious. The price of the room seemed to be a little on the high side, but as mentioned, there was plenty of space, and I know that hotels in the area can be very expensive for what you get, so I would think that this hotel provides good value.

I made the reservation by phone, and spoke with Ros, the manager, who made me feel very welcome. Overall, the service at the hotel was excellent! I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank K&L092906
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

So nice to hear from you and I clearly remember chatting with you and finalizing your reservation and for myself as the GM it is a pleasure knowing you had an excellent time by your wonderful comment’s. Although only one night you did get to experience all we have to offer and I see you enjoyed the famous Spiga restaurant. Thank you so much for staying with us and taking time to share your experience !

There are newer reviews for La Flora

Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband my 2 year old daughter and had the most wonderful stay! The room was very spacious with a mini kitchen and separate seating area, the staff were friendly and so accommodating We couldn't of asked for more.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Danielle D
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Such a lovely short review with wonderful praise, we thank you and your family for enjoying your stay with us and when you have children with you it’s always nice to have a little extra space to swing those toys. Our wonderful staff offer customer service in a friendly efficient manner and we are all extremely happy that you enjoyed the extra 5 star treatment … Until the next time !

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Hotel was conveniently located, rooms were comfortable and spacious but not luxurious.
But exceedingly quirky:
At check in they insisted on making copies of both of our driver's licenses " so we will know who is in the hotel in case of fire." Insisted on payment of $25 in cash at check-in for valet parking service. Made a big desl of giving us two free drink coupons but when we ordered a beer and a glass of wine were told neither of those were usable as our free drink. Put a coffee maker in the room but no coffee to use in it. Etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Quirky, its definition shines through as either a little strange or cool and in this case it’s cool, because if you’re looking for a 5 Star luxurious hotel this is not for you but if you are ready to enjoy an historic Art Deco Boutique hotel providing simple pleasures with a 5 star charm then this is the place to be with outstanding service, centrally located and a cool vibe … We continue to offer our eagerness to correct any problems on our part to make all our guest’s stay comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

This was my first time in Miami as an adult and boy was this a great location for us to be in. Your a stone throw away from the beach and a host of great places to eat. Your also close enough to walk to where the night life is and it's located far enough away that the music will not effect your sleep. The rooms where nice,clean and tidy. They had everything you need. They where styled basic & modern (how you would think ikea would style a room nothing fancy just clean and comfortable).
The staffs service was second to non they where all genuinely nice and it was refreshing.
There was an English lady there that was a manager or poss the owner, I can't think of her name right now but thank you making our stay at your hotel for my 30th birthday a great one.

• Stayed: January 2013

Our central location is a great starting point for a wonderful getaway and welcoming our guests and making them feel at home is next and we are so happy we made your first visit to South Beach enjoyable and refreshing. Thank you both for choosing to stay with us, it’s always so nice to have a celebration and offering a little birthday cheer is part of our customer service. We thank you for your kind review and look forward to seeing you both again !!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

This was our first trip to Miami Beach. We were taking a three day cruise and wanted to spend a night in South Beach after hearing so many things about it. The hotels in the area were all pretty expensive, but La Flora was very reasonably priced for its location. The staff was fabulous! All 4 front desk people we were exposed to bent over backwards to help. They answered many questions and helped us pick out some excellent sights to see and places to visit. The rooms are simple, but very clean. The room itself looked new, and everything worked very well. Can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel room with hard wood floors. It was only a short one block walk to an amazing beach, there were hundreds of restaurants within a close walk, and a hopping club just two blocks away. We had a great time and highly recommend La Flora!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Overall you had a great end to your cruising vacation and I’m very happy you had the pleasure of staying the last night with us at La Flora to explore a little of South Beach. Our mission is to provide a warm welcoming smile and offer friendly customer service to the point of being fabulous and making sure all our guests are comfortable. This past year we have changed and improved many fixtures and fittings and continue each and every day and we are glad you had a great time, thank you for your kind review and high recommendations !!!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

The hotels at South Beach are expensive. A hotel like La Flora would probably cost a lot less most other places but on South Beach I would consider it of very good value.
At my early arrival I got a nice reseption and great service. When my room was ready, it was spotless and looket like it had been renovated reasently.
Its one block from the beach and all its caotic tourist restaurants.
Collins Avenue has a bit of traffic but it was not notable in my room. And the beds were great.
Only thing to be negative about was that the toilet was broken and I had to open it and stick my hand in the water (not the toilet...) and pull the plug. I didn't bother telling the reception until the next morning when I was leaving but it seemed like a hotel where they would fix this right away.
Bottom line- I would defenitly recomend La Flora, for South Beach it's good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Being centrally located, clean and customer service top notch what else could you ask for …. and what else could we ask for but a guest who takes on his own maintenance and pulls that plug and bottom line would definitely recommend !
A pleasure to have you as our guests and we thank you for a shining review … until the next time!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Miami Beach and mostly stay in smaller boutique hotels. I had to book a last minute business trip to Miami Beach in January; and read the past reviews of the Hotel La Flora on this website. I thought La Flora was worth a try as it was highly rated by past visitors and very economical. The hotel lived up to my expectations. The people, who worked here were lovely and very accommodating. My room and ensuite bath were large for a hotel of this type and everything was spotless.

The only annoyance was the ubiquitous SoBe "resort" fee of $11.20/day; but you do get free bottled water, continental breakfast, a welcome cocktail and beach towels.

I definitely would stay here again and have recommended it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Unless you like noise, rooms on the south side are best as there is a parking lot on the north side...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Ms. Ros G, General Manager at La Flora, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2013

Expectations are sometimes hard to live up to and I’m so glad they did for you as we strive to keep our standards of customer service and housekeeping to the highest level. Your wonderful review and recommendations are very much appreciated and we look forward to your return !!!
p.s. Wi-Fi is complimentary too …