“Amazing hotel Wonderful people!”
Review of La Flora

La Flora
Ranked #18 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Art deco hotel walking distance to all the action on Collins and Ocean Dr. Walking distance to lots of shopping, restaurants, decent night clubs, and 1 1/2 blks to the beach!
By far my favorite hotel, and we will be back! Thank you La Flora for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 February 2014

My bf and I stayed at La Flora the end of November 2013 for his 30th bday. We had a GREAT time! First, the location is perfect! I cannot stress this enough! We walked every single day all over the city. The beach (1 1/2 blks away, feels like less), shops (high end and low end), restaurants, attractions, night clubs, ect.. South Beach has it all, & La Flora was a PERFECT location! PS. this might get long, as I have lots of good things to say & a few tips to share!

One of the reasons we chose this hotel was because we had rented a car for the week, and La Flora offers reasonable rates for parking the vehicle overnight compared to other hotels in the same area. I think it was $20/day, but you may want to double check. It takes just a couple minutes for the attendants to grab your car (call down to the front desk, it will be ready when you are!). We did a day trip to Key West (LOVED IT! about 3 + hours from the hotel to the southern most point in the US), and we did another day trip to the Florida Everglades (LOVED that as well! I would recommend Everglades Holiday Park). Side note* the hotel has a pay-by-the-hour parking lot next to it which we used a few times out of convenience! We both thought it was just another little perk for our needs!

Next up, the staff! Every single person we talked to at the front desk was so helpful, and let us be annoying and ask a ton of questions! :) It was the same couple of guys working our entire week (until the last day) & we enjoyed chatting with them as they were very friendly! Even letting us check in hours early with no extra charge the first day! On our last day, we had mentioned that it was Josh's 30th a few days prior, and the woman checking us out (we think she must have been manager, or GM) waived our Hotel Fees! She said if the hotel would have known, they could have done something more! It was so sweet & an extra nice perk at the end of our trip! BTW, beware that all the hotels we looked at had random Hotel Fees that were like $10/day for the duration of your stay. I havent seen this in a lot of other cities/states. Also, the woman who made breakfast every morning was very sweet! Not very chatty, but super attentive & we enjoyed stopping in the lobby for a bite before heading out everyday! Lastly, the car attendants we pleasant & quick! Dont forget to tip the attendants and your breakfast lady!

Overall, I would recommend this place to everyone. Its a little Art Deco boutique hotel, in a perfect location, and not so many frills that the price sky-rockets! My bf and I both had a blast in South Beach & will be back again staying at the same hotel! We wanted something really nice, with a few amenities, not too spendy & great location... & we got it!!

Last minute pointers** gratuities are added onto the bill in Miami Beach so read up on that** food was kinda pricey all over the city ($50 average for us to sit down to eat) so keep that in mind ** everyone in FL (especially the Keys) moves at a much slower pace** south beach/tourist drivers are kinda crazy** relax, & enjoy yourself!!!!! We Love South Beach & Miami!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunny0404
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights for conference. 3rd year in a row attending his conference. First time at La Flora. Great hotel. Clean, great service, great location, and the price was great as well. Can't go wrong here.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I went to this hotel because of the affordability and more importantly the positive Tripadvisor ratings. At first glance, it honestly didn't look anything extraordinary. It was clean. The rooms were tidy. There were no extras. HOWEVER, this was made up with the spectacular customer service and location. From the hotel I could walk everywhere, so that is a plus. The customer service is what will lead me to be repeat customer. Examples, My friend was with me to celebrate her birthday we were given a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. I am a photographer that uses 120 film, they looked everywhere to find someone to develop it. Restaurant recommendations were good. Bakery for my friends cake and so on. Next time I am in Miami Beach La Flora is where I will stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Having just left a very luxurious cruise ship we travelled to la Flora South Beach Miami not sure what we would find. We were pleasantly surprised as this wasn't an expensive hotel we chose it for the location of the Art Deco area that we really wanted to see.
It has a nice feel and the lounge/ reception area was well decorated and furnished in keeping with the theme of the area. Carlos on reception gave us a warm welcome and was extremely helpful with all our questions eg, where's best to eat, see and shop. We only stayed two nights but crammed so much in with the help of Carlos (thanks again if you read this Carlos)
We had a small suite, we didn't book this but were pleased with it, although a little tired looking it was clean and comfy with big rooms with 2 double beds.
We also had the breakfast in the morning which had a choice of bagels, cereals, fresh fruits, juice and coffee, we didn't expect this.
If we return to South Beach we would stay again as we were also give a discount for returning.

Room Tip: Only one street from Ocean Drive which was great for people watching but cheaper to stay here
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Nice art deco district boutique hotel located on Collins near 13th street. Staff is very friendly and helpful, including Carlos and Evelene. One block off Ocean Drive, metered parking lot next door and parking garage nearby, rental bike rack 50 yards away (on 13th), Starbucks around the corner on 12th & Washington, C store & liquor store nearby and the best authentic cuban restaurant (David's Cafe) just down on corner of 10th. We took cab from airport for flat rate $32 and it took about 20 minutes door to door. Easy walk to restaurants and shopping including Espanola Way. We walked to Lincoln but that may be a bit far for some.

Room Tip: South side away from parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brokerdt1
Reviewed 22 January 2014

So I drove down to Miami (I live in Sarasota) for the first time a week ago. I met a good friend from NYC there with plans to celebrate my birthday. This hotel was new for both of us, and from the time we checked in until we checked out 4 days later, it was seriously one of the best experiences I've ever had in a hotel! The hotel is lovely - small, but in an incredible location right near Ocean Blvd. It's simple but had everything we needed - fridges were standard which was a relief as I had medication that required it. The staff were just amazing! Very, very helpful, courteous. They handled an requests we had in a timely and professional manner. From the front nice desk people, to the courteous valets to the wonderful manager Roz. She hand delivered a bottle of champagne on ice to my door on my birthday - gratis! She gave us excellent recommendations for dinner and the staff gave us some nice options for dancing/ clubs. The complimentary breakfasts were perfect - casual and yummy, with plenty of options. I cannot say enough about how enjoyable our stay was at La Flora! We will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends