“YOUR BETTER OF SLEEPING ON THE BEACH THAN AT THIS HOTEL”

Atlantic Beach Hotel
Ranked #208 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2010

This place is dirty disgusting crappy I was booking a vacation with my fiancee and had no idea that this hotel was going to be like this, the minute i arrived from the airport I wanted to turn around and go back home, if we couldve gotten our money back i wouldn've stayed a minute. The place is nasty and dirty everywhere. the building looks like is 200 years old specially the way they had the ac hoocked up the gatto way taped up to the wall the sheets were dirty the maid sucked she only came in to change our bathroom trash and that was it and she expected to get a tip for her bad service. Nobody speaks english in that place except for one person, there was no cold water in my room so they switched our rooms then there was no hot water in the other one. Are you serious? You call this a hotel, it;s not even worth a dollar a night just sleep on the beach and stay away from that hole.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobbyandMima2010

Reviewed 31 May 2010

DO NOT ENTER!!!! First night we checked in our rooms smelled like dirty wet towels. The shower curtain had an unidentified gelatinous substance, the air conditioner wasn't working and being held up by tape, there was a big hole in the wall, the sheets weren't cleaned. After a few complaints to the front desk, we finally switched rooms to a supposedly "better room"... Come to find out our tv wasn't working... yet again the air conditioner did not work and none of the outlets to worked. This place is obviously not maintained and i dont even know when it has been... But afterall the mess, the security guard James was the best security guard. He made sure we were well taken care of if we were in any trouble.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1lovefood
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Please stay away from this "hotel"...I stayed there for 2 nights with my friends because we were on budget and thought that we could survive , but believe me it is better to pay couple of bucks more and go to other place where at least you gonna have clean bed and good customer service....Parking is ridiculous...They can only acommodate 6 cars and one of them is always occupied by front desk employee who told me he was gonna leave by midnight and then I could take his spot. Is not that funny?....Only one person you can ask anything you want to know is a cuban guy who works night shift....At least he will try to do his best ....

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank NinkiNini
Reviewed 7 March 2010

Only good thing is location - in walking distance between south beach restaurants and shops.
SERVICE is bad and they don't care.
-internet connection is slow and only in the lobby.
-room was dirty, floor is granit!!!! They call it "luxury granit floor" which is horrible.
-SMELLS BAD EVERYWHERE
- windows as dirty as couldn't be opened
-room service did't worry to change the sheets in proper way and just put sheets and blankets on the bad!!!
-breakfast is just coffee and OLD croissant till 9:00 AM!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank anttraveller85
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Rooms very cold, no heat and front desk person rude. Elevator out of service had to walk stairs.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I could not sleep at all due to the noise being made by some people on the Hotel Property. You would think the staff would call the police but the noise went on from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. At one point they set off an alarm on one of the cars parked right below my window. Also, the doors of the room do not shut slowly like most hotels, they slam shut waking you up each time someone enters a room in your hallway. The staff gave me the key to my room and when I went to the room and opened the door there were still guests in the room! Terribly run, terribly operated. I had my elderly parents and expected the elvator to work, but no one warned me ahead that the elevator was not working.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank HoustonRunner
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I can not even begin to say how bad the experinec was for staying at this nasty, nasty hotel. Had it not been Super Bowl 2010 weekend and something else were available we so would not have stayed. We even considered just staying up outside all night instead of returning to the room. Other guests we spoke to were on the same thoughts. One guest we spoke to had been out partying too much, he and his roo mate passed out and their room was broken into while they were passed out and all of their valuables were stolen.

The morning we left they said the only good thing about today was getting the hell out of the Atlantic Beach Hotel. None of us had slept due to the big fight in one of the room which went on for hours before the Miami police arrived. Once the police arrived it went on for another hour.

Had we had the opportunity to stay somewhere else on this Super Bowl weekend we would have went for it immediately. The lobby should have told us to get the hell out. The broken down elevator had us walking up three sets of stairs. the parking ticket we received because there is no free parking and we were 4 minutes late to add dollars at the parking kiosk. This place should be condemed. I have said enough. A picture say a thousand words. Here are some I took before running out of this dang place as early as we could that morning. This sure as hell is no place for kids!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple