“Heavenly Views”

Seacoast Suites Hotel
Ranked #174 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We arrived in town a 2 days early of our scheduled cruise leaving Miami. We stayed at Seacoast Suites. The two bedroom suite was clean and adequate, albeit a little dated and in need of upgrading and the pictures were a little misleading. We loved that we were able to cook some of our own meals with it's kitchen. What was the most enjoyable was the fact that the view from our suite was beautiful and being able to walk right onto the beach a plus. The balcony face the beach and the place was very close to everything we wanted to see. My only complaint was front desk staff and beach pool personnel were not friendly at all and always seemed like they were bothered when we inquired about anything. The little store on the property was a very convenient amenity and very well stocked with everything needed to make our stay very comfortable. I also want to mention that the cost for parking our car was a little bit pricey but the valet gentlemen were friendly. Overall, if you want a comfortable, clean place to stay without all the frills, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GriegoFamily

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The property was not as described in pictures. It was very dated and in need of upgrades, especially to the bathrooms. We booked connecting rooms, but there was no internal connection. so we had to exit the room, and walk down the corridor to access the 2nd room. On arrival our beds were not made; a blanket was thrown over the pillows on one of the beds giving a very scary appearance. We immediately requested a room change. Parking fee was not communicated at the booking. Overall I was disappointed with the quality.

Pros: Our rooms had nice views, and the valet was convenient

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nordia M
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

The reason my review overall isn't good is because Seacoast Suites in my opinion falsely advertised the room. They have pictures of these nicely renovated rooms but then when you arrive & check in the room they give you its NOTHING like the picture. The rooms are out dated , my room didn't have a beach front view. Both rooms , my outdated room and the renovated one which I made them give me both faced Collins Avenue (the road). They only have 8 renovated rooms so before you book call & make sure you get a good one. The girl Isabella (I believe that's her name ) was very helpful because I was about to leave. But after she moved me to the room I thought I payed for initially I ended up staying. All in all I don't think I'll return, you shouldn't put up pictures for thousand of people to see and lure them in but can't deliver!

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Mocaa
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night before a cruise with 2 families in 2 ocean front suites.
The view from the one balcony was great, everything else about this hotel was awful.
We were not welcomed at the front, the bellhop told us we were not allowed to bring our luggage in, that we had to go through a seperate entrance outside the hotel lobby to a servicing elevator. The quality was awful for the price we paid for 2 large rooms. Hot water did not work at some points. There is nothing in this area to walk to so you will have to catch a cab to go to South Beach or anywhere for that matter.
It is located directly on the beach but the pool facilities were terrible, pool was cold so stick to the ocean.
We all agreeded we would not be coming back here, the pictures look nice online but don't be fooled. This place needs a major renovation. The beds came with old blankets & the bathrooms were not cleanly at all. I would not recommend this hotel to friends in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AG_Canada1
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed there on 4/4 and had a terrible experience. Low quality rooms, unfriendly staff and a permanent smell in the lobby. Also, know that check in is only available until 11pm. When I arrived, only the parking staff was there. My friends had left me key, but there was mass confusion. For my money, I would say at the alexander which is right next door.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sameer A
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Ended up there for one night after our hotel was overbooked.
This place is old and terrible. I wish I could say it is at least cheap, but I can't because it is not.
I am talking only about the facilities and the building, of course. The staff might be friendly and all, but the place looks like terrible.
It is very clean though.
Overall: not recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saul L
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The staff at the front desk were among the most accommodating people I've ever met. Our reservation had been botched by the rental agent, not the hotel staff. The management at the hotel spent 1/2 an hour to accommodate our need for a two bedroom suite. I cannot say enough about how grateful I am to them for making sure we not only had a room, but the two BR suite we needed. The location is perfect for couples or families. The beach is quiet, almost private. The pool area was not crowded. While we had at 1st hoped for a beach views, the balcony view of the Miami skyline, especially at sunset & at night was amazing. Bus lines run right out front if you don't want to drive. If you have a car, parking (valet) is $15/day. Southbeach shops/restaurants are about a 20 minute drive with traffic but I'd suggest heading up to 69-71st st blocks on Collins Ave for some great ethnic restaurants. The hotel itself is a bit dated but is well kept. The rooms were clean, beds were fine and the rooms were quiet - even at night. We would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The ocean view is nice in the AM/sunrise, but at night it's a pretty dark ocean. The Miami skyli...