“Great!”
Review of Ocean Reef Suites

Ocean Reef Suites
Ranked #122 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This place is really good: Fair price, well located, very clean rooms and very very very accommodating staff. I find the kitchenette to be very helpful and you get free coffee and wi-fi.

Did I mention its clean? Thats basically my main thing when I try new hotels and I always felt good here.

It's my second stay and apart from some isolated noisy episodes from the alleys nearby (which would happen almost anywhere in this location of the city), I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to spend money on something else than hotel rooms, there is so much more to enjoy here!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Thank you! We are very glad you chose our hotel twice! We certainly look forward to many more visits in the years to come. Best regards!

There are newer reviews for Ocean Reef Suites

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Great price and location. Friendly, helpful staff. The bathrooms are run down a bit but it's an older apt building made into a hotel. We heard the truck others talk of at like 8am and it was in and out. I wouldn't have even noticed it if it weren't for reading other people's reviews. Breakfast in the front is great, eat there.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thanks a lot for your review, which we are sure will help many travelers who might be wondering about the noises from the truck in the morning. We also want to share that most windows have been replaced in those few rooms that face the alley. Therefore, the noise has been significantly reduced.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

The two ladies up front were extremely professional and accommodating. The welcoming vibe I received from them made me feel comfortable in confirming my stay there. The room was ideal to my standards. In addition, the cleaning staff was timely and efficient.
In conclusion, the location opened my eyes to Ocean Reef Hotel, the room enhanced my interest, and the two lovely ladies up front confirmed my decision to stay at the Ocean Reef Hotel.

Uril Parrish

• Stayed: February 2012
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you! And regards from the two ladies at the front desk! We all enjoyed your visit :)

Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel is on a very busy street and has very old windows without any sound buffer. They did update the rooms by putting in nicer furniture but everything looks very worn and not exactly super clean. I would assume that is due to the age of the building. We first stayed in room 410 which is directly on Collins on the second floor. DO NOT STAY IN THIS ROOM. They should turn it into storage or something. You will not get any sleep in this room. due to all the cars with base and people walking/talking. We moved to room 411 which was not even half the size of 410 but it was at least in the middle of the building and much quieter. Three things to note: make sure to bring your own toiletries, you never know what the housekeeping staff will leave you (all shampoo, conditioner and one facial soap; shampoo and lotion; bath and body soap with shampoo). It was kind of a surprise to see what you got each day. Second, both rooms we stayed in had broken bathroom windows. They would not close at all. We were told it was because they were historic and they were not allowed to replace them. I am not sure why they could not get them fixed. Lastly, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Each time we had to go to the front desk we were created professionally. If the hotel wasn't so old and dingy (you can't hide everything with a coat of paint) I would stay again just because of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you. We just want to tell you that we are slowly renovating the rooms. Carpets have been replaced and windows are slowly being changed as well. We are sorry you had to change rooms and surely appreciate your feedback. Finally, we want to extend our gratitude for recognizing our dedicated staff. Your words are the best reward to us.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Hi! I staid in Miami for 3 days from 4 to 7 of february of this year with my boyfriend, and we reserved a one-room apartment..it was very nice and clear...the bed was medium large, and there are a little table with plates, glasses,a microwave, a frigo and shower with bath..
The room wasn't noisy but the air-conditioner was...In Florida everywhere we staid, we found all air-conditioner noisy, so don't worry of it.
the receptionist was very friendly, and the location of the hotel was very strategy, because it was next to Marlin Hotel, near Sturbacks, near bicycle rent and the park...Miami is full of park, and our park where we kept the car was at 2 minutes by hotel. We spent 75$ in 3 days...the parks cost about 20-25 $ by day... I hope, I help you

3  Thank linda b
ORSuites, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Reef Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Grazie! We are sure your review will help many travelers. Our best regards to you and your boyfriend.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Very well located in the Art Deco area of Miami Beach. Rooms with kitchenettes are very convenient for preparing breakfasts.Staff very friendly and helpful .In the same building but not part of the hotel one finds travel agent , money changer , cyberplace , coffee shop and a mini market.The ratio price/quality is correct.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GuyCarnac

Thank you for highlighting the best points about our hotel. We now want to say something about you: You are VERY nice! We enjoyed your visit and hope you chose as again :)

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I had an amazing stay at this hotel from my first step in. my husband surprised me for our anniversary and everything was so romantic.
the staff, very friendly and helpful
The hotel itself is in a great location, just a couple of minutes walk from the beach and Ocean Drive and all the restaurants and nightlife.
The room is as pictured and for a 3 star not bad at all.
He booked directly with the hotel, and check in was a breeze. We had a room with one queen bed and sofa bed on the ground floor. The access was secure, with electronic keys, beds were comfortable, and it was very quiet. We did stay on a weekday, so there wasn't much going on nearby.
Loved this place and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 308 is a very good option if you get to choose one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks and warm regards on behalf of everyone at the Ocean Reef Hotel. We hope you visit us again soon!