“A "come back again" restaurant!”

Essensia Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Essensia Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 1,090 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 30th Street
Description: Essensia Restaurant follows a farm-to-table philosophy, offering a seasonal selection of wholesome global cuisine with emphasis on premium local and sustainable ingredients. Working with local farmers and carefully selected purveyors, Essensia’s menu features healthful and flavorful dishes made with produce, meats and seafood primarily sourced from within the State of Florida. Essensia’s exclusive wine list is committed to being sustainable, organic or biodynamic and has been selected for sharing Essensia’s mission to be good for you and the environment. Essensia is open 7 days per week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Essensia offers discounted valet parking rates for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
Toronto, Canada
“A "come back again" restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

What a great surprise...my first time here and my first meal was a lunch as I had just come in from a number of meetings offsite and ordered the albacore tuna sandwich at Essensia....I know it was a tuna sandwich but I have to say it was one of the best tuna sandwiches I have had. I then really looked at the menu and had all my dinner meetings and lunch meetings there for the next three days. I soon found out that the Chef (Julie Frans) and the Essensia’s culinary team cook in a ‘natural gourmet’ fashion with all their dishes being globally inspired, really healthy but also very flavorful. Great dinner options...over the course of three nights my guests and I ordered most of the seafood items on the menu.....seriously, they were all very well done and presented beautifully on the plates. I have spoken about this restaurant to so many locals and tourist now. Two favorite starters were the Kale Caesar and the Haloumi cheese (Lebanese cheese if I am not mistaken). There is a connection here with Lebanon as she also had Za'atar used in two or three dishes which I personally loved.

2 Thank SavvyTraveler738

Ocala, Florida
“Sooo slow!!!!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Enjoyed two days at the Palms! We ate as a group of 8 at Essensia for dinner. The prices were high and the service was very slow. We waited, and waited and waited!!! The food itself , when it did come was good, but not worth the long wait. I would probably not be inclined to eat there again!!!

• Visited December 2013
“stunning food in beautiful setting”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Beautiful South Beach setting that offers outstanding and creative food. The "signature" red snapper was amazing as was everything else. In a party of 10 we had not one sub-standard dish.

2 Thank Malte S
Toronto, Canada
“Good food, but over-hyped”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a nice, tasty dinner at Essencia. I would rate this somewhere between "Average and Very Good". The location of our table was lovely, on the terrace. Our server was quickly, but OK. My vegetarian plate came with some of the wrong items - some I had ordered, others I had not, and overall it was quite over-priced, even for Miami Beach.

• Visited November 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“........very nice meal!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

........The servers are very polite and knowledgeable about the menu. Chef Julie has a very fresh and innovative menu. I could eat her Thai soup every day......Yum

Visited November 2013