1,973 results
All reviews espanola way two blocks south beach balcony overlooking lincoln road ocean drive rooms are small yogurt valet parking complimentary breakfast coffee maker restaurants and shops location is excellent night life fridge miami nightlife
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I read a couple of the bad reviews so I was a bit unsure, but my stay was fine. Yes there is a restaurant on the ground floor, and some people complained about the noise so I asked for an inside room. There was no view but I didn’t care. It was hot in Miami so I kept the curtains closed to keep the sun out. The linens were very basic, but I always pack my own nice pillowcase when I stay at a budget hotel. My A/C unit was quiet, newer and worked great. I liked having a fridge and a TV. There were about 19 channels, which was great and the TV had a sleep timer which for me is a big deal. The sleep timer helps me fall asleep when I travel, but I hate to wake up with the TV still on (and it’s a waste of electricity). Most of the staff were nice, one guy was a bit blah, but overall everyone was nice. My emails with questions were answered very promptly and this hotel is easy to get to - use the 150 bus for only $2.35, that bus runs about every 30 minutes (you can get more info online). The room was a decent size. I had the room one step up from the budget room. The location is great and if noise bothers you don’t go to Miami Beach in the first place. Like I said, my inside room was quiet and frankly the restaurant with its outdoor seating was very charming. Espanola Way has a lot of character and I found that very comforting every night when I returned to the hotel. I do wish they in-room safe was big enough to fit a laptop, on the flip side the Wi-Fi was included and very reliable, a big plus! Don’t be scared by a couple bad reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Christopher M
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here for one night and thank God only one night.

It wasn't COMPLETELY ghetto, but it was pretty ghetto. I know they're in the midst of renovating the place so I guess there's that to look forward to. I am not sure what it will look like after the renovations or how long the renovations will take, but I know they're keeping the carpeting in the rooms because they don't have enough money to use tile or something else. Nasty.

I had room 310 if I remember correctly. It was small. Very basic. It had a bed with what seemed to be clean sheets. A small bathroom with towels provided. AC. A ceiling fan. A really small balcony. A TV. A fridge. A safe. A night stand. A dresser. A few roaches. I paid almost $100 with all the taxes.

Great location though, right on Espanola Way and pretty near to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Budget hotel. In the heart of Miami Beach. Next to Española way. Great location!
Few steps of the beach. Mini markets, bars and clubs all around. The hotel s bar is nice. Ask for a Mojito! U ll not regret it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I´be been to Miami several times now, but the first time I was there I stayed in this small great hostel right in the center of South Beach´s social and night life attractions.
The Hostel is located on the intersection of Española way and Washington ave, a couple of blocks away from world famous Ocean Drive and its cool cafes, bars and restaurants and the beautiful beaches of Miami.
The hostel has a young atmosphere, with people coming from every corner of the world. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable and great value according to the service. The people at the front desk was a bit arrogant so I avoided them for rest of the days of my stay.
On Española way there are many good restaurants and the street is always crowded making of it another spotlight in the night of South Beach.
I am already planning my next visit to Miami and planning to stay at The Clay again. Looking forward to be there next summer!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I just spent 4th of july weekend at the Clay Hotel in South Beach and I was very disappointed. Our room was very small with bare walls and a tiny tv. We found hair in the bath tub, inside the refrigerator and stuck to the hairdryer in the bathroom. To make things worse the AC unit was so loud we were having a hard time sleeping.
I complained to Jose at the front desk, who said that they were fully booked and he couldn't give us another room at the moment.
Jose was very nice but I can't say the same about other front desk attendants who were plain rude to us. We were told by one attendant to let them know the night before our departure what time we needed a taxi for so they could call it for us in time and when we went over to do so the lady at the front desk (which wasn't the same one as the day before) gave us an attitude and told us to just call the taxi in the morning. It seemed like she didn't want to be bothered with us.
Another time we called the front desk asking for an iron and they told us to go pick it up!!!
I won't be staying at the Clay hotel again. That's a pity because the location was fantastic, we enjoyed the restaurants and how close it was to the beach,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple