1,973 results
All reviews espanola way two blocks south beach balcony overlooking lincoln road ocean drive rooms are small yogurt valet parking complimentary breakfast coffee maker restaurants and shops location is excellent night life fridge miami nightlife
Reviewed 14 August 2013

It's a few years ago and the Hotel has been renovated in the mean time. I remember how we liked it from beginning on. It is near everything like the sea, the Shops, and the nightlive. Smal but clean and a friendly atomsphere - just what joung people like.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Discoverer77
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I never expected anything so nice, we pulled up the valet came right to us, charge only $20.00 for 24 hours, free in and out, went to check in the room was ready and waiting, the staff was always smiling and ready to help, I loved the central location right next to Esplanda Way had a great night walking around, when I got back to the hotel, we were able to shut the door and go to sleep. The beach was two blocks away, the room was clean, the restaurants and bars were all walking distance. I am already ready to book my next trip.

Room Tip: If you want excitement choose a room with a balcony so you can people watch. If you want quiet choose a back room. But who wants quiet in South Beach
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am pleased with my choice if the Clay Hotel. I have been here 2 nights & will be here 2 more.

There are some spartan rooms here which need refurbishment. When I checked in, I was given room # 101 which is one of those rooms. I would have taken it given the room rate (honestly, you can't beat the value here). But I asked if a newer room was available and the front desk man was able to move me to room # 151 which is where I am now.

This room is clean, newly furnished & well maintained. The bed is very comfortable. While my room faces right down to Espanola Way, the noise level is more than tolerable. I can barely hear it.

The rooms I've seen are small, but similar size wise to what you'll get in any major city. I can tell you there are hotels within walking distance of the Clay which will charge you almost 2X the price of this room & be no bigger or better furnished.

I am happy to give this hotel a positive review.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank jecceh
Reviewed 27 July 2013

It IS on a great spot, walking distance to Lincoln Rd. and the beach, but it's way overpriced, the building is old, and the carpet aswel. Rooms are small and the whole place had a weird smell. I doubt of the cleanness of the bathroom, the shower and the floor.
I do have to point out that the shower had hot and sufficient water and I never had a problem with the a/c. The bed was not that comfty but can't complain.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea F
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I read a couple of the bad reviews so I was a bit unsure, but my stay was fine. Yes there is a restaurant on the ground floor, and some people complained about the noise so I asked for an inside room. There was no view but I didn’t care. It was hot in Miami so I kept the curtains closed to keep the sun out. The linens were very basic, but I always pack my own nice pillowcase when I stay at a budget hotel. My A/C unit was quiet, newer and worked great. I liked having a fridge and a TV. There were about 19 channels, which was great and the TV had a sleep timer which for me is a big deal. The sleep timer helps me fall asleep when I travel, but I hate to wake up with the TV still on (and it’s a waste of electricity). Most of the staff were nice, one guy was a bit blah, but overall everyone was nice. My emails with questions were answered very promptly and this hotel is easy to get to - use the 150 bus for only $2.35, that bus runs about every 30 minutes (you can get more info online). The room was a decent size. I had the room one step up from the budget room. The location is great and if noise bothers you don’t go to Miami Beach in the first place. Like I said, my inside room was quiet and frankly the restaurant with its outdoor seating was very charming. Espanola Way has a lot of character and I found that very comforting every night when I returned to the hotel. I do wish they in-room safe was big enough to fit a laptop, on the flip side the Wi-Fi was included and very reliable, a big plus! Don’t be scared by a couple bad reviews.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo