“A Boutique Gem”

Sense Beach House
Ranked #66 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“A Boutique Gem”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a one night to get away when we found this gem. We are Miami locals and just wanted to relax and rejuvenate.

We walked in and were immediately greeted by morning concierge (Chris). He walked out and helped us with our bags. Valet is $29. It took no more than a couple minutes and we were shown to our room. We were given a free upgrade to a partial ocean view, balcony access room.

The room was large with beautiful with beachy themed decorations. The room was equipped with bathrobes, iron & ironboard, assorted snacks and drinks, safe, and bath slippers which were comfy. The balcony had a great view of the city as well as a decent view of the beach for a non-oceanfront property. The tv was a pretty large 50 something inch LED. The bathroom comes with all shower soaps and shampoos. You can also ask for extra towels and soap for free. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever been on.

When we came back down to the lobby there was another concierge (Anthony). He explained to us all the extra amenities we had received by paying their $8.50 resort fee (beach stuff, unlimited wi-fi, and promotional passes to local businesses). He then went on to recommend local bars and restaurants (as a local I already knew some of them but great recommendations nonetheless).
We spent a couple hours out to town and when we returned we asked about dinner. Anthony ended up helping us choose a place (Prime 112) and he went ahead and made reservations.

Dinner was delicious and we ended up going to Radio Bar after for drinks. When we came back to the hotel we were greeted by a third concierge (never got his name). He greeted us like the other two and we headed upstairs and turned in for the night.

Next day we went up to the pool on the roof and had breakfast while getting some sun. Their in-house restaurant (The Local House) is phenomenal and they have a great unlimited mimosa special. Finished up breakfast and went back to the beach before checking out.

Checkout time is noon but the hotel will hold bags for you if necessary. Yessey, their other morning concierge, was very sweet and checked us out quickly. She even gave us some ideas of what to do on SoBe before heading home.

Amazing experience. Definitely recommend it and would go back for my next mini-vacation. Next time I would bring my own liquor though cause it can get a little expensive at the bars. Shout out to the concierges. Their service was awesome and made my stay all the better.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Amamemusic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this beautiful boutique hotel mid June with my girlfriends and I have to say the Sense Beach House blew me away! From the decor in the room, lobby and restaurant to the extremely attentive staff! Let me just break it down for ya!

The local house restaurant:
This restaurant for being fairly new is beyond words! The food was delicious! I was taking a look at the reviews on yelp.com and everything stated is absolutely true! Bottomless mimosas was the top notch for our everyday brunch!

Sense beach house hotel :
As soon as I walked in to check in, the first thing I noticed was how quickly I felt at home, and relaxed. The lighting, the decor, the beachy feel to this hotel is stunning. The concierge that checked me in was all smiles and very helpful with tips on what to do and where to go. The room I had was room #3, which is a corner room with wrapped around balcony. Beautiful view! The beds were out of this world! I felt rejuvenated every morning! The rooftop pool is perfect to relax, read a book and listen to their 80's music they have playing!

I've never felt so relaxed in a hotel, especially one in south beach! This hotel is perfectly located! Far away from all the noise but definitely close to everything. I'm truly happy I came across this beautiful hotel! Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Yess92
Reviewed 21 July 2013

If you are like me, you don't crave the posh, super swank and overpriced vaction stays where no one truly cares or knows your name-but hey, they have "hot chicks"by the pool that won't talk to you either. I decided to avoid those soulless places and look for more intimate, personal and attention-to-detail hotels that treat you like a long-lost friend staying over the weekend. SENSE BEACH HOUSE is every bit a top notch hotel, with that "Welcome home, friend!" feel. You are in Miami , but you could swear you have been transported to your coastal surf pad or the beachy house you always dreamed of owning. Part Hamptons, part Malibu and a generous helping of Hawaii; rustic lanterns and reclaimed fixtures; compelling "barbie" art and books left here and there and always in arms reach just when you need them. The crew are all willing, charming and knowledgeable about the hotel, their solid menu and inspired summer cocktails. Beach access and the pool are both aces while staying here. The longer you stay, the more nuances and grandeur unfold. I found myself showing people I just met around and talking about the art , perfectly designed rooms and service as if I've stayed here my entire life. Maybe this is the true appeal of SENSE BEACH HOUSE...that all the work, creativity and professionalism are so perfectly masked that you can totally relax and live without interruption, and yet never need and want for anything more. Oh, and the restaurant pulled in tables of gorgeous people and they did talk, drink and laugh with me. I'm happy; I'm sad to go-I shall return!
Mark A.Tambone

• Stayed July 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I spend a week here complitely relax very nice service And italian food And the best is the roof top swiming pool!!!very close to the ocean like 1 minuts walk and very simple access to the beach!! Best quality price..

• Stayed July 2013
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

this hotel is great. close to action yet quiet and away from it. all rooms have great views and the staff is best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel restaurant but it must be good since there were always people there eating.

Room Tip: ask for room #16
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmh211
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This boutique hotel is located on Ocean Drive in the world famous Art Deco area of South Beach, often known as SoBe. The location proved to be ideal with the beach only a few minutes walk away and the tourist section of Ocean Drive about 5 minutes walk.

Other than the obvious beach house theme, the hotel was garnished with festive decorations which made us felt warm and welcomed. Check in was effortless (despite our arrival being well before scheduled check in time) and and the front desk staff proved helpful throughout our say by assisting with printing our boarding passes for our onwards flights and making recommendations for food and things to see.

The newly renovated hotel rooms was specious and comfy. I love the Barbie portraits throughout the hotel and the bathroom felt open and fresh.

One of the highlights of Sense Beach House has to be the rooftop swimming pool with a view to the beach. While the water was a little too cold on our trip the whole area was well stocked with towels, cool water and plenty of comfy places to lounge.

For photos of the hotel, please check out my travel blog:

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DolceBunnie
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Such a great place to stay. simply elegant. The staff are just awesome! Our suite looked so clean and comfy. The rooftop looks nice and cozy. Has a great view of Ocean Drive and the surrounding areas. Walking into this hotel i automatically felt relaxed and comfortable. the music they play is great. The restaurant is excellent. Anyone eating there, i recommend the fries and pan fried salmon. Superb! Thanks a bunch to Jessie and Mitch for accommodating us! Shall not forget it.

Room Tip: Corner suites have the best of both worlds. lol
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends