The New Hotel
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
  • Beachfront
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$518
US$466
Official Site
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$253
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$227
US$528
US$329
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$204
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$390
US$371
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewssouth beachlast minute triprestaurants within walking distancerooms are spaciousstayed for nightshotel is locatedkey westocean drivefridgeblockwalgreensmiaminoisevibebartender
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I was kind of surprised by the similarity to a hostel when I expected the feel of a hotel (it is called the New Hotel after all!) It kind of felt I was sleeping in someone's bedroom. But the room was big and very nice, they had cable TV, an air conditioner a fridge and everything else I needed for a pleasant stay. They have a parking agreement with Walgreens next door which worked for me. It was a good location for me. They had a Halloween party at night which looked like fun but I chose not to attend. The price was excellent and I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a bed near the beach a pleasant experience for a good price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The rooms in this place are lovely and luxurious, a large room with all comforts I needed. the bed is great and the shower even has a soundtrack. Food at the hotel is fan-tastic, be sure to try the eggs benedict. The beach is just a block away. There's a bar at the hotel which is visited by locals, there's lots of noise but this is blocked entirely once you're back in your room. I got some free drinks from the hotel as a courtesy and I joined a group that frequents the bar and they were all so friendly and welcoming. Parking is next door at the Walgreens lot, officially not free public parking but with a card of the hotel on your dash it's ok to have your car there. A nice place with nice people, I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank saramok
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I originally choose the New Hotel thinking that it was in South Beach. When I learned that it actually was in North Miami Beach, I was a little disappointed; that is until I checked into the hotel. With quiet surroundings, close proximity to the beach, spacious rooms, comfortable beds, free parking, and other amenities, the New Hotel offered me and my guest a nice alternative to the busy environment in South Beach. This is now my first choice when I want to stay outside of South Beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool. The pool area tends to get crowded and night and can become noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jnqueen00
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel room was dirty with dark moldy stains on the bathroom door trim. The phone and some of the lights weren't working. There is a nice restaurant and people hanging out outside at the bar, but it is hard to get help or service. When I had some trouble with my car, the owner had nobody there to help me and there is nobody around the clock there available if something comes up. The location is good next to the beach, but there is no parking, so you have to use the city lots. The furniture looked modern, but was worn, old, and not maintained well. The owner and restaurant chef were friendly, but the hotel is run very casually.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We found this hotel last minute while driving around North Beach looking for accommodations. The location is great, literally a 5 minute walk to the beach and close to many restaurants and amenities while still being far enough away from the craziness of South each to get away from the super touristy areas.
The hotel features a lovely secluded courtyard with a pool and a bar, and being a gastropub they serve a large assortment of food as well. They also have a ridiculous drink menu including many kraft beers and cocktails. One afternoon we acted as drink testers for their inventive mixologist as we sat by the pool and relaxed.
We had room 5 which is on the ground floor right near the pool and were initially worried that the noise from the bar at night (which is open to and popular with the locals) would keep us awake. But with the air conditioning on it was completely sound proofed.
The room itself was beautiful and modern, the usual boutique hotel chic. It was very clean and the kind sized bed was so comfortable. It was tempting to just lay in bed and watch tv, something i don't even do when at home.
The staff was fantastic, very friendly and accommodating, and Tia our bartender was extremely helpful in recommending drinks and places in Miami to check out.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. We stayed two of our nine nights in Florida here and I would recommend it to anyone going to Miami.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple