“Great for the price and location”

AAE Miami Beach Lombardy Hotel
Ranked #199 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Just returned from the Memorial Day holiday and stayed at the Lombard Inn as usual. I found this small, family owned hotel years ago by sirendipity (money was low and I couldn't afford the other places nearby). Since then, I have returned many times. I have seen many upgrades in the lobby and rooms. It's not fancy, but neither are the prices, and it is clean and well located near many shops, restaurants, and public transportation. The staff is pleasant, especially the day staff, which is the family owners, and the night watch, MsGeorgia. She is knowledgable aboout the area and a hoot besides. Great place for the price.

Brian Feely Washington DC

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BFeely600

Reviewed 6 December 2010

This wouldn't have been our first choice, but we booked at relatively short notice and many other hotels seemed to be fully booked already. We had a double room, which looked like something out of the 1950s and could seriously have used some renovation. The mattress had also seen better days. On the other hand, we saw no evidence at all of any infestation (cockroaches or otherwise), and although not spotless it was fairly clean.

The best areas to spend time are around Ocean Drive towards the south end of Miami Beach. The Lombardy is some 5km north of there, so although it is on the beach the location is not much better than being near the airport or downtown; either way you probably need a bus or cab.

Given that there don't seem to be many other budget hotels available in Miami I found the Lombardy just about acceptable, but I suspect there's far better places if you plan in advance and spend a little more.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AirMiles22
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Upon arrival the girl on reception wasnt very pleasant nor was she willing to help with any questions we had. However, the room was a nice surprise. It was spacious, clean and also had a fridge - super helpful for the hot miami weather ... and it had a microwave too. The location wasnt too brill and next time I would defo look for somewhere that is more central. There isnt anything near the hotel other than the beach, a couple od restaurants and the odd supermarket type shop here and there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Camacho87
Reviewed 7 September 2010

First on arriving, the doorbell doesnt work. The woman working the desk at 2 am got angry at us because we knocked on the glass to get in.

Pros: Free parking. - However this could be a con too. Parking lot held about 12 cars (4 across and 3 cars deep). No one wanted to park in the back cause they'd get blocked in. Had to get hotel person to move other cars if you were blocked in, every time you wanted out. However all the hotels around this place were ALL valet parking, so be prepared to shell out tips for those places. We dealt with the inconvenience.

Pro: Price $60/night.

Cons: Cleanliness - the room itself was clean on checkin. However, past that all the housekeeper did was give towels and leave. We walked to the beach across the street the first day, and asked for more towels, and were never given any. I had to take some off the housekeeping cart and borrow the vaccum since the floor was full of sand and she didnt vaccum. - I never saw any fresh sheets on her cart either.

Con: Lobby and hallways smelled musty. Wifi couldnt be reached on my laptop from the room, had to go to the lobby to get reception.

I will say I never saw any roaches though in our stay. If you are looking for an average place, cheap nightly rate this is right in the middle of north/south beach and right across the street from the beach so no beach parking meter --- which you will find, anywhere in Miami Beach theres nowhere to park - especially at a beach, unless you're lucky to find a meter.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank brazenbeautie
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I've been there for one night in January 2010 - it was awful.

The room was really old and dirty, you mainly pay for the location which is not that great.

We could park our car for free which was nice (and the main reason for us to pick this hotel). We had to leave at 05:00 AM to get to the airport and I had asked twice at the front desk to please park my car outwards so that no other cars would have to be moved at dawn. Of course they did not do it and so my car was blocked by 3 other cars. They had to wake up 3 guests at 5:00 AM to move their cars so that I could leave.

To sum up, I did not like this hotel and would not recommend it. It seems to be an exception, since to me the hotel standard in the US appears to be really good.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tobinho
Reviewed 27 July 2010

It was great time in this hostel...very close to the beach,very clean and very nice room,everything is perfect!!!

Great place, great value and cool location.!!!!
Close to everything. Perfect for a cheap stay in Miami Beach.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My wife and I were traveling for our honeymoon and we found this accommodation great for our needs.
We stayed here on 2 seperate ocassions over 3 weeks and and stayed in 2 different rooms.
I have to say NEITHER had bed bugs.
It is a family owned buisness and we found the owner to be very helpfull in fact all the staff were great.
There is free WIFI in the lobby & 1 computer in the lobby.
Both our rooms had fridge @ microwave, the second time we stated we got a room with a cooker too.
Fantastic location minutes to North beach, or there is a bus stop just around the corner to take you to South beach, takes approx 10min but is super cheap think it was $2 each for one way!
Lots of shops near by.
Yes it is dated, but you get what you pay for, we had a great time & felt safe in this area.
We would stay here again.
We hired a car for our stay (we drove to the Florida Keys)
Parking is free at the Lombardy, you have to leave your keys @ reception so they move the car if they need to.
We had no probs at this hotel at all.