“not bad”

Ranked #193 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Budapest, Hungary
“not bad”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I've spent 7 niths there, and it was ok, just as i expected. For this price it is very good, and the location is also good. The stuff is helpful, the rooms are good.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KromAkos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I read the reviews on various sites about this hotel and was told to stay away, but this was the cheapest hotel we could find in such short notice. A few friends and I stayed here for Memorial Day Weekend. I've seen people say they experienced seeing roaches, but we didn't expect to see them. ROACHES GALORE! The 1st night as I was trying to sleep, I was woken up by my friends complaining & they pointed out a huge roach. I was so disgusted, I could not even sleep that night. Next morning, a friend discovered a roach in the tub, then a few hours later as I was about to hop into the shower, a big roach crawled out from under the toilet. I did not even want to take a shower anymore. I went to the main desk & told them I had a problem, before saying anything, he asked "What is it? Roaches?" That's how you know they're already dirty. I didn't even have to mention what was wrong. The housekeeper came into the room with a 3 gallon bottle of roach spray as if he sprayed every room on a daily basis. These weren't small roaches either, they were HUGE! I've attached a picture. This place is disgusting. PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank Waleezy

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Just returned from the Memorial Day holiday and stayed at the Lombard Inn as usual. I found this small, family owned hotel years ago by sirendipity (money was low and I couldn't afford the other places nearby). Since then, I have returned many times. I have seen many upgrades in the lobby and rooms. It's not fancy, but neither are the prices, and it is clean and well located near many shops, restaurants, and public transportation. The staff is pleasant, especially the day staff, which is the family owners, and the night watch, MsGeorgia. She is knowledgable aboout the area and a hoot besides. Great place for the price.

Brian Feely Washington DC

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BFeely600
Saint Julian's, Malta
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This wouldn't have been our first choice, but we booked at relatively short notice and many other hotels seemed to be fully booked already. We had a double room, which looked like something out of the 1950s and could seriously have used some renovation. The mattress had also seen better days. On the other hand, we saw no evidence at all of any infestation (cockroaches or otherwise), and although not spotless it was fairly clean.

The best areas to spend time are around Ocean Drive towards the south end of Miami Beach. The Lombardy is some 5km north of there, so although it is on the beach the location is not much better than being near the airport or downtown; either way you probably need a bus or cab.

Given that there don't seem to be many other budget hotels available in Miami I found the Lombardy just about acceptable, but I suspect there's far better places if you plan in advance and spend a little more.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AirMiles22
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Upon arrival the girl on reception wasnt very pleasant nor was she willing to help with any questions we had. However, the room was a nice surprise. It was spacious, clean and also had a fridge - super helpful for the hot miami weather ... and it had a microwave too. The location wasnt too brill and next time I would defo look for somewhere that is more central. There isnt anything near the hotel other than the beach, a couple od restaurants and the odd supermarket type shop here and there.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Camacho87
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 September 2010

First on arriving, the doorbell doesnt work. The woman working the desk at 2 am got angry at us because we knocked on the glass to get in.

Pros: Free parking. - However this could be a con too. Parking lot held about 12 cars (4 across and 3 cars deep). No one wanted to park in the back cause they'd get blocked in. Had to get hotel person to move other cars if you were blocked in, every time you wanted out. However all the hotels around this place were ALL valet parking, so be prepared to shell out tips for those places. We dealt with the inconvenience.

Pro: Price $60/night.

Cons: Cleanliness - the room itself was clean on checkin. However, past that all the housekeeper did was give towels and leave. We walked to the beach across the street the first day, and asked for more towels, and were never given any. I had to take some off the housekeeping cart and borrow the vaccum since the floor was full of sand and she didnt vaccum. - I never saw any fresh sheets on her cart either.

Con: Lobby and hallways smelled musty. Wifi couldnt be reached on my laptop from the room, had to go to the lobby to get reception.

I will say I never saw any roaches though in our stay. If you are looking for an average place, cheap nightly rate this is right in the middle of north/south beach and right across the street from the beach so no beach parking meter --- which you will find, anywhere in Miami Beach theres nowhere to park - especially at a beach, unless you're lucky to find a meter.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank brazenbeautie
Germany
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I've been there for one night in January 2010 - it was awful.

The room was really old and dirty, you mainly pay for the location which is not that great.

We could park our car for free which was nice (and the main reason for us to pick this hotel). We had to leave at 05:00 AM to get to the airport and I had asked twice at the front desk to please park my car outwards so that no other cars would have to be moved at dawn. Of course they did not do it and so my car was blocked by 3 other cars. They had to wake up 3 guests at 5:00 AM to move their cars so that I could leave.

To sum up, I did not like this hotel and would not recommend it. It seems to be an exception, since to me the hotel standard in the US appears to be really good.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple