“Economic, well located”

AAE Miami Beach Lombardy Hotel
Ranked #199 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 9 February 2014

For me the most important perk of a hotel is its location and beach. So, Lombardy was all I was looking for. My room was small and clean and it served the purpose as we went there only to sleep. Parking is very small, but there is an option to self park just a couple of blocks away and it is free from 6:00 pm to 8:00 am. Front Desk staff members were OK, some better than others but we did not need much so we did not care. Housekeepers were very nice and always friendly and willing to help. Great experience, will come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amololatino

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have never been so mistreated in my life. The old black lady who works at night at the reception yelled at us: "Pay attention to what I say" "You can't park your car here" when I just asked where to park our car and if there was wi-fi! It was unbelievable! Also, she was eating and instead of answer me about the wi-fi she remained seated and eating at the front desk and just pointed out the door sign for me to read (letters at backwards), as if I was bothering her!Very rude!! Very mean person! My fiance and I were literally afraid of returning to the hotel room each day of our staying.
I can say that no brazilian we know will be returning there.
Accomodations were good, but if you are mistreated, nothing else matters.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Isabela T
Reviewed 9 January 2014

One of the cheaper hotels you'll find in Miami Beach but still a good one. The service is good, the rooms are clean, I just missed an elevator for the luggage but thats ok. If you come by a car that could be difficult since there are less parking lots as far as I remember. The rooms are very clean and you get enough space in there, the kitchen is a big plus. The location is really great since there is a beach access maybe 100 or 200 meters to the north and that beach is pretty nice, clean and less crowded. Its a bit away from South Beach and the town centre of Miami but there are bus stations close to the hotel some meters to the southwest so you can reach that area in less minutes. I would go there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Julian P
Reviewed 9 September 2013

If you want to stay in Miami for a cheap price in a big room with kitchen - your are here right.
The Motel has a small parking area in front of the door.
The women at the information desk parks the cars behind the other if someone would like to drive out. There is a bus station next the corner. From here you can go by bus directly to the South beach Boulevard. At the other site of the street is the beautiful and nice beach. After a 5 minutes walk you are at mcDonalds an a lot of other restaurants and shops.
The rooms are clean and big.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank triximaus01
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I stood there on the first week of August 2013. The room was infested with cockroaches. The Blinds were filled with dust.To my surprised, I was told that I was given one of the most recent remodeled rooms. I understand the hotel is old, but the cockroaches are un-acceptable.

Room Tip: Pay a little be more and get yourself a decent place to stay. I hate to pay $70 or $80 a night and h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank missiel D
Reviewed 16 July 2013

from the hotel you can reach the beach nearby by feet. There is no breakfast I used to do in hostel, but a "10%" discount on hotel owner "Cafe". I would not recommend it, prefer walk to blocks up and try a cafe on new york deli cafe on shopping plaza. The parking is free but sometimes car must be managed, it works fine besides that. The manager speak spanish and are correct. The late service works very well with a great host. It is hard to find a good service by price relationship on Miami Beach area.

Room Tip: I would not recommend bus service despite a bus stop nearby
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abrito1953
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have not much things to say about here. Great staffs but not good for room conditions. Just for cheapest stay around Miami beach. After go to the beach, we could walk around this hotel to go for meals, it is fine.

Room Tip: As lowest floor as good. No elevator here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends