US$346
US$239
  • Beachfront
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$286
  • Beachfront
Room Mate Lord Balfour(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$225
Room Mate Hotels
  • Beachfront
La Flora(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$204
  • Bar/Lounge
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$495
US$460
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$260
US$213
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$193
Official Hotel
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Pool
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$154
Pestana Hotel Group
1,106 results
All reviewshard boiled eggssouth beachroof terracenice rooftopocean driveminute walk to the beachfree breakfastvalet parkingthe penthousestreet noisecollins avenuecorner roomper daymiamiblocksobelincoln
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed at Townhouse Hotel during our Miami Beach stay. We selected the hotel for its good reputation as a hip, conveniently located, cool Miami hotel. I cannot say that the edifice or the rooms lacked convenience, but actually it is a basic hotel with very poor service quality. All the rest was just good marketing.
The rooms are plain, basic, comfortable but with nothing special. The breakfast is more than poor (with only plain bagels, croissant, coffee and orange juice), there was no dining room nor a proper table with seats to dine on, the service in general was missing, the staff was far from welcoming. I would recommend it nevertheless, as I was ok with almost no added value, but the price we paid restrains me from doing so, This is by no means budget! If you are planning to spend your entire time on the beach, keep in mind that the hotel rents an umbrella for 50 bucks and seats for 10 each. To sum it up, feel free to book it if you like, but think twice or even thrice before doing so...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Georgia K, Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Estellabelle,

Thank you for reviewing Townhouse on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to hear that you were not completelly satisfied with your stay with us and that service was not up to your standards.
Please keep in mind that breakfast is complimentary and it actually includes a varied assortment of bagels (maybe when you went to our pantry there were only plain bagels left), croissants, baguettes, chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, an assortment of jams, butter and dulce de leche, boiled eggs, fresh orange juice, an assortment of teas and different types of coffees. We believe that is a decent breakfast that does not add any charge to your bill.

I also would like to rectify the cost for renting umbrellas and chairs on the beach. The cost for eah chair is $10 and an umbrella is $12. We do not charge $50 for a beach umbrella. Is it possible that you went to the beach without a voucher from the front desk and the concession charged you as a non hotel guest? If this is the case please feel free to contact me so we can have you reimbursed.

We hope you had a nice trip back to Istanbul and if there is anything you believe was unfairly charged please contact me so we can work on finding a solution.

Revenue manager

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Needed to stay for a weekend between business meetings, not ideal for the business traveller but so much better than a bland chain hotel

Great little place, loved everything baout it. The staff are great, very relaxed and informal but excellent. The rooms are very modern with everything white but fits the area.
Breakfast is taken on one large table all together so a great opportunity to meet other people, it is very much a help yourself, continental buffet but so many restaurants around if you wanted something much more hearty.

Very close to the beach.

Woudl definitekly go back again even on business.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Dear Chui101,

Thank you very much for your review.

We appreciate the honesty. We are not a corporate hotel that caters to corporate travellers but we do offer the basics that any person in business might need; complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast, we can print and photocopy documents.

We look forward to welcome you back at Townhouse in the near future.

Revenue Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Staying here right now for one night. Check in was verry poor, all the information I'd expect to receive I had to ask myself. There is no carparking includet, you have to find your own parking spot. A parking is nerby but costs you another 25.- which is common in miami beach. breakfast was not includet in my rate, but this info I had to figure out myself as well...
Would I send my best friend here, not before telling him what he has to expect.
Verry basic but clean and ok for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James H

Dear JamesH,

Thank you for reviewing Townhouse on Tripadvisor.
I would like to apologize if you check in was not up to standards and you felt there was information missing. We try to be as thorough as possible.
I see you mention that breakfast was not included in your rate but we have never charged for breakfast here at Townhouse. It is one of the perks that many customers are actually happy with. If you check your bill you will notice that there is no charge in there for brekafast.
We do offer valet parking, and guests only have to park their own car if they choose not to use the valet service. And as you mention the cost for valet is $25 per day, which is exactly what we pay the valet company we use. The hotel makes no profit on that service.

If you have any questions in regards to your stay that we can help you with please feel free to contact one of us.

Best regards,
The Townhouse Hotel Team.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Good points:
This hotel has a great laid-back vibe. Rooms are clean, simple -with a trendy twist-! There is a big roof top terrace with a bar. Breakfast is excellent. You could hardly find a place closer to the beach. It has an excellent value compared to other hotels on South Beach.
Lower points:
There is no swimming pool (but no big deal as you have the beach next door). We just had a bad surprise with our bar bill. The waiter wouldn't bring the drinks to the table and just call for us to pick them up on the counter but he took himself a nice 20% tip on our bill at the end of the night which sounded a bit unfair...Just be careful!
Overall we liked the place and especially the Japanese restaurant downstairs and I would be really happy to be back!

Room Tip: Go to the Japanese restaurant downstairs - delicious!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZoeGi
Georgia K, Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear ZoeGi,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you see the good value we offer here at Townhouse. I am sorry about the lackof a swimming pool, as you said, at least we are pretty close to the Ocean.

I am sorry you felt the tipping on the bill was unfair and we will be more than happy to refund you you that ammount. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can take your details.

I hope you had a lovely trip back to London and will visit us in Miami in the future.

Revenue Manager at Townhouse Hotel
georgia@townhousehotel.com

Reviewed 21 July 2012

The Townhouse has fabulous positioning, only a hop skip & jump from the beach. The friendly staff (particularly the lady who looks after the breakfast rooms) add to the laid back style of the hotel. It maintains a small, personal feel through out - which I think is helped by it being under 100 rooms. So much better than some of the huge hotels.

The breakfast is great! Fresh OJ & great muffins packed with blueberries. It is free flowing and delivered in a pristine environment. Add to this, towels for the beach, a beach ball to play with and these little touches set the hotel apart.

The only niggle was the weak wireless connection in our room - it would make business difficult as it continually dropped out but as we were on hols, it didn't make us swear....too much!!

We will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrFlinty
Georgia K, Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear MrFlinty,

Thank you very much for your reviewing Townhouse on Trip Advisor.

We are happy to hear that you liked our location and laid back and friendly style.

I will mention to our breakfast lady that she received a nice compliment. She will be happy to know that her efforts are noticed.

I did take notice of your issue with the wireless connection and we are looking into it. Thank you for the information.

We hope to welcome you back to Miami and to Townhouse in the future.

Revenue Manager