“Good food, lots of character(s)”
Review of Tasti Cafe

Tasti Cafe
Ranked #526 of 1,080 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bayshore
Toronto
“Good food, lots of character(s)”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Tough to get a table at this popular but very small Kosher sandwich/salad joint. When we finally got a table, we had loud and animated conversations going on around us - plenty of hand gesturing, complaining, yelling, etc - which was a little bit annoying, but also entertaining and fun. Nostalgic if you've ever been to a New York deli.

The food is excellent - good quality and generous portions.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank tadak

Miami Beach, Florida
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 17 February 2011

As someone new to the miami area, I have been reading reviews and checking out the kosher food scene here. Tasti was one of the first places I visited and have only had good to great experiences. I dont know what happened with those two people who had bad times, but i think they must have got their locations confused. Tasti is one of the cleanest establishments i have ever been to. I have seen recently that due to tasti's popularity occasionaly the staff gets overwhelmed. (one day I was told that is was an hour wait for tables and 45 minutes for takeout. I have never seen a place so busy on a day that wasnt immediately after passover. though very rushed and a bit curt. I didnt see anything but proffesionalism from the staff and management.
To sum up, Tasti has some of the bestkosher food I have comeacross, a generaly nice staff.

• Visited December 2010
Miami Beach, Florida
“excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I have been eating at this establishment since it opened. The food is is consistently great. I have no idea what happened to the other reviewers but they are not local. The best comment that I can make is that Tasti is a local treat.

Visited February 2010
“This place needs to be SHUT DOWN...”
Reviewed 31 December 2009

This place needs to be SHUT DOWN!!! Horrible management, they have no idea what they are doing or how to run a restaurant. The place is extremely dirty. I saw one of the cooks blow his nose with his glove and make a sandwich. There are cockroaches along the sides of this congested room and I felt like throwing up. The waitstaff are very very rude and one told my family and I that we are "brain dead." The manager is an undecent man who makes you feel unwelcome and started yelling at a family next to us and making a scene. I cannot stress enough how much it was such a bad experience that I will never step foot here again!! They cannot get your order right after 3 times and it was disgusting.

Manchester UK
“the worst kosher experience I have ever had!”
Reviewed 2 December 2009

The story of our trip to the "Tasti Cafe" is a tale of :

• Hair in food, twice two separate dishes
• Dreadful food (examples below)
- Uncooked porridge sent back twice came back raw on both occasions
- Scrambled egg that was basically hard as a boiled egg
• Poor service (the waitress just could not careless
• Lack of basic hygiene
• Broken dirty toilets
- Wouldn’t flush
- Full of urine
- Pubic hairs all over the seats and back of the seat
• A manager who could not give a damn
• A manager who dropped his trousers and bared his back side in front of 4 children and six adults in the car park.

I will "eat" out well on this story for years!

What is more interesting is that one of the regulars mentioned to me that the food etc..was never as good when the owners were not on the premises!