“Can't wait to return!”

Tasti Cafe
Ranked #543 of 1,080 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Bayshore
Cooper City, Florida
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I enjoyed brunch here today. I intended to order a lunch sandwich, but the amazing-looking potatoes at the table next to us were calling me! The looks did not deceive. Scalloped potatoes with grilled onions and peppers, in a tomato base (but not covered in sauce), grilled to perfection, just a bit well-done. Oh yeah, we ordered other food too...breakfast taco. Very pricey for what you get, but when it's good, it makes it easier to tolerate. Two small flour tortillas grilled, folded into a taco, and filled with scrambled eggs and cheese, served with sour cream (thickest and best I have had in a long time) and salsa that was just slightly sweet and oh-so-good. We also ordered a grilled cheese sandwich (party of 3, in case you think we were pigging out). This was a triple decker, with thick slices of bread, which I would order again with the same amount of cheese, but minus that middle bread slice. This came out very under cooked. Luckily, the waitress convinced us to let them make it over. She brought back a beautifly grilled sammie! There is much more on this menu that I want to explore, so I will certainly return. Nutella/banana french toats, I'm coming to getcha! Come to think of it, if you want to "pig out", this is a good place to do it.

This review wouldn't be complete if I forgot to mention the great selection of muffins, cookies, etc in the bakery cases. Everything looked so fresh and good.

• Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Excellent place”
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The food here is just great. Fresh, tasty and even better than the menu makes it sound. It is on the expensive side for a breakfast style cafe but it's well worth the money, in my opinion. Service is fast and even personal. One down side is finding a table. I came many times as a large group and I often had to wait some time for a table that could fit us. However, a table for 2 or 3 is usually available within a few minutes. Overall, highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank AMJ92
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great prices”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

A local recommended this to us. Dairy and vegetarian restaurant great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Extensive menu ranging from a variety of omelettes and pancakes to wraps, beautiful salads, fish dishes, and quesadillas. Very clean and fast service. Coffee is great as it should be. A winner.

• Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Good Taste”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Yummy wraps and salads. The several times I've gone, the staff has been super patient and accommodating with my "ugh-no way", picky, vegetarian and entitled ways.
Go while waiting for your appointment at the always fabulous Em Nails.

Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida
“RIP OFF...UNLESS YOU LIKE A BOWL OF LETTUCE FOR 13 BUCKS”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

RIP OFF...TO THE EXTREME..I ordered a 13 dollar "strawberry and feta" salad...thinking there might possibly be a few strawberries...and certainly some feta in it. What I got was a large bowl of lettuce...2 slices of (very good) tomato, one slice of cucumber...and A FEW TINY SPRINKLES OF STRAWBERRY...NOT ENOUGHT EVEN, IF YOU PIECED THE TINY PIECES TOGETHER...WOULD MAKE UP ONE COMPLETE STRAWBERRY (I gathered them together and they did not even take up an entire tablespoon........AND PERHAPS...PERHAPS!..ONE TEASPOON OF TINY TEENY CRUMBLES OF FETA. Basically - a bowl or lettuce...not even one whole strawberry....and not enough feta to even realize it was in there!

• Visited March 2012