“Great Miami Spot”
Review of Prime Hotel

Prime Hotel
Ranked #166 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I took a shot on this hotel after reading mixed reviews but the price was right and the location is excellent. A must if you are staying here is to get a room on the street side towards the front of the hotel. Otherwise, you will be smelling pizza or whatever they were cooking next door.

If you get over the fact you must enter the hotel through the restaurant entrance, you will most likely be pleased with this place. I was there for business during the busiest time of year - Spring Break and the music festival. Regardless, I often found that I was able to relax at the pool alone.

Let's break down the positives:

-great location South of Fifth, near good restaurants, clubs, etc
-modern rooms, comfortable beds
-nice, but small pool area for rehabilitating from night before
-reasonable prices

Negatives

-It's a boutique hotel, so during the day, service is limited
-I could never get the iPod doc to work and neither could the front desk. They did send a replacement. When I moved to another room, same problem. The doc was broken.
-They consistently took too long to bring my car up from valet

Overall, I would stay here again and actually look forward to returning. The price, location, modern rooms, and chic character are all you need when having a great time in South Beach.

Also, I ate at both Prime 112 and Prime Italian - they are pretty good restaurants and worth trying.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank KMKC08

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I didn't expect to be in such a hot spot when choosing a hotel booking online! This hotel is a 'hidden gem' located on the 2nd through 4th floors of the famous Prime 112 restaurant. We had a great amount of privacy and were extremely happy with the trendy, bright, and sunny rooms.

The entertainment system was a little tricky, but a very sweet front desk girl informed me they are planning a great new simpler upgrade! We're looking forward to this for our next trip. We will definitely be staying there again! The roof top pool was amazing with the candles lit at night. Very calming. We were able to look down from the roof top at all the VIP restaurant patrons arriving in their fancy cars!

The ONLY downfall was having to wait half an hour for our table at Prime 112, but the charisma of the hotel staff made up for this 100%!

Room Tip: I was informed that the Balcony Suites are a great room to book and all get great sunshine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rebbjones
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My boyfriend and I selected Prime Hotel when we visited South Beach for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon. This hotel was a good choice for us - we enjoyed the modern amenities, and the convenient location right on the race course, walking distance to the start/finish area. We had a room on the third floor in the front corner (no balcony), and although we were there on a Saturday night, we did not find it to be too noisy - hurricane proof glass keeps out most noise. Other reviewers have mentioned the odd configuration of walking through the restaurant to reach the elevator - I will say yes, this was a bit odd, but by no means should it be a factor in your decision to stay! (unless you love to hang around in a hotel lobby, then this isn't the place for you!) If I return to south beach and the Prime offers a good rate, I would definitely consider staying again, however, this hotel is a good walk from the "heart" of the South Beach action. Also, some of the front desk staff was EXTREMELY kind and helpful, other members were about average (or below). Depending on the hotel's ability to provide consistent, good service and maintain the nice, new design, this hotel could easily pop up to a 5 or down to a 3. Oh yeah - the cookies were delicious and much appreciated, as was the free wi-fi!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jlabid
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Prime Hotel of Miami Beach is a bustling place. It boasts some very fine restaurants which draw large and beautiful crowds in the weekends. Upstairs from the main restaurant are the rooms (although there is one room in a neighboring house) and they are - like the restaurants - of high quality. Modern, sleek, elegant. Altogether 17 rooms, so it is definitely a boutique hotel.
I stayed for one night and really enjoyed the atmosphere and the quality feel. Had a couple of beers in the bar, enjoyed the crowd. Besides the staff was great all through the night. The room was really comfortable, although its location was less than spectacular (facing a side street where you got the impression there would soon be a contruction site), The fact that the remote control of the TV either did not work or was too complicated for someone like me was of minor concern to me.
However, some irritation ensued on the following morning. Breakfast turned out not to be available in the hotel, despite the website suggesting that food would be easily available at most times. What is more, the guy manning the reception that morning had none of the good qualities of his colleagues of the previous night. I tried to call reception from the room, only to find the line engaged. When I finally walked down he did not even acknowledge my presence, just kept on talking on the phone, in what seemed to me a pretty unimportant matter. There was no one else around, or at least not in the public area. In the end I found someone in the kitchen (!) who informed me that there was no breakfast serving in the hotel. Insted they recommended I walk two blocks to a nearby cafe and buy my breakfast there.
I survived but with some frustration accumulated.
When I checked out a couple of hours later the reception was again manned by friendly and efficient people.
Would I stay there again? Given an acceptable price, yes. But the irritations will linger in my memory.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Rottan
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I was booked into the Hilton Bentley Hotel Southbeach tonight. When I arrived, I was informed by the front desk that, due to a problem with my room, it was unavailable for occupancy and unfortunately the hotel was sold out for the night. I was walked to the Prime Hotel, directly across the street on Ocean Drive.

This was an unexpected good surprise. The Prime is a well appointed boutique hotel and home to three rather remarkable, trendy restaurants. While I was eating my dinner at the Prime Italian restaurant, an SUV limo pulled up which was mobbed by papparazi when a major Hollywood star dropped in for a quick meal before a concert.

My room is beautifully decorated. The shower is a multi-head, custom walk-in and the bedding is high thread count comfortable.

When I checked-in, the very friendly, front desk clerk, personally escorted me to my room.

I've settled in for the evening after enjoying a fine risotto dish at the Prime Italian Restaurant.

All-in-all, what could have been a terrible experience turned into a nice surprise.

Room Tip: I was given a nice "corner suite" overlooking Ocean Drive...3rd floor, Room 9.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Laz1544
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This new boutique hotel has all of the amenities one could ask for. Our reserved room was not ready on our early arrival so they upgraded us to room #8, wow. This room has a balcony on the east and north sides right on Ocean Drive and next door to Prime 112 Restaurant. Very chic and sophiticated, (TV in the bathroom). We found it to be a great value.

Room Tip: Room #8 is the most requested
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The overall stay was excellent!! The room was very clean and the hotel in itself was beautiful and exceptionally clean. We were greeted with excellent service, The roof pool has a good view of the ocean, The location of the hotel is perfect is right across from Nikki Beach and have the best restaurant of Miami Beach, Junior at the front desk was a great help. Would highly recommend staying here!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo