So, we stayed in this hotel for three nights based on the recommendation and comments on this site. Location was excellent, just on block away from Ocean Dr, and the cleanliness and quality of the place was excellent. On the other hand the room was "interesting", but we were prepared to that after reading some of the comments from here. We had room 115 (deluxe room, their lowest class) right next to reception and while it was actually very quiet (and we are light sleepers) it was also very very small. I could actually almost use word claustrophobic here (see picture), since it was were narrow, there was only one window in the room which was small, behind the bed and when unshaded had a ground level view to dark courtyard. However, we were prepared for even that and as a place to sleep it was very good. :-) Some other people have been commenting about the glass walls/doors on both the shower and toilet, and yes they sure are made from glass, and require some getting used to. There is a door between shower and toilet area and room proper which can be closed though. Not recommended for very shy people anyway! Rooftop bar and pool was great!
Biggest gripes I have for the hotel are:
1) Almost no storage place! As with almost all design hotels there are no closets for clothes, and since we were going for a cruise we had two suitcases with us and when room was so small there wasn't even space to keep them open in a corner. (Our cabin in the ship was actually bigger with more storage space!)
2) Considering the size of the rooms price seemed to be bit excessive.
Summary: Good and comfortable hotel in excellent location with "interesting" rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your loftiest dreams become a reality when you step foot in the art deco-inspired haven that is Dream South Beach. Located on Collins Avenue, our hotel is surrounded by stylish boutiques, the hottest clubs and is just 50 yards from pristine white sand beaches. Right next door is another fashionable address, once known as the famed Versace Mansion. Close proximity to Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road and Espanola Way. Hospitality is reinvented at our luxury hotel in South Beach. Art Deco style meets French Moroccan chic, at Dream South Beach, which boasts 108 guestrooms and suites designed by Michael Czysz with modern amenities such as large flat screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi for a fee, fully-stocked minibars, C.O Bigelow bath amenities and much more. While here, be immersed in late 70's poolside glamour at our rooftop pool and lounge, indulge in Mexican fare at Celebrity Chef Ralph Pagano's Naked Taco restaurant, slip into ecstasy with a relaxing spa treatment, and enjoy an atmosphere that is both cosmopolitan and comfortable. For a stunning nightlife experience, head up to Highbar by the rooftop pool lounge and sample creative concoctions while taking in the Miami skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dream South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Dream South Beach Miami Beach, Florida