A few things to know going into this hotel : high concept rooms,complicated lighting controls/system, the good restaurant they have :Serafina is leaving, walls are thin, and if you are not the partying type, skip it.If you are loaded most of the time, the things that ann oyed me might not bother you.
They have a small pool with salt water on the roof top which is OK, unfortunately the one afternoon I wanted to use it they told everyone that they would have to leave by 5 because they were having a "private party". But you could come back at 8, but not to actually use the pool Pretty good way to show that your business doesn't matter to them.Being that they are charging an extra $8.99 a day for this it's pretty insulting. The fire alarm that went off at midnight 1/13 was another added bonus.The miami fire dept. had to come to shut it off because the staff could not figure it out.When I asked if they would allow me to use the front desks e mail to forward my boarding pass for the next day, a courtesy most hotels allow you, they said I could use the pay computer in the lobby.One of the staff said, OK , you can use my email, but I'd already logged on the pay computer.So, in general,I would recommend another property like the Standard or the Fountainbleau, both better run hotels, over this.One plus, they do have a landmarked art deco drinking fountain in an alcove off the lobby that is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your loftiest dreams become a reality when you step foot in the art deco-inspired haven that is Dream South Beach. Located on Collins Avenue, our hotel is surrounded by stylish boutiques, the hottest clubs and is just 50 yards from pristine white sand beaches. Right next door is another fashionable address, once known as the famed Versace Mansion. Close proximity to Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road and Espanola Way. Hospitality is reinvented at our luxury hotel in South Beach. Art Deco style meets French Moroccan chic, at Dream South Beach, which boasts 108 guestrooms and suites designed by Michael Czysz with modern amenities such as large flat screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi for a fee, fully-stocked minibars, Etro bath amenities and much more. While here, be immersed in late 70's poolside glamour at our rooftop pool and lounge, indulge in Mexican fare at Celebrity Chef Ralph Pagano's Naked Taco restaurant, slip into ecstasy with a relaxing spa treatment, and enjoy an atmosphere that is both cosmopolitan and comfortable. For a stunning nightlife experience, head up to Highbar by the rooftop pool lounge and sample creative concoctions while taking in the Miami skyline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dream South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Dream South Beach Miami Beach, Florida