“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ukiah, California
“Great location”
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Great location only one block away from the main drag on South Beach. Friendly staff, clean rooms very art deco. Great pool area rooftop. Great poolside lunch and drinks. Hope to make it back there soon

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Short and sweet, and very nice! Thanks for staying, and we also hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hebrew first
Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

The Dream Southbeach in Miami. The Dream is true to its word as a honest boutique style hotel. We arrived in Southbeach on Saturday from N.C. an 10 hour drive quite tired. The check in was super simple. The road at the front door, Collins, is currently under repair and there is a coned off valet area. We pulled in and my partner stayed to talk to the attendent curbside while I went to check in. I entered into a clean, posh, no nonsense lobby and was immediately greeted by Filipe at the desk. He took my info and had my keys and instructions within seconds. After the formalities were over he poured two glasses of champagne and while pouring my girlfriend was coming in having our luggage carried by a valet attendant and joined just in time to grab her glass. Complimentary at check in. Total time from car to room? 8 minutes at most. We were wisked to the room in a side elevator through a quaint art deco style courtyard. This elevator is mirrored, tiled, room key secured, large, VERY SLOW, very unused and IS definately one of those elevators one could mark off "gettin frisky" on an elevator off their bucket list. The rooms? Beautiful! Art deco inspired, VERY CLEAN, posh, smoked glass shower and bathroom doors, great shower for two, FANTASIC lighting and well stocked minibar. The location has a rooftop pool and lounge and resturant downstairs shared by its neighbor offering room service. The location is smack in the middle of EVERYTHING! Ocean drive is directly in the rear and the dream has its own area on the beach with dream chairs and cabannas that need to be used since YOU ARE charged regardless for using them and the hotel wifi. The concierge is very helpful and I cant say enough about the staff. From the cleaning personel, the desk staff to the maintenance people they are all FANTASTIC! Its Southbeach so expect pretty people and lamborginis in front of the hotel at any time. Resturaunts are all on both collins and ocean drive so theirs no problem finding a bar, food or really anything you need within a very short walk. Speaking of bars the rooftop bar is very nice but very under used. Great drinks and service but during our stay noone to socialize with but a nice view of the skyline. Ok, so I realize my review so far only highlights the good and during our Saturday night stay it pretty much was. The minor issues? The walls to the hotel hallway are very thin. If ANYONE walks by you hear them. Southbeach is a party place that really doesnt sleep at night. After all you can still get luch anywhere at 5pm. Luckily their arent 1000 rooms so other then the occasional person walking by it isnt that bad. The beds, headboard sits under the window to the courtyard and the sound from the courtyard along with minor street noise tends to travel up. If theirs anyone in the courtyard you definately hear them. I would like to see them add complimentary coffee in the am instead of room service charged. I appreciate the champagne but gotta have my morning joe. The only other complaint was from my girlfriend who while addored the hotel and the room lighting ambiance found it very difficult to put on her morning makeup and wished their were brighter lighting above the bathroom vanity or a makup mirror attached somewhere to a wall. Over all I 100% recommend and would stay again and again when in Southbeach. While here take a walk down the stairs inside the hotel. The attention to detail is everywhere EVEN the stairwells!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cjournigan
Thank you very much for your nice review! It is great to hear that you both had a great time and really go to enjoy our design, location, and the service from our staff! All of us here at Dream look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay, so until then, take care and safe travels!
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

I'll start by saying this hotel is clean and someone what comfortable - however.... I'm highly annoyed that I placed a do not clean my room sign on the door as I'd prefer not having people in my room. Despite this cleaning staff came in whilst we were out. The following day I politely mentioned this to the staff at reception that I'd like our room to be left... Yet again our room was entered against our wishes - as far as I'm concerned this is an invasion of our privacy - so I complained and the staff were extremely apologetic... Come back from dinner and bugger me! The cleaners have been back in again!!!!!! Now last night 13/1 at midnight a fire alarm went off... My husband and I went down to the lobby a long with other guests... Fire department arrive and the staff member behind the counter did not know where the fire panel was... Are you kidding me? Fortunately this was a false alarm - lets just say we would not feel the slightest bit confident in the staff if there was a real fire - disgusted!

Not impressed Dream! My husband and I are on our honeymoon we have been travelling the world and out of the 7 hotels we have stayed in, this is by far the worst!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jade_Dunstan
DreamSouthBeach, General Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to offer you my apologies that you had a negative experience here at Dream. We take great pride in being able to provide a very relaxing stay, and it is most unfortunate that you had some issues during your time with us. Although I cannot go back and erase those issues from occurring, I hope that you will accept my apologies and desire to try and restore your faith in us. Perhaps one day in the future you will consider staying with us again, and I would love to help make that future stay enjoyable and memorable. I may be contacted at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747.

Thank you for expressing yourself, and take care!
manhattan n.y.
Reviewed 13 January 2014

A few things to know going into this hotel : high concept rooms,complicated lighting controls/system, the good restaurant they have :Serafina is leaving, walls are thin, and if you are not the partying type, skip it.If you are loaded most of the time, the things that ann oyed me might not bother you.
They have a small pool with salt water on the roof top which is OK, unfortunately the one afternoon I wanted to use it they told everyone that they would have to leave by 5 because they were having a "private party". But you could come back at 8, but not to actually use the pool Pretty good way to show that your business doesn't matter to them.Being that they are charging an extra $8.99 a day for this it's pretty insulting. The fire alarm that went off at midnight 1/13 was another added bonus.The miami fire dept. had to come to shut it off because the staff could not figure it out.When I asked if they would allow me to use the front desks e mail to forward my boarding pass for the next day, a courtesy most hotels allow you, they said I could use the pay computer in the lobby.One of the staff said, OK , you can use my email, but I'd already logged on the pay computer.So, in general,I would recommend another property like the Standard or the Fountainbleau, both better run hotels, over this.One plus, they do have a landmarked art deco drinking fountain in an alcove off the lobby that is beautiful.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sandybeachers
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that you did not have a very pleasant stay with us. We do understand there are some elements of our hotel that may not be for everyone. And of course having the fire alarm go off at any time for any reason is also highly frustrating. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back in the future, as we are confident that we are able to provide a truly relaxing experience for you and your friends. If you are ever traveling to South Beach, please contact me directly and I will be happy to help make that happen for you. I may be reached at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747.

Thank you for staying with us, and take care!
Sydney
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I travelled from Australia on our honeymoon at the start of December 2013. Miami was our first stop on our trip and we were looking forward to discovering South Beach.

Alas, we had bad luck. We were stuck in Dallas just after the snowstorms and when we finally arrived in Miami (after 30 hours travel, instead of 20) our bags were missing (do not fly American Airlines!).

We ended up checking into Dream South Beach at around 2:30am the following morning. We alerted the receptionist about our missing bags and they then alerted the front desk team. There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room which was refreshed for us the following day due to our late arrival.

The concierge continually assisted us when we needed to use the phone and the hotel tried to do what they could for us. They went above and beyond noting our next address details so they could contact us should they receive any updates.

The location was good but not excellent, it was walkable to most areas we went though. We did have a hire car to go elsewhere which we did make use of.

The hotel itself was a little gem for us. As we had no luggage we need to spend our holiday time in Miami shopping mostly, so crashing out after a big day it was great to have a comfy bed and romantically lit room. The rooftop pool was also the icing on the cake, a quiet place from the hustle to relax, unwind and soak up the sun.

Thank you to the staff at Dream. We wish we could have spent more time relaxing, your hospitality and all your help was very much appreciated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Very nice! Thank you very much for your pleasant review! All of us here had a nice time taking care of you and helping you relax after so much headaches due to travel issues. We hope to welcome you back soon for nice, long, relaxing stay here in South Beach. Take care!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Overall our experience was okay. Great location for the genre of male traveler we are with restaurants and clubs at the front door, the beach a block away, etc. The rooftop is beautiful and the staff overall were friendly, especially the room cleaning crew.
What was really unacceptable, at least the way it was done, was being scolded for being too loud on two occasions because other guests complained. First of all, if you are staying at the Dream then you should expect it to be a hoping place, not a retirement community. I have stayed at the Standard many times and never had a complain for music coming from an iphone or a conversation that was perhaps a bit louder than normal. It should be practice to call a room first before coming up to complain in person. The last time, two people came up while we were getting ready to go out. Were we suddenly a public safety threat? Really?
It is a shame because I would be interested in staying there again, but do not need to be treated like a child who has done something bad! Maybe if the hotel turns down the music in the hallways...

Room Tip: If you want a room with a good size go for one of the junior suites. They tend to not really cost th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SetterJetter
Dear Guest,

We want to make sure that all our guests in the hotel are having a comfortable and relaxing stay, and it is the responsibility of our in-house security department to go and investigate any comments or concerns made by other guests in the hotel. I am sorry that this made such a negative impact on your stay! Hopefully you will consider staying with us again, so until then, take care!
DCBC
Reviewed 9 January 2014

First of all, not a bad hotel, I expected much more for what I paid but as usual, every tourist trap has it's price...
I do not recall signing up for the "Dream Package" which you wont see on booking but will rear its head on check out. (I actually seen people yelling on checkout over this) $8.99 per day for "internet/towels/and beach chairs" Last time I checked anywhere in the world I went and booked a hotel, the towels were complimentary, internet.. well their explanation was that you could walk off the street, hang in the lobby or outside on the chairs and use the internet and not get charged a dime, but the guests have to pay.... imagine that? And beach chairs, ok, if you want to use them, fair enough, tip accordingly..
I don't mind using the washroom and having my girl be able to watch me or her being watched, no bathroom privacy in the rooms..
Concierge was excellent, hats of to Ben who took care of me and my friends, sorry dude, ill tip ya when I come back to South Beach (damn bank card quit on me on the last day) I wont forget!!

Overall South Beach- clean up the streets please? It looks like LA in most cases with a tropical feel, the beach I heard was still really dangerous after dark talking to some locals.
Overall Dream staff- Excellent (I don't know about the front desk staff that I seen getting yelled at on 3 occasions passing through the lobby)
Overall Dream rooms- Average
Overall Dream hidden fees- Fail (shame on you Westin booking, you said that my prices included EVERYTHING including taxes/resort fees/Dream Package etc..) Fail
South Beach- Bring lots of cash

Room Tip: stay on 3rd floor, just off the street noise (its bad)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BooBoo D
Thanks for staying! It is great to hear that Benjamin was able to take care of you - he is a fantastic concierge and we are proud to have him. I am sorry that you felt that our Dream Package was a hidden fee. This package is for all hotel guests per day, and the fact that it includes those awesome lounge chairs on the beach in such a prime location is a great deal! Our apologies if this was not explained clearly when you arrived.

Thank you again for your business, and we hope to see you again!