“An Exhausting stay”

Dream South Beach
Ranked #48 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

So where should we start?

Let's just say that this was my first time at the south beach and I didn't really know what was the deal before checking in at the hotel. It was cinco de mayo so people were triple as crazy as they are during the week (this I learned little bit later). The mexican restaurant below our hotel room was playing music loud and in high rotation. The room was noisy until 4am! Couldn't sleep!

Apparently south beach is not meant for sleeping and it's heaven for those who like to party hard til 5am. Unfortunately I cannot comment how the hotel is for people who like to party. Well... our next door neighbour seem to have had blast, she (and her friends) almost came through the walls...also as a non smoking hotel the smell of weed was the first odor greeting us when going and coming to/from the rooms.

Price for the room during the weekend is whopping 400 dollars - and for me that's something I would pay for five star hotel (like trump I reviewed earlier) - not a small janitors room with practically no daylight/window.

adding up the noise, smell, the room and the overall miami beach -zoo experience I don't recommend this place to anyone who isn't up for partying.

Room Tip: well.. the rooms above the Naked Taco- restaurant are quite noisy. I don't know... it might be b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your stay. It is unfortunate that you did not have such a pleasant experience and that you were disturbed by the activities of the Cinco de Mayo weekend. It is fair to say that all of South Beach was in a very boisterous mood.

Please accept my apologies for an experience that did not live up to your expectations, or provide you with a relaxing time here at Dream. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future, and please feel free to contact me directly so that I can make sure you have an excellent stay and really get to relax and enjoy yourself. You can contact me at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com.

Thank you again for your business, and safe travels!

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Dream South Beach

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The Hotel itself is beautiful, room was a little small but gorgeous. Dream also has a Sunday pool party which was cool cause i went with a couple of buddies. Location is great. This Hotel is definitely for the young and sexy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

It sounds like you and your friends had a great time and got to really take advantage of everything our hotel has to offer. We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel was in a great location, 1 block to South Beach and many restaurants. We loved the rooftop bar and pool, a great spot to lay back and relax!
As others have said, the lighting was very odd, sort of blue, the rooms quite dark and very small and the switches hard to work out. We didn't dislike our stay here but would go with another Hotel if we were to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dream, and for sharing your feedback with us. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy our awesome location and take full advantage of our rooftop pool and bar. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again for your next trip to South Beach as we are fully confident we can provide a great stay for you both. Thank you again, and take care!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel is very nice for young people. The lobby has a bar and its always full of pleople and loud music. It has a great night club in the roof top.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Dream Hotels

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

So I was having a great time, nice room my only problem, I was charged for something I didn't order!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I looked on your account, but I did not see any charges that were posted in error, so I am a little unsure as to what this could be. I would love a chance to speak with you directly to clear up any confusion and make sure that everything is correct. I may be contacted directly at: 305-673-4747, or johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Dream Hotels
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

When we ask how much was the rooms for two days was around $484 plus our up grade then at checkout it was $700 don't have the exact amount in front of me. I was very disappointed with the amount they came up with. Won't stay there again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am sorry if there was some miscommunication about the total price of the room for your stay, but I show that you decided to upgrade your room type which does have an upgrade fee associated with it. Please understand that there are also the mandatory state and city taxes that are applied to the room rate.

Again, please accept my apology if the total price was not communicated to you more clearly, and I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay at Dream, and safe travels!