“Worth It!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vaughan, Canada
“Worth It!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at Dream for a six day vacation. We are very cautious travellers who look for cleanliness just as much as location and value.

Not the largest room we have stayed in but more than enough room for two people. I have seen some complaints about the rooms being far to dim and hard to see; it wasn't in my opinion and furthermore this is an Art Deco hotel so the dimness and soft lights are part of the ambience. Rooms are VERY CLEAN with NO BED BUGS!
ALL the staff we encountered were friendly, accommodating and did many things that made our trip more enjoyable. Location was great! It's a short walk to the beach, shopping and nightlife which surrounds the hotel.

Overall, great service, great location and great value for what we received.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you very much for your great review! We are so happy to read that you both had a nice stay and got to enjoy our cool and relaxing rooms. We also like reading that our friendly staff was able to take care of you - we take great pride in offering some of the best service you can find here in South Beach. Thanks for choosing Dream, and we'll see you next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Hebrew first
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Dream was the perfect destination for my recent girls trip getaway. We were immediately greeted by the general manager and front desk staff with smiles and champagne. Every staff member at the Dream was professional, friendly, and hospitable. We received phenomenal customer service and the hotel itself is beautifully decorated and kept impeccably clean. I absolutely recommend the Dream South Beach and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Excellent! Your review is so nice to read, and we couldn't be happier knowing that you and your girlfriends had a great time here with us. Thank you so much for your glowing recommendation, and we look forward to your next visit!
Haymarket, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed one night here and this place has a great vibe...modern, cool, right in the South Beach area so you can walk everywhere. My biggest issues with the place were the missing little touches you take for granted in other hotels.
The lighting was so bad that I could barely put makeup on. I balanced a compact between my knees so I could use the bedside spotlights that can be maneuvered toward your face. Otherwise the room is dimly lit by overhead spots....cool looking, but difficult to get ready to go out! I asked the hotel about it and they are looking at makeup mirrors, so at least they realized it was an issue.
Next was the lack of surface, especially in the bathroom...no where to set your kit, hair stuff, etc.
Last complaint is there is no coffee maker in the room! Ugh...that sucked in the morning.
Now for the cool parts! The bed had cool blue backlighting, and when you turn on the lights they slowly come up, which was a neat effect. The decor is simple and modern, and our bathroom had one of those doorless walking showers with plenty of room for two.
So if lighting, surfaces and coffee are not important to you, I would recommend this place! The rooftop pool was gorgeous also!

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing the street...it is noisy at all hours!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karrot719
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences and feedback! We really do appreciate your comments as they help us make sure we are being as responsive as possible to our guest's needs. All of us here hope that you will come back and visit us again the next time you are in South Beach and looking for a cool hotel experience. Safe travels!
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would recommend the Dream South Beach hotel to anyone. Their customer service is world class and the hotel is beautiful. They upgraded me to the Presidential suite and it is absolutely mind blowing! Best hotel for the price and everything you need

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ugajules21
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Excellent! It was our pleasure to be able to give you a fun upgrade. Thank you for your wonderful recommendation, and all of us here at Dream hope that we can be your new favorite hotel in South Beach. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Refreshing and perfect for an overnight getaway. I am a local Floridian. Overworked and tired I checked into the Dream to reflect,recharge and rest . As promised the Dream delivered their Trademark sexy and fun atmosphere ..Timothy In the bar was the Highlight .WONDERFUL personality in spite of being busy found time to have a great conversation with me..and surprised me with a pureed mango drink with redbull.as I don't drink alcohol..it was a great alternative Kudos for your kindness and great wit...I stayed in a small economy room and they found a way to design it very Miami and made details in an economy room seem like an upgrade ..rooftop Pool and lounges on the beach gave me the necessary Pop I needed to comeback home and go back to work (again )lol- Great experience --Loved the Dream...all the Staff was a four star treat to deal with EVERYONE was perfect ....and I thank you .

Room Tip: it is not a cookie cutter hotel room or design be open minded and soak it up ..
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Your review is oh so nice! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a great review and recommendation. It makes us happy knowing that you were ready for a unique and fun hotel experience, and that we were able to deliver just that. Thank you again, and safe travels!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It was just the strangest, smallest, darkest room. And I'm from NYC so I'm used to small spaces but this was insane. No place to put our stuff either. Weird setup with bathroom & shower, we Luckily we were just using the room to crash a couple nights after a 30th birthday bash in Miami.

And I like trendy, but if only I could get some light to be able to put my makeup on straight.

On the plus - the front desk, service was wonderful. That and Location Location Location. Beautiful lobby, and the roof seemed awesome, but we didn't get to luxuriate up there do to mediocre weather.

Room Tip: Bring a flashlight
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank OrtoTravel
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thanks for choosing Dream, and taking the time to share your experiences with us. We do understand that our hotel is much different than many of the typical hotels throughout the world, but we take great pride in providing a fresh and delightfully unexpected hotel experience for our guests. Thank you for your great comments about our friendly front desk staff, and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!